PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on 'America's Team'

HardlinerKC
04-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I've shied away from commenting on any of the internal issues that have visited the Steel this past off-season but now, for the record, feel compelled to cover some thoughts on the franchise itself.

The Steelers represent more than just Pittsburgh in my view. They represent the notion that quality ownership, consistency and good citizenship of all their personnel is a model that other teams can aspire to emulate, particularly those in similar sized markets. A track record over the years of unquestioned excellence stands as a beacon for other teams that success can be achieved by doing things the right way.

Then, there are the fans, like yourselves here. Fans that travel with their team better than any other, fans that can literally make road games home field advantage for the Steel by virtue of their huge numbers filling the stands. Can there be any more evidence of, of what team IS America's team?

So, every so often, personnel issues surface that must be addressed lest the brand be tarnished. I have absolutely no doubt the ownership will resolve any issues of this sort and do it as they've always done it, with careful thought and then, decisive action. That too, serves as a model for other franchises.

I'm not a Steeler fan in the real sense but I am a fan of the organization because it represents the best of what the NFL is about, represents what I want my team to emulate and, finally, represents the real America's team.

Slapstick
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Wow.

I like you!

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Good thoughts and thanks for the props to the Steelers and Steeler Nation. You beat us last year, but, hey, no hard feelings! :twisted: :wink:

On another note, I say America's Team deserves to get Jamaal Charles for a 5th. 8)

SteelerNation1
04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Nice post Hardliner. Please accept my gift in return. :Boobs

steelernation77
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Ha my rommate's a Chiefs fan and he said he used to respect the Steelers until he started living with me. Now he's so sick of hearing about them he was even rooting for the Broncos against us.

aggiebones
04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
...maybe your just an obnoxious ass.

:P