PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate it when NFLN and ESPN

BigRob
04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Either tell the pick before it is announced or show the freaking player when they find out early? I freakin hate that! It takes the suspense and fun out of the process for me.

I really hate it when Lacanfora and Sheft/Mort/etc.. tell the pick right before it is made and act like they inside information.

cruzer8
04-22-2010, 11:48 PM
No.

Lebsteel
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
My daugther gets the Steeler text message alerts and she got a text saying we took Pouncey when the 49ers were still on the clock at 17. I was watching it live on ESPN, so how did that happen?

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Fortunately as the round went on, some of the picks they didn't do it. But yeah, it's annoying.

I can't comprehend how they think the viewer would want to hear the sideline reporter, instead of the official announcing of the pick.

birtikidis
04-23-2010, 01:28 AM
I really hate how they show that stupid dancing and crap by the player. Listen ESPN, I don't care if CJ SPILLER CAN SHADOW BOX! I want to see a little bit of his highlights, his combine and some of his senior bowl stuff (if he played) not that dumb crap.

phillyesq
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM
With 2 networks covering it live, it seems like they had to compete with each other to see who could be the first to announce the picks. At some points it seemed like the draft almost went too fast -- the tv guys would be talking about one pick before the commish announced the previous pick. Harder to savor and digest what was going on.

I mostly stuck with NFLN for Mayock. Kiper is entertaining, but Mayock has the most credibility.

Shawn
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I really hate how they show that stupid dancing and crap by the player. Listen ESPN, I don't care if CJ SPILLER CAN SHADOW BOX! I want to see a little bit of his highlights, his combine and some of his senior bowl stuff (if he played) not that dumb crap.

Birt I couldn't agree more. And worst moves of the night have to go to McCourtney. Wow...that was bad.

proudpittsburgher
04-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I was talking with my buddy last night about this very thing. Just let them announce it first. If I just wanted to read who the pick was, I would have skipped thedamn tv show and just watched the picks online.

Djfan
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
My daugther gets the Steeler text message alerts and she got a text saying we took Pouncey when the 49ers were still on the clock at 17. I was watching it live on ESPN, so how did that happen?

I had the same thing happen. It was cool, because we switched over to the pens game.

Man that sucked.