PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers did this to scare him straight.

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2010, 10:20 AM
It turned out to be genius, with all these teams turning him down. It's like the draft all over again with teams passing him up.

For him, that will be the eye opener.

Like I said, in the Super Bowl thread, get ready for #7. The ring, and Big Ben.

SteelerNation1
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I just hope it doesn't drive him to drink (more). It sure has taken a toll on my liver!!!!!! :Cheers

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
If that's the case, it scared me straight, and I haven't done anything wrong. :)

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
It turned out to be genius, with all these teams turning him down. It's like the draft all over again with teams passing him up.

For him, that will be the eye opener.

Like I said, in the Super Bowl thread, get ready for #7. The ring, and Big Ben.

I'm on board with "7 for Seven."

Also on board with "Ben There. Done That."

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

ramblinjim
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I just hope it doesn't drive him to drink (more). It sure has taken a toll on my liver!!!!!! :Cheers

Me too! :Beer

flippy
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the Steelers are trying to get teams to take QBs earlier so another player drops.

If the Steelers were to trade into the top 10, wouldn't it likely be to take Jimmy Clausen?

Forcing Clausen or maybe McCoy or Tebow to go earlier could get us a better player at 18.

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the Steelers are trying to get teams to take QBs earlier so another player drops.

If the Steelers were to trade into the top 10, wouldn't it likely be to take Jimmy Clausen?

Forcing Clausen or maybe McCoy or Tebow to go earlier could get us a better player at 18.

Pretty brilliant if that is the case and it works.

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM

It's a decent theory. There's definitely a lot of spy versus spy going on come draft time.

aggiebones
04-22-2010, 11:39 AM
I think its actually a VERY likely scenario. Teams always duck and jive when it comes to revealing which players they like. I could totally see Holmgren taking Clausen due to him saying he doesn't like Clausen.
I think this is a ploy by the Steelers to do 2 thing. Gauge Ben's real worth. And try to alter the draft above them.

NWNewell
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd love to give all this credit to gamesmanship, but rarely is life that complex anywhere but the movies.

But it's entertaining none the less.

aggiebones
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM
I think its actually a VERY likely scenario. Teams always duck and jive when it comes to revealing which players they like. I could totally see Holmgren taking Clausen due to him saying he doesn't like Clausen.
I think this is a ploy by the Steelers to do 2 thing. Gauge Ben's real worth. And try to alter the draft above them.