PDA

View Full Version : round 2 position surprise?

steeler_george
04-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Who do we pick in the 2nd?

Like most people on here, I had a feeling we would go OL in 1 and then DB in 2. But not so sure now with looking at the list of players available still available, and the DBs that already selected gone. Is it possible we will go in another direction in the 2nd? Do we wait on selecting DB till the 3rd round?

With Ben out and Holmes gone, our "O" is going to take a big step back. I think we have to re-establish the run to have chance to win the AFCN or even a wild card. With Willie gone also and an older Moore do we have have enough depth at RB. Could the FO surpirse us in the draft and select more mullers (Stafford, Brown, Campble) on the OL to open bigger holes in the running game or grab the best running back available in the second?

MAX-Kemo-Pouncey- insert Colon, and either Stafford, Brown, Campbel to fill out the RT side?

I think that would be a pretty dominate OL if Pouncey lives up to the billing and is able to be starter at center day one.

Shawn
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I think it will be between a WR an DB...but ILB is a possibility. Damian WIlliams, and Brandon Ghee are at the top of my list.

SteelBucks
04-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Steelers need a RB, DB, and WR. I won't be surprised if they go after Golden Tate, but I doubt he'll be there at #52.

Oviedo
04-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Odds on favoirtes are DB, WR or ILB but I would not be surprised to see RB with a guy like Ben Tate or Toby Gerhardt.

calmkiller
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Players still available with a 1st - 2nd round grade.

4 Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
25 Sergio Kindle DE Texas
26 Charles Brown OT USC
27 Everson Griffen DE USC
30 Brian Price DT UCLA
31 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
33 Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
34 Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
38 Damian Williams WR USC
39 Nate Allen S South Florida
41 Taylor Mays S USC
42 Colt McCoy QB Texas