PDA

View Full Version : Wexell's Draft Predictions

Oviedo
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
I'd very very underwhelmed if it went down this way. IMO a "C-" draft. First two picks are both huge overreaches.

So here are the predictions for the Steelers’ 2010 draft:

1st round – Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

2nd round – Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina

3rd round – Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP

4th round – Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel

5th round – Jeff Owens, NT, Georgia

5th round (comp.) – Chris DeGeare, OG, Wake Forest

5th round (comp.) – Clifton Geathers, DE, LSU

6th round – Charles Scott, RB, LSU

7th round (comp.) – Albert McClellan, OLB, Marshall

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
That draft is not deserving of praise and compliments.

Why does everyone seem to give us only 3 fifth round picks in their mocks?

calmkiller
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I agree with the over reach but I think its going to be an interior lineman in the first. If Mike Iupati is gone then I believe it will be pouncey. Sadly...

And yea....we have 4 5th rounders this year....

phillyesq
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd very very underwhelmed if it went down this way. IMO a "C-" draft. First two picks are both huge overreaches.

So here are the predictions for the Steelers’ 2010 draft:

1st round – Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

2nd round – Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina

3rd round – Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, IUP

4th round – Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel

5th round – Jeff Owens, NT, Georgia

5th round (comp.) – Chris DeGeare, OG, Wake Forest

5th round (comp.) – Clifton Geathers, DE, LSU

6th round – Charles Scott, RB, LSU

7th round (comp.) – Albert McClellan, OLB, Marshall

I'd also be quite underwhelmed. Even if Pouncey ends up being a great center, I hate spending the 2nd and 3rd round picks on a backup OLB and yet another project at CB.

Is he also missing a 5th round pick in here, or am I missing something?

Lebsteel
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I would hate the 1st and 2nd round picks. Well, I'd be OK with Pouncey if we traded down and picked up a high 2nd rounder, but Norwood in Rd 2? I would be even more disappointed than I currently am with the whole Ben saga...

Oviedo
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I would hate the 1st and 2nd round picks. Well, I'd be OK with Pouncey if we traded down and picked up a high 2nd rounder, but Norwood in Rd 2? I would be even more disappointed than I currently am with the whole Ben saga...

If we get Pouncey at #18 I will be very, very disappointed (upset accomplishes nothing because my opinion matters not at all to the organization). I could almost be OK with him if we drop down to the #25 area but he had better end up being better than Dawson, Hartings and Webster. No matter what the experts rate him I think he will have a very difficult time being a man on man power blocker in the AFC North.

Norwood is no better than a Round 3 pick and IMO has the the very high probability to be Bruce Davis II. I'd rather take Ben Tate or Toby Gerhardt in Round 2 than Norwood.

ramblinjim
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
There are so many good players in this draft the Steelers could very well pick someone and all of us be like "oh yeah......him.....sure..." That's how I was last year with Ziggy Hood.

If Pouncey is the pick and he becomes a very good center for the Pittsburgh Steelers for the next decade then how can you not applaud the pick? How many first rounders flame out after four years? Anytime you can get a 10 year guy, I find that to be pretty darn good.

pfelix73
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
That mock sukks... IMO

:tt1

flippy
04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm now on the Owusu-Ansah bandwagon.