PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

rpmpit
04-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Seriously. I'm going back and forth in my mind as to what would be best for us. But hearing how anti-Ben most people in Pittsburgh are, I'm wondering how the hell Ben could want to stay??

Is that true though? Tirico was on Michael Kay's ESPN NYC radio show yesterday saying that it was 100 or even 1000 to 1 against Ben in the city. Is that true? Are the Ben fans from around the country supporting Ben when the ones right in Pittsburgh aren't? Do they know something we don't?

http://www.felio.org/images/mugatu.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Yes, I'd be interested in knowing how much of the 'burgh is very strongly anti-Ben.

And whether this punishment changes the sentiments of those people significantly.

JTP53609
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
lets poll it on here...i just saw this morning on the local baltiwhore news station that 61% of fans in Pittsburgh are against ben and 39% still support him, we as steeler fans are actually getting props from fans here in the rat city...

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Seriously. I'm going back and forth in my mind as to what would be best for us. But hearing how anti-Ben most people in Pittsburgh are, I'm wondering how the hell Ben could want to stay??

Is that true though? Tirico was on Michael Kay's ESPN NYC radio show yesterday saying that it was 100 or even 1000 to 1 against Ben in the city. Is that true? Are the Ben fans from around the country supporting Ben when the ones right in Pittsburgh aren't? Do they know something we don't?

http://www.felio.org/images/mugatu.jpg

Because Ben is a whole different animal. He thrives under pressure and the boos of the crowd.

steelblood
04-22-2010, 09:00 AM
It certainly isn't 100 to 1 around here. I'd say most support Ben and feel he is the victim, some are disgusted but want him to stay, and a few want him to go.

MeetJoeGreene
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
To be honest, I have mixed feelings.

I certainly don't condone Ben's behaviors/actions. Although, to be totally honest, when I was younger I was a bit wild and would have not have given a second thought to Ben's rogue-like behavior. Now that I am older, and with family.. I do have a different perspective.

I always believe there can be turnaround. And I believe that most would. My concern is that he does not appear to learn these lessons and seek the turnaround. He HAS to walk the straight and narrow now. But we will never know if there has been truly a change in his attitude/viewpoint/heart.

MeetJoeGreene
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
To be honest, I have mixed feelings.

I certainly don't condone Ben's behaviors/actions. Although, to be totally honest, when I was younger I was a bit wild and would have not have given a second thought to Ben's rogue-like behavior. Now that I am older, and with family.. I do have a different perspective.

I always believe there can be turnaround. And I believe that most would. My concern is that he does not appear to learn these lessons and seek the turnaround. He HAS to walk the straight and narrow now. But we will never know if there has been truly a change in his attitude/viewpoint/heart.

D Rock
04-22-2010, 09:16 AM
As far as I can tell, its a majority here in the northern suburbs that are sick of his crap and would have no problem watching him pack his bags and leave.

Shawn
04-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Am I pissed at Ben? Yes. Do I want him gone? No way. Shoot, I was pissed at my wife yesterday...didn't kick her out over it.

Some of us need a huge event to grow us up. This was Ben's event. I don't believe there will be another incident. I do not believe he raped this girl. Actually, I'm not sure why there is so much anger. He got drunk and had sex in a public restroom. Ok...not exactly something that would get him votes for man of the year but eh.

I think fans are overreacting. I want him here. I support him. But, if I could get my hands on him I would give him a kick in the pants.

Lebsteel
04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Am I pissed at Ben? Yes. Do I want him gone? No way. Shoot, I was pissed at my wife yesterday...didn't kick her out over it.

Some of us need a huge event to grow us up. This was Ben's event. I don't believe there will be another incident. I do not believe he raped this girl. Actually, I'm not sure why there is so much anger. He got drunk and had sex in a public restroom. Ok...not exactly something that would get him votes for man of the year but eh.

I think fans are overreacting. I want him here. I support him. But, if I could get my hands on him I would give him a kick in the pants.
Hopefully when he is facing you! :lol: :lol:

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM

Shawn, I don't know you personally, but you pretty much echoed my words to the line.

Shawn
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM

Shawn, I don't know you personally, but you pretty much echoed my words to the line.

Then you must be a reasonable man. :D

ikestops85
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM

I have to second that ... well said Shawn :Clap