PDA

View Full Version : Ben to Raiders???

SidSmythe
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Latest reports have the Steelers looking for the 8th overall pick and that really good CB w/ the hard to spell name.

That Jason guy from the NFL Network is reporting it.

Steelgal
04-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Not good enough for me. He has a HUGE contract. I'd rather pay THAT much money to a franchise quarterback in Ben, not a corner.

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

SidSmythe
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Not good enough for me. He has a HUGE contract. I'd rather pay THAT much money to a franchise quarterback in Ben, not a corner.

I thought the same thing! It would be a tough pill to swallow accepting any contract that was negotiated by the Raiders.

I'd want their 2nd round pick also

Steel Life
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
If it went down, I'd ask for either Louis Murphy or Michael Bush as well...

LouSteel
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Nnamdi and Troy on the field? At the same time? You could go ahead and write off that half of the field.

It's still too light, IMHO. See if Crazy Al will throw in their 2nd and some picks next year and we can talk :lol:

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 2nd round pick. Like I said before, we are not the Patriots. We don't trade well.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything more than a 2nd round pick. Like I said before, we are not the Patriots. We don't trade well.

You meant a fifth, right?

Honestly, that horse is REALLY dead. Move on.

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM

No sarcasm there. I was actually being serious. And am seriously worried when Friday comes around and the 2nd round starts.

SteelBucks
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
If it went down, I'd ask for either Louis Murphy or Michael Bush as well...

Darren McFadden

Snatch98
04-21-2010, 06:19 PM

No sarcasm there. I was actually being serious. And am seriously worried when Friday comes around and the 2nd round starts.

Is this before or after you put down the pot brownies and magic mushrooms? If Big Ben goes for a 2nd I'll lose all faith in the Steelers organization. Talk about throwing away the franchise.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM

Regardless of how inept you see their trading skill, there is no way that will happen. Heinz would get burned to the ground if Ben was traded for a second round pick.

LouSteel
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Regardless of how inept you see their trading skill, there is no way that will happen. Heinz would get burned to the ground if Ben was traded for a second round pick.

I'm probably one of the people on this board more willing to see Ben traded... but I'll be handing out torches if all we get is a 2nd :lol:

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 06:26 PM
John Clayton is reporting that the Steelers are getting lowballed in offers, and that they are DESPERATE to move him.

2nd round pick, or a swap of firsts.

Like I said, if this were the Patriots, no one would dare to offer anything but 2 firsts and a 1st next year. But the way the Steelers are handling this, and their track record or lack thereof in trading (before and after Holmes)..

I'm worried.

LouSteel
04-21-2010, 06:30 PM
John Clayton is reporting that the Steelers are getting lowballed in offers, and that they are DESPERATE to move him.

2nd round pick, or a swap of firsts.

Like I said, if this were the Patriots, no one would dare to offer anything but 2 firsts and a 1st next year. But the way the Steelers are handling this, and their track record or lack thereof in trading (before and after Holmes)..

I'm worried.

Link?

It's not like I doubt you or anything -- everyone here just seems to get this information way faster than me, and I'd like in on the pipeline :lol:

If the Steelers are really willing to take this, it'd be a shocker... of course, perhaps the team knows Ben has some other skeletons in the closet... it's very possible.

I think that if (and that's a big if) the team is willing to take such a low offer, they absolutely must know something we don't. It all just doesn't add up unless this is the case, IMHO.

Of course, if the team was willing to take a 2nd for him, I think he'd already be gone...

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't see how the Steelers can be "desperate" to trade him. I'd rather he never play again then to just give him away. This is ridiculous. There are at least 25 other teams that would be instantly better with Ben at QB.