PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT trade Ben!!!!!!!

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Franchise QBs do not grow on trees.

Yes, Ben has made a few mistakes, but Ben deserves another chance and if he effs up again i'll be all for trading him.

Mr. Rooney, please give Ben one more chance to redeem himself. I'm sure if you do that Ben will not let Steeler Nation down again. :tt2

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
:Agree

SteelBucks
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I wish cooler heads would prevail here and that the FO doesn't do anything stupid. This trade talk is making me nervous. Trading Ben would set back this organization for years.

aggiebones
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
I say load down this thread for Mr. Rooney that has stated that he checks the pulse of the franchise sometimes on the message board.
Surely he's seen all the boobs demanding a trade because a guy showed his pecker and they are embarrassed.
I say those in favor of keeping him, sign on here. It's not my thread but I can pimp someone else's thread.

Here Here to keeping him.
He's our willy flashing drunken boob and noone else can have him!

proudpittsburgher
04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
I agree, I agree, I agree. That is all.

SteelAbility

Ben is a once-every-25-year talent. There's not enough on the table to warrant dealing him. Another chance. I believe he'll start using better judgment and the ship will steady. I also think he comes back on the field with a fury performance-wise.

aggiebones

decades :cry:

ramblinjim
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree, do I want Ben to watch my 22 year old neice, no. But he can throw a football for my favorite football team.

isonator07
04-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Franchise QBs do not grow on trees.

Yes, Ben has made a few mistakes, but Ben deserves another chance and if he effs up again i'll be all for trading him.

Mr. Rooney, please give Ben one more chance to redeem himself. I'm sure if you do that Ben will not let Steeler Nation down again. :tt2

If he screws up again what do you think we get outta him? This might be a case of cutting losses and taking what they can get now.

I'm not in the group that wants to see him go, but another incident and he has zero value IMO. If he goes anywhere I hope its Oak for thier rd 1 pick and Nnamdi. But who the heck knows what his actual value is to other teams.

ikestops85
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Bobby Layne
Sonny Jurgenson
Joe Namath

They have all displayed worse conduct than Ben yet they are considered league icons.

KEEP BEN

Snatch98
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Tomorrow is going to be nerve racking. Every time trade pops up on the ticker I'm going to nearly sh.it my pants for the entire first round. Hopefully it doesn't happen often. Big Ben getting traded will be a catastrophic mistake.

steelblood
04-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I'll support the Steelers even if we trade him. I wish I knew more about the cases. If the Rooneys don't feel like he will change, they must trade him. If they think he will, they should keep him.

snarky
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
NFLN reporting that part of Goodel's process was to talk to current and former team mates about Ben. Given that the punishment was coordinated between the league and the team, I think it's possible that what emerged is that this behavior is not isolated to one, two or three incidents but is, instead, a trend. And if that's the case maybe they think it is smarter in the long run to get what they can and move on.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2010, 05:12 PM
i'm gonna cry if we send Ben to the Raiders just so we can move up from #18 to #8...

:(

Steelers discuss Roethlisberger deal with Raiders; Rams say no

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers have stepped up their efforts to trade two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but the Oakland Raiders might be the only real option.

The Steelers were rebuffed by the St. Louis Rams over the weekend, but a league source said Wednesday that they also have contacted the Raiders, who need a veteran quarterback and tried to land Donovan McNabb before the Philadelphia Eagles traded him to the Washington Redskins earlier this month.

The Raiders have a history of taking on troubled players such as Roethlisberger, who received a six-game suspension Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy. Also, Roethlisberger's contract isn't hefty and would be easy to absorb in a trade.

The Steelers had a brief conversation with the Rams, according to a league source, but they weren't interested in acquiring Roethlisberger. The Steelers wanted to send Roethlisberger to the Rams as part of a package to move up to No. 1 overall in this week's draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

That could make the Raiders the only fit. The Steelers are open to packaging Roethlisberger and the No. 18 pick to move up in the draft. The Raiders own the No. 8 selection.

Steelers president Art Rooney II declined to comment about any possibility of trading Roethlisberger.

"As we've said before, we really can't answer questions about trades, especially this time of year," Rooney said during a conference call. "We go into every draft with the idea to do anythying we can to make our team a better football team. We just have to stick with that and not discuss trades in advance."

Despite Roethlisberger's issues, the Steelers want decent value in return for the quarterback. But given the six-game suspension and the limited interest in Roethlisberger, team sources view a deal as extremely remote, if not impossible.

The Buffalo Bills also pick in the top 10 and need a quarterback, but they don't appear interested in Roethlisberger at this time. Doug Whaley, a former executive in Pittsburgh, moved to Buffalo this offseason to work with general manager Buddy Nix, but the Steelers don't expect him to recommend Roethlisberger to his new team because he would harbor some of the same reservations that they do.

The Cleveland Browns have the No. 7 pick and lack a long-term solution at quarterback, but the Steelers wouldn't trade Roethlisberger to an AFC North rival, according to a team source. That also was the Steelers' position with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who was dealt to the New York Jets earlier this month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ab5f4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

SteelCrazy
04-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Maybe we need to voice our opinions......here are a few contact numbers:

Administrative Offices
3400 South Water St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2349
(412) 432-7800
Fax: 412-432-7878

Marketing Offices
100 Art Rooney Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212-5721
(412) 697-7700
Fax: (412) 697-7701

Send mail to:
Steelers Ticket Office
P.O. Box 6763
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Ticket office phone: (412) 323-1200

PSSI Stadium Corporation
Heinz Field
900 Art Rooney Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212-5721
(412) 697-7150
412-697-7151

isonator07
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
i'm gonna cry if we send Ben to the Raiders just so we can move up from #18 to #8...

The Pittsburgh Steelers have stepped up their efforts to trade two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but the Oakland Raiders might be the only real option.

The Steelers were rebuffed by the St. Louis Rams over the weekend, but a league source said Wednesday that they also have contacted the Raiders, who need a veteran quarterback and tried to land Donovan McNabb before the Philadelphia Eagles traded him to the Washington Redskins earlier this month.

The Raiders have a history of taking on troubled players such as Roethlisberger, who received a six-game suspension Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy. Also, Roethlisberger's contract isn't hefty and would be easy to absorb in a trade.

The Steelers had a brief conversation with the Rams, according to a league source, but they weren't interested in acquiring Roethlisberger. The Steelers wanted to send Roethlisberger to the Rams as part of a package to move up to No. 1 overall in this week's draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.

That could make the Raiders the only fit. The Steelers are open to packaging Roethlisberger and the No. 18 pick to move up in the draft. The Raiders own the No. 8 selection.

Steelers president Art Rooney II declined to comment about any possibility of trading Roethlisberger.

"As we've said before, we really can't answer questions about trades, especially this time of year," Rooney said during a conference call. "We go into every draft with the idea to do anythying we can to make our team a better football team. We just have to stick with that and not discuss trades in advance."

Despite Roethlisberger's issues, the Steelers want decent value in return for the quarterback. But given the six-game suspension and the limited interest in Roethlisberger, team sources view a deal as extremely remote, if not impossible.

The Buffalo Bills also pick in the top 10 and need a quarterback, but they don't appear interested in Roethlisberger at this time. Doug Whaley, a former executive in Pittsburgh, moved to Buffalo this offseason to work with general manager Buddy Nix, but the Steelers don't expect him to recommend Roethlisberger to his new team because he would harbor some of the same reservations that they do.

The Cleveland Browns have the No. 7 pick and lack a long-term solution at quarterback, but the Steelers wouldn't trade Roethlisberger to an AFC North rival, according to a team source. That also was the Steelers' position with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who was dealt to the New York Jets earlier this month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ab5f4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

That would be worse then the Ditka trade for Ricky Williams.

AngryAsian
04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Bobby Layne
Sonny Jurgenson
Joe Namath

They have all displayed worse conduct than Ben yet they are considered league icons.

KEEP BEN

Their dirty laundry never had to be aired over so many mediums of communication, until well after their careers. Maybe some newspaper headlines, but never over the net and so many cable sports channels with analysts dissecting and crucifying.

Plus this was brought up by some reporters regarding the Ben's position.... first non-African American to be handed disciplinary actions since the league revamped their code of conduct. Being the first QB also, renders him with a larger target because of his visibility. The fact he's a member of one the league's elite organizations was also noted. So many factors contributing to why and how... I think this maybe why Goodell was so heavy handed.

proudpittsburgher
04-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one who think the Rams are crazy to not want to give up the No 1 pick for ben, assuming of course, they are going to take Bradford? If they want Sue, well, then it makes a little sense. I was listening to Wilbon this afternoon, and when asked if he thought the rams should make the trade, Wilbon said "in a heartbeat". I am with wilbon on this one.

LouSteel
04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I wish cooler heads would prevail here and that the FO doesn't do anything stupid. This trade talk is making me nervous. Trading Ben would set back this organization for years.

I'm of the opinion that the FO knows what it is doing. We're not going to trade Ben unless the team is confident in Dixon, or we have a early-round prospect on our radar.

And I'm also pretty sure the FO won't just trade Ben to "make a point" -- they won't pull a Stonio. He only gets traded if we get enough in return to fill holes on this team for years.

Flasteel
04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
No player is bigger than the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Black-N-Gold will always hold my allegiance. That said, trading Ben would easily go down as the worst decision in franchise history and it would undoubtedly piss me off for the rest of my life.

aggiebones
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
His value in the trading market is not as high as his ability to win another SB.
There's no player in the draft that you can say, "That guy can win a Super Bowl for us." Now I'm not saying Ben did it by himself, far from it, but as good as the top of this draft is, there are no guarantees. Look at the draft over the last 2 decades and its easy to find ALOT of top 5 busts.

ikestops85
04-21-2010, 05:39 PM
No player is bigger than the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Black-N-Gold will always hold my allegiance. That said, trading Ben would easily go down as the worst decision in franchise history and it would undoubtedly piss me off for the rest of my life.

:Clap :Clap :Clap

Steel Life
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Just think it could be Clausen for Ben...oh god, I think I'm gonna puke.

Herewegosteelers!
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM

I second that and I would sell my season tickets. I will always be a Steeler fan but I won't pay for tickets anymore if they do something to try to act goody-goody that is plain dumb!

skyhawk
04-22-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll support the Steelers even if we trade him. I wish I knew more about the cases. If the Rooneys don't feel like he will change, they must trade him. If they think he will, they should keep him.

Short sweet concise. Now I wish we (I) could all quit judging, moralizing, proselytizing, and thinking from our armchairs and couches. :HeadBanger

Shawn
04-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Someone has some really bad sources or the Rooneys are morons.

NW Steeler
04-22-2010, 02:11 AM

Ben and our #18 pick to move up 10 spots in the draft?
Who in the f*ck comes up with this sh!t?

That is COMPLETELY insane.

If a trade went down like that, I fear for the welfare of the Rooney's!!

proudpittsburgher
04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Who in the f*ck comes up with this sh!t?

Jason LaCanforra, that's who. Remember, Casey Hampton was getting cut last year. Yep, that was our boy Jason behind that one.