PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy's Pick...Typical!!

Dee Dub
04-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok this team has one of the best young WR's In the game in Miles Austin, as well as an elite pass catching TE, three blue chip RBs, as well as another young wide receiver ( who they gave up a first round pick to get), .yet move up to draft another me-first WR in Dez Bryant?? A player who has character issues?? Is offense the reason the Cowboys fall short of a championship? Or was their biggest need going into this draft offense or defense??

Couldnt happen to nicer bunch of guys. :roll:

MaxAMillion
04-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I thought it was a good pick. They got potentially the best WR in the draft. Plus Roy Williams is a mediocre WR. Jerry Jones was stupid to give up a first and third for Williams.

There is risk with Bryant, but there was risk with Randy Moss. For whatever reason, WR tend to be attention seeking Divas. You usually have to put of with their attitude problems.

hawaiiansteel
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
the Cowgirls scored one TD or less four times last season, they need another dynamic WR who can stretch the field and create big plays as the Roy Williams trade has turned out to be an absolute disaster for them.

i'm just glad the Cowpies traded up in front of the Felons and kept Dez Bryant away from them. :ratsuck

Dee Dub
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I thought it was a good pick. They got potentially the best WR in the draft. Plus Roy Williams is a mediocre WR. Jerry Jones was stupid to give up a first and third for Williams.

There is risk with Bryant, but there was risk with Randy Moss. For whatever reason, WR tend to be attention seeking Divas. You usually have to put of with their attitude problems.

I dont think it is ever a good pick when you choose skill set over character....and Jerry Jones is on record as saying that is exactly what he is doing.

And Roy Williams isnt a mediocre receiver. When he was on the lowly Detroit Lions without a franchise Qb he put up...

Rec. 82 yards 1310 avg. 16.0 Td's 7

Randy Moss has been on three teams. How many times have those teams won a super bowl??
Just because you dont fit into a teams system or they dont make an effort to get you the ball doesnt make you mediocre.

BURGH86STEEL
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM

I dont think it is ever a good pick when you choose skill set over character....and Jerry Jones is on record as saying that is exactly what he is doing.

And Roy Williams isnt a mediocre receiver. When he was on the lowly Detroit Lions without a franchise Qb he put up...

Randy Moss has been on three teams. How many times have those teams won a super bowl??
Just because you dont fit into a teams system or they dont make an effort to get you the ball doesnt make you mediocre.

I suppose you should be glad the Cowboys picked up a player with character issues. Be happy, be glad it is not the Steelers problem. Unless of course, he turns out to be a talent that many teams wish they did not pass up.

A lot of fans are happy that the Steelers appear to be keeping their players with a few character issues of their own. It is probably best that Steelers fans not to be critical of other teams personnel decisions. This team had/has issues of its own.

AngryAsian
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Jerry Jones is the anti-christ.

Jom112
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Now before people judge a player what exactly has Dez done wrong? Lie about hanging out with Deion, is the only thing that comes to mind.

He doesn't drink or smoke and is talented player. Not the brightest person by far, but I don't know if I would categorize Dez has a bad person...

Sugar
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I thought it was a great pick for them. This gives them another weapon with real ball skills.

Shoe
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Are you serious? Do you watch DAL play? Roy Williams is currently a joke. I'm gonna guess that injuries, or maybe just age, caught up to the guy. But "mediocre" is being generous--I thought he sucked all year.

I wouldn't want Dez for our team, but I'll go on record saying he will propel them to the hometown SB they are looking for--I'm envisioning a Randy Moss/Randall Cunningham/Vikings effect. Tony Romo is gonna look that much better, leaving gaping run lanes for Felix, Barber, Choice. And their D will be strong. They're gonna be tough this year.

NJ-STEELER
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
heard a stroy that he showed up at a home game 30 mins before gametime.

this after the team was in a hotel and bussed out 3 hours before hand

Discipline of Steel
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM

I think Art II would disagree with that! :P