PDA

View Full Version : Drama Queen...

feltdizz
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again... Ben is a drama queen. I don't mean he skips around lisping the day away watching Bravo but dammit, once again we are on the edge of our seats in the off season waiting and praying we get past 18.

Now the Benwagoners will say it's hate... the righteous will say it's the PS members or the medias fault... But how many of the calm and level headed fans would admit they knew we would get trade feelers from other teams? I say none...

This is all too much for a fan to take. I know the great ones are often tested but it sure seems like Ben has no problem volunteering for summer school SAT's every damn year.

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree. Which is why he will lead the team to a great record this year, to prove everyone wrong about not wanting him on their team via trade, while also proving he can change his conduct, when everyone thinks he can't.

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree. Which is why he will lead the team to a great record this year, to prove everyone wrong about not wanting him on their team via trade, while also proving he can change his conduct, when everyone thinks he can't.

Wholeheartedly ... :Agree

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
The great ones usually are pains in the ass. Kim Kardashian will never go without a man on her arm. She's a pain in the ass, but she is worth it. Ben is a pain in the ass, but he is wirth it.

Ghost
04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Not everyone is or would be successful at being a Champion and worth $100 million at a young age. Clearly Ben is one that has not. I chalk it up to this rather than being a drama queen. After the world continually tells you your sh!t don't stink, it may be easy to believe it smells of roses.

Hopefully this last episode with the Goodell admonishment/suspension and the real possibility of jail time; he'll step back and reevaluate his douche behavior and pull it together for a fantastic second half of his career.

Shawn
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Not everyone is or would be successful at being a Champion and worth $100 million at a young age. Clearly Ben is one that has not. I chalk it up to this rather than being a drama queen. After the world continually tells you your sh!t don't stink, it may be easy to believe it smells of roses.

Hopefully this last episode with the Goodell admonishment/suspension and the real possibility of jail time; he'll step back and reevaluate his douche behavior and pull it together for a fantastic second half of his career.

I would agree...and I think there is a medical term for Ben and his issues...

Acquired situational narcissism (ASN) is a form of narcissism that develops in late adolescence or adulthood, brought on by wealth, fame and the other trappings of celebrity. It was coined by Robert B. Millman, professor of psychiatry at the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.

ASN differs from conventional narcissism in that it develops after childhood and is triggered and supported by the celebrity-obsessed society: fans, assistants and tabloid media all play into the idea that the person really is vastly more important than other people, triggering a narcissistic problem that might have been only a tendency, or latent, and helping it to become a full-blown personality disorder.

In its presentation and symptoms, it is indistinguishable from narcissistic personality disorder, differing only in its late onset and its support by large numbers of others. The person with ASN may suffer from unstable relationships, substance abuse and erratic behaviour.

cruzer8
04-22-2010, 02:22 PM
A drama queen is someone who INTENTIONALLY does things to bring attention. Meaning the goal is to get the attention by their actions.

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
A drama queen is someone who INTENTIONALLY does things to bring attention. Meaning the goal is to get the attention by their actions.

OK, so then we can change it to "high maintenence"?

pittpete
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Wouldnt it've been easier for Ben to admit he has a drinking problem,go to the farm for a few weeks and everything is better.

aggiebones
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Jordan, Lemieux, Gretsky, etc were all pains.

Montana was not...and frankly he is the most boring person ever. Though I am a big fan of Joe.

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 03:14 PM

I would agree...and I think there is a medical term for Ben and his issues...

Acquired situational narcissism (ASN) is a form of narcissism that develops in late adolescence or adulthood, brought on by wealth, fame and the other trappings of celebrity. It was coined by Robert B. Millman, professor of psychiatry at the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University.

ASN differs from conventional narcissism in that it develops after childhood and is triggered and supported by the celebrity-obsessed society: fans, assistants and tabloid media all play into the idea that the person really is vastly more important than other people, triggering a narcissistic problem that might have been only a tendency, or latent, and helping it to become a full-blown personality disorder.

In its presentation and symptoms, it is indistinguishable from narcissistic personality disorder, differing only in its late onset and its support by large numbers of others. The person with ASN may suffer from unstable relationships, substance abuse and erratic behaviour.

... and even a tendency to seemingly be nice by buying everyone alcohol but then revealing the true colors by insultingly inviting them all to drink. :wink:

eniparadoxgma
04-22-2010, 04:02 PM
The great ones usually are pains in the bad word. Kim Kardashian will never go without a man on her arm. She's a pain in the bad word, but she is worth it. Ben is a pain in the bad word, but he is wirth it.

I disagree. 8)