PDA

View Full Version : Some more Rumors....

steelblood
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Over on another site, a poster named Chemsteel (some of you may remember him from the trib. as a guy who claimed to have inside information and some affiliation with the team) has posted some "inside info". Anyway, he is saying that the Cardinals have offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year, plus a first next season and the Seahawks have offered their 2 1sts and a 1st next season for Ben. For what it is worth, he also said the Bills were interested (which I suppose they could be even though they denied it). Chem has been pretty insightful before. Many at the trib and on the other sight believe him. I am tempted to believe him too given his track record.

He also said we are interested in an interior linemen in the first round.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Over on another site, a poster named Chemsteel (some of you may remember him from the trib. as a guy who claimed to have inside information and some affiliation with the team). Anyway, he is saying that the Cardinals have offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year, plus a first next season and the Seahawks have offered their 2 1sts and a 1st next season for Ben. For what it is worth, he also said the Bills were interested (which I suppose they could be even though they denied it). Chem has been pretty insightful before. Many at the trib and on the other sight believe him. I am tempted to believe him too given his track record.

I think Chemsteel is consuming some high quality recreational chemicals. Those are BS rumors. No way anyone gives up that much for damaged goods.

"Inside" info my butt. Maybe inside his own mind.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
I would take either offer and never look back.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Over on another site, a poster named Chemsteel (some of you may remember him from the trib. as a guy who claimed to have inside information and some affiliation with the team). Anyway, he is saying that the Cardinals have offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year, plus a first next season and the Seahawks have offered their 2 1sts and a 1st next season for Ben. For what it is worth, he also said the Bills were interested (which I suppose they could be even though they denied it). Chem has been pretty insightful before. Many at the trib and on the other sight believe him. I am tempted to believe him too given his track record.

Chem is the real deal. I would say his real name but he is a very under the radar kinda guy. He played OL in the NFL and has connections to the top of the FO. I know he often plays golf with the players and coaches as well. I was active in emails with him at the Trib. I also know the info he has given me in the past has been very solid. If he says it...I believe it.

Jom112
04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Interesting. Chris Mortensen was reporting that the Cardinals don't have any interest.

Although I believe chemsteel more than him... :lol:

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM

I think Chemsteel is consuming some high quality recreational chemicals. Those are BS rumors. No way anyone gives up that much for damaged goods.

lol...do you even know who he is? Unreal.

papillon
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM

He played for Pitt and the Bears in the 80s and he does have some connections within the organization. Lets hope the Rooneys resist the 3 first round picks from the Hawks and hold on to Ben and give him a chance at redemption. I believe that Ben performs best under adversity and I'm sure he can get through this if they give him the opportunity.

Pappy

steelblood
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I sorta trust Chem. But, those deals do seem crazy.

Snatch98
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Either scenario is more than I expected to hear and if there is any credence to either I have no idea what the Rooney's will do. I'd still hate to see Ben in a different uniform and don't have the confidence in any QB on our roster or in the draft for that matter to keep the franchise from being firmly set back a good ways. I guess with all those picks they could maybe move up and grab Bradford etc. Either way I can't imagine either scenario holding much water. I also don't know which I'd take, the 3 firsts is tempting.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM

lol...do you even know who he is? Unreal.

He is the real deal, and if he is making it known Ben might be gone.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM

He played for Pitt and the Bears in the 80s and he does have some connections within the organization. Lets hope the Rooneys resist the 3 first round picks from the Hawks and hold on to Ben and give him a chance at redemption. I believe that Ben performs best under adversity and I'm sure he can get through this if they give him the opportunity.

Pappy

Yes he did...and yes he does. I believe he has a Super Bowl ring. :)

Jom112
04-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Pete Carroll has been offering "song clues" to who the Seahawks are going to draft (Or are interested in drafting).

The latest one:

@PeteCarroll

how bout another one for the #seahawksdraftclues?? big balls by ac/dc http://shwks.com/26t6

Eddie Spaghetti
trading ben based on allegations by an icredibly intoxicated college studet wearing a down to **** sticker would rank right up there with cutting unitas. i would have a hard time getting past that.

like pappy said, give the man a chance to rehabilitate his image.

NWNewell

I must say I wouldn't be too critical of them pulling the trigger on either of those.

Yes, we would be taking a hit and trading high present value for future potential... but off the field issues or not, that much potential makes you think twice.

To be honest, I'd probably be a little surprised if Ben brings in that much value at this point in time.

steelblood
This whole thing is giving me a headache.

phillyesq
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Over on another site, a poster named Chemsteel (some of you may remember him from the trib. as a guy who claimed to have inside information and some affiliation with the team) has posted some "inside info". Anyway, he is saying that the Cardinals have offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year, plus a first next season and the Seahawks have offered their 2 1sts and a 1st next season for Ben. For what it is worth, he also said the Bills were interested (which I suppose they could be even though they denied it). Chem has been pretty insightful before. Many at the trib and on the other sight believe him. I am tempted to believe him too given his track record.

I remember Chem from the Trib board, and he did seem to have good info. I don't want to see Ben get traded, but if he is going to be traded, the package offered by the Seahawks is the type of value that I could accept in return (not that it is up to me).

SteelerNation1
04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
By the time you get a QB in here, the entire defense will be gone. Harrison, Keisel, Hamp, Smitty, Farrior, Foote, IKe...etc....

Trade Ben and you are giving up on the next 4 seasons AT LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn
Yeah, I sorta trust Chem. But, those deals do seem crazy.

They don't seem crazy to be at all. I think we overestimate the amount of distrust teams around the league have for a guy like Ben. And I think there is also overestimation about how much a hit his value has taken on the open market. What would teams give to have Manning as their QB? Didn't Manning get caught getting a hummer in his hummer in 2004? A franchise QB is easily worth a top player and 3 first round draft picks. Ben will be slightly less because of the recent incident and the suspension. But, make no mistake if Ben is traded it will be for some nice draft picks and players.

aggiebones
I would trade just about anyone in our Steelers history for some of those offers.
Ridiculous and unfounded. Someone getting hopes up or to mock us when we trade him for a 2nd rounder.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Teams sometimes say "no" to keep the offers down by other teams so they could out compensate them. If no one is showing interest some team will think they could low ball them and steal a player. Meanwhile, the team that says they have no interest puts a better offer on the table.

NWNewell
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Boy are all your mock draft efforts going to be flushed down the drain from a deal like this.

All bets would be off!!!

:stirpot

ANPSTEEL
04-21-2010, 04:10 PM

Pappy

Yes he did...and yes he does. I believe he has a Super Bowl ring. :)

Chem is legit.

His "insights" are great- not always 100% but pretty dang close.

I am a bit surprised by the quality of picks - but if he is say those offers are out there- I am sure he is getting that info from a very high source.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
By the time you get a QB in here, the entire defense will be gone. Harrison, Keisel, Hamp, Smitty, Farrior, Foote, IKe...etc....

:Agree

D Rock
04-21-2010, 04:16 PM

UDFA, 7th, 1st, 4th, 1st (FA signing), 4th, 4th

Those are the draft rounds of the players you listed. If the Steelers can get two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd then those holes can all be filled in the next two years with even higher caliber players.
By 2012 after the lockout season the team could again be well stacked and ready to roll.

10 picks in the first three rounds over the next two years could fill every hole and then some.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 04:20 PM

Those are the draft rounds of the players you listed. If the Steelers can get two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd then those holes can all be filled in the next two years with even higher caliber players.
By 2012 after the lockout season the team could again be well stacked and ready to roll.

10 picks in the first three rounds over the next two years could fill every hole and then some.

At the very best you get a 1st and 3rd this season and maybe if you are lucky a 2nd next season. Ben will not bring two 1st Round picks with the baggage he carries.

ANPSTEEL

Not if you already have that QB on your roster.

Dixon, baby!!

I'm only half kidding.

AngryAsian

Trudat!

flippy
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM

Pappy

I remember a LT @ Pitt that was a 1st round pick by the Bears back in the Dan Marino days. Is it that guy?

And I remember Russ Grimm, but he played for the Redskins and he musta been at Pitt in the 70s.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 04:28 PM

At the very best you get a 1st and 3rd this season and maybe if you are lucky a 2nd next season. Ben will not bring two 1st Round picks with the baggage he carries.

Let's go ahead and stick to the rumors being discussed rather than throwing out your own perceived value and trying to make the argument about that.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Look through the 80's Bears OL and see how many came from Pitt. It's not hard to figure out.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
[quote=SteelerNation1]By the time you get a QB in here, the entire defense will be gone. Harrison, Keisel, Hamp, Smitty, Farrior, Foote, IKe...etc....

Let's go ahead and stick to the rumors being discussed rather than throwing out your own perceived value and trying to make the argument about that.[/quote:32pv6vmg]

So there are rumors and then there are true rumors?

ikestops85
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM

It could fill those holes. The problem being that you have to hit on everyone of those picks. That is easier said than done. We have the roster NOW that can win as long as Ben stays on it. That means the question is are you willing to gamble that you make the right picks to get us in contention again without Ben.

I really don't know what I would do. Those are both tempting offers.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Look through the 80's Bears OL and see how many came from Pitt. It's not hard to figure out.

DELETED

Was curious. Grew up a PSU & Panther fan. Remember him playing & always would root for guys that played for them. Remember him well if thats who it was.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM

JC?

No reason to go there, and he will deny it. Let it die or information might not be passed.

flippy
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM

Ah, there was a second guy that played guard and I don't remember him at all.

Jom112
04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
@JasonLaCanfora

Contrary to reports, the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger all over the top end of the draft. It's been much more calculated ...

Browns, 49ers have not been called, despite what others would say. STL, BUFF and OAK have; OAK only real option at this point.

Taking shots at ESPN and others...

Shawn
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
[quote=Shawn]Look through the 80's Bears OL and see how many came from Pitt. It's not hard to figure out.

JC?

No reason to go there, and he will deny it. Let it die or information might not be passed.[/quote:3pggsers]

Exactly...not sure how that much information got out about him to begin with.

SteelAbility
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM

The alleged AZ deal would allow us to trade up and get Iupati AND Pouncey. Then we'd all be happy. The Seattle deal would allow us to get both of them with no trades. 8)

Open cheek, extract tongue. 8)

SteelBucks
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
@JasonLaCanfora

Contrary to reports, the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger all over the top end of the draft. It's been much more calculated ...

Browns, 49ers have not been called, despite what others would say. STL, BUFF and OAK have; OAK only real option at this point.

Taking shots at ESPN and others...

I don't see Ben going to Oakland. IMO, the Steelers would want at least a couple of 1st round picks and the Raiders traded their 2011 1st round selection.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Living in Washington, it would be funny to me if the Seafags gave up 3 first rounders for Ben, especially considering how much they still hate us for "stealing" XL from them. But I don't want to see him traded period, and would be very discouraged about our chances for years to come.

Dee Dub
04-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Yep! Yep! Are you kidding me? We could have 3 first rounders this year plus two next season? I'd take that in a heart beat.

Steelgal
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
[quote="D Rock":1w6kl5hg]I would take either offer and never look back.

Yep! Yep! Are you kidding me? We could have 3 first rounders this year plus two next season? I'd take that in a heart beat.[/quote:1w6kl5hg]

I realize that this is an uncapped year, but do you want to have to pay the salaries of those three first round picks??

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
[quote="D Rock":ah6h44fp]I would take either offer and never look back.

Yep! Yep! Are you kidding me? We could have 3 first rounders this year plus two next season? I'd take that in a heart beat.[/quote:ah6h44fp]

That faint light you see getting closer and brighter is reality coming towards you.

Who wouldn't take that. It is an insane offer which is why it won't happen.

ikestops85
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
[quote="D Rock":sqehtuv9]I would take either offer and never look back.

Yep! Yep! Are you kidding me? We could have 3 first rounders this year plus two next season? I'd take that in a heart beat.

I realize that this is an uncapped year, but do you want to have to pay the salaries of those three first round picks??[/quote:sqehtuv9]

I'm glad someone understands. :Clap :Clap

Steel Life
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Trading for draft picks means nothing...the Saints traded with the Redskins a host picks for the rights to Ricky Williams & the 'Skins got nothing out of it - if you count wins & championships as the measuring stick. See for yourself...

Cade McNown - QB (1st round-12th pick-1999, Chicago Bears)
D'Wayne Bates -WR (3-71-1999, Chicago Bears)
Nate Stimson - LB (4-107-1999, Washington Redskins)
Khari Samuel - LB (5-144-1999, Denver Broncos)
Desmond Clark - TE (6-179-1999, Denver Broncos)
Billy Miller - WR (7-218-1999, Denver Broncos)
La'Var Arrington - LB (1-2-2000, Washington Redskins)
Lloyd Harrison - DB (3-64-2000, Washington Redskins)

Kinda curbs your enthusiasm for the blockbuster trade doesn't it?

SteelAbility
04-21-2010, 05:10 PM
[quote="D Rock":3e2olf1s]I would take either offer and never look back.

I realize that this is an uncapped year, but do you want to have to pay the salaries of those three first round picks??[/quote:3e2olf1s]

If I think it makes me a perennial final four team, absolutely. That's a notch above just being a contender. That means getting into the AFCCG virtually every year. Not saying that the deal does that. I'm saying that IF I estimate that based on yatta yatta.

phillyesq
04-21-2010, 05:12 PM

If it is who I think it is, the name is quite appropriate.

Steel Life
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
[quote="D Rock":p144a59n]I would take either offer and never look back.

I realize that this is an uncapped year, but do you want to have to pay the salaries of those three first round picks??

I'm glad someone understands. :Clap :Clap[/quote:p144a59n]
Some think it's like playing Madden... :HeadBanger

LouSteel
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM

We could always use those picks to grab a specific player.

And besides: rookie contracts would be easier to handle with Mr. $102 million out of town :wink:

ramblinjim
04-21-2010, 05:49 PM
How many Quarterbacks currently in the league have won Superbowls?

1.) Brees
2.) Ben
3.) E. Manning
4.) P. Manning
5.) Brady
6.) Favre

So of 32 teams in the NFL, only 6 active QB's have won rings. I'm sorry, from a pure winning perspective, I'll keep Ben over Seattle's two first round picks this year, or Sam Bradford, the Rams second round pick and their first round pick next year.

steelfanforlife
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
I for one have to tell you this - if the steelers trade ben over this bs then i am not just out of here i resign from steeler nation. Read Whitlocks take on the whole thing -

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/why-big-ben-really-deserved-the-suspension

The point is this Steeler nation went over 25 years without a SB and had how many seasons we were one ben roethlisberger away from a championship team? Now with a completely unsubstanitated accusatoin we should trade him. Even the DA said "there isn't even enough evidence for probable cause"

From Whitlocks article "I don't believe a bunch of hammered sorority girls in this situation," the former sorority president wrote. "I've seen too much bad behavior amongst them. It's all about having fun and then making sure you're not held accountable and your reputation is still good."

And we should trade Ben away - the only franchize qb we have sniffed in 25 years. BS - all you that are oh so holier than though and think for a second it wont be another 20 years before we get back to the super bowl without ben are nuts. Ben stays or i go with him.. ya he makes bad decisions and lets his friend al cohal in too often but trade him for what everyone of us did in our 20s BS.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-21-2010, 06:40 PM
I for one have to tell you this - if the steelers trade ben over this bs then i am not just out of here i resign from steeler nation. Read Whitlocks take on the whole thing -

The point is this Steeler nation went over 25 years without a SB and had how many seasons we were one ben roethlisberger away from a championship team? Now with a completely unsubstanitated accusatoin we should trade him. Even the DA said "there isn't even enough evidence for probable cause"

From Whitlocks article "I don't believe a bunch of hammered sorority girls in this situation," the former sorority president wrote. "I've seen too much bad behavior amongst them. It's all about having fun and then making sure you're not held accountable and your reputation is still good."

And we should trade Ben away - the only franchize qb we have sniffed in 25 years. BS - all you that are oh so holier than though and think for a second it wont be another 20 years before we get back to the super bowl without ben are nuts. Ben stays or i go with him.. ya he makes bad decisions and lets his friend al cohal in too often but trade him for what everyone of us did in our 20s BS.

In keeping with what you wrote here, you might want to think about changing your name from "steelfanforlife" to "steelfanaslongasben'shere" (or something like that)...

steelfanforlife
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
been a fan for 35 years - suffered through enough - mark malon and brister throwing bounce passes was agony - now a guy has never been charged with a crime - never been convicted of anything - he has the highest win % next to brady 2 super bowls his first 5 years - but we better dump him because he drinks when he is not at work and he is single but still likes sex and has a problem with the 2. ya right trade him and the future of your team away because your better than everyone else and he doesnt meet your moral code - again i say bs - the only one alienating fans at that point are the rooneys - they dont walk on water and the steeler way has delivered way more losing seasons than winning seasons so lets keep the good players when we are lucky enough to have them. Yea shape him ip - hire dungy as a life counselor for him but trade him to appease the insecure conservative fuks BS

NJ-STEELER
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
on sportscenter ed bouchette says its other teams calling the steelers and "kicking the tires"

doubts Ben will be traded.

and says the trade talk is probably a sign from the rooney's to ben that he "better tow the line" or he could wind up playing for oakland or cleveland "...LOL

BradshawsHairdresser
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
on sportscenter ed bouchette says its other teams calling the steelers and "kicking the tires"

doubts Ben will be traded.

and says the trade talk is probably a sign from the rooney's to ben that he "better tow the line" or he could wind up playing for oakland or cleveland "...LOL

You'd think that would be enough to scare anyone straight.

NJ-STEELER
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
the way bouchette said it and the look on his face was priceless.

i figured he was going to say something like, well they are young improving teams or something , but he didn't. that cleveland/oakland hate goes a long way i guess

Djfan
04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Yea shape him ip - hire dungy as a life counselor for him but trade him to appease the insecure conservative fuks BS

Sorry SteelfanforNOW,

I am VERY conservative, and a Christian, and I think the whole thing is bunk, too. It's not a conservative thing. It's a witch hunt thing IMO.

I agree on the Dungy thing, too. It may be happening. It didn't take long for Dungy to show up on Vick's door step.

kindlecatsb'ng
04-21-2010, 07:45 PM

AMen--I couldn't post at work and have been livid all day reading this stuff and watching ESPN when I could. Wonder what the real true story is...

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM

AMen--I couldn't post at work and have been livid all day reading this stuff and watching ESPN when I could. Wonder what the real true story is...

The real story is Ben put himself in this position not once but twice and even though none of us know if a crime was committed there seems to be a trend. If he is not guilty of rape then he is guilty of ignorance and poor judgement. He is suppose to be a leader on this team and a leader in the community considering all of our children look up to him and idolize him. Whether its right or not, that is the nature of the life he chose to lead. I for one think the suspension is a little harsh but I think that the league is sending a message that they will not stand for the kind of conduct that has been happening around Big Ben!!! He needs to use these evaluations to grow and use this suspension as motivation to turn his life around. Time to grow up and quit being a frat boy. How about finding a decent respectable lady to spend your time with as opposed to going to college dance clubs, and buying shots for ladies that you do not know. Grow up kid, change your life and be a man instead of some college punk. That's what the real story is!!! It's just sad that this kid has put himself in the position where not only is he risking his public image as a two time Super Bowl winning QB but also his career!!! Sad just Sad!!! I for one will not be wearing a Big Ben jersey again, and neither will my lil guy!!!

UGH!!! :HeadBanger

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Akron--beautifully said. You hit it out of the park. :Clap :Clap

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Akron--beautifully said. You hit it out of the park. :Clap :Clap

Thanks OV....just speaking my mind on this very frustrating day. I just don't understand how someone can have life by the "you know whats" and risk it like this!!! Unbelievable???

JAR
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM

In keeping with what you wrote here, you might want to think about changing your name from "steelfanforlife" to "steelfanaslongasben'shere" (or something like that)...

It's not just about being a Ben fan, it's about having a QB who can win the Steelers more SB titles. No Ben=mediocrity. Why does anyone want to watch a losing team, which it would be for some time to come without Ben.

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 09:03 PM

It's not just about being a Ben fan, it's about having a QB who can win the Steelers more SB titles. No Ben=mediocrity. Why does anyone want to watch a losing team, which it would be for some time to come without Ben.

I watched the Steelers through the 80's.....I watched the Steelers through the late 90's, I cheered just as hard for them when I knew they didn't have a chance to go to the Super Bowl just as I did in Super Bowls XL and XLIII. Rough times make the good times that much sweeter. Just because we had Mark Malone or Bubby Brister as our QB didn't mean that I wasn't a fan!!! Ive been a Pirates fan all my life but just because they have sucked since 92 doesn't mean that I stopped being a fan.....I was there in the playoffs in 92 and I will be there the next time they are playing in October and it will make that time even more enjoyable. I guess some can only cheer for a winner and when the Steelers aren't a winner anymore some will move on to the Browns or Cowboys or Patriots. Each to their own!!! Enjoy your new allegiance!

JAR
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM

I watched the Steelers through the 80's.....I watched the Steelers through the late 90's, I cheered just as hard for them when I knew they didn't have a chance to go to the Super Bowl just as I did in Super Bowls XL and XLIII. Rough times make the good times that much sweeter. Just because we had Mark Malone or Bubby Brister as our QB didn't mean that I wasn't a fan!!! Ive been a Pirates fan all my life but just because they have sucked since 92 doesn't mean that I stopped being a fan.....I was there in the playoffs in 92 and I will be there the next time they are playing in October and it will make that time even more enjoyable. I guess some can only cheer for a winner and when the Steelers aren't a winner anymore some will move on to the Browns or Cowboys or Patriots. Each to their own!!! Enjoy your new allegiance!

But they finally have a winner and you don't care about going back to loserville because the Rooney's decide to make one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history because they think they need to all of a sudden look like Choir Boys? The Steelers have a history of having players with character issues, Ben isn't anything new.

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 09:23 PM

But they finally have a winner and you don't care about going back to loserville because the Rooney's decide to make one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history because they think they need to all of a sudden look like Choir Boys? The Steelers have a history of having players with character issues, Ben isn't anything new.

I don't wanna see this team be a loser again but just because the team may not have Ben anymore doesn't make me less of a fan. I will cheer for this team no matter who is playing QB and no matter if they are 15-1 or 1-15. That's what being a fan is all about. You got live through the bad times to enjoy the good times. That is why I cried like a baby when the team won Super Bowl XL because I had waited my whole life for my team to be a champion. It was one of the best feelings in the world!!! I don't wanna see Ben go and I don't wanna see this team lose ever but if that is what happens then I will still be a huge Steeler Fan through and through!!!

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't wanna see this team be a loser again but just because the team may not have Ben anymore doesn't make me less of a fan. I will cheer for this team no matter who is playing QB and no matter if they are 15-1 or 1-15. That's what being a fan is all about. You got live through the bad times to enjoy the good times. That is why I cried like a baby when the team won Super Bowl XL because I had waited my whole life for my team to be a champion. It was one of the best feelings in the world!!! I don't wanna see Ben go and I don't wanna see this team lose ever but if that is what happens then I will still be a huge Steeler Fan through and through!!!

Some very heady stuff here, AS! And ALL of it is true! :Cheers

I got a take of my own, but I'll go off on my own trail, so to speak... stay tuned.

calmkiller
04-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Chem posted here for a while as well but I guess he like another board more. His post count here is sitting at 64. I trust him. If he said it then its usually true.

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Just to caution those of you who prefer your language in PG or family-friendly mode, this post won't even come close to that. So, if you are offended by that, I appreciate your stance. But my take here will take some liberties with some very colorful language, albeit edited. But the spirit will be the same. You've been cautioned.

I'll get this shot off right off the top... Benjamin is a f***. No need to sugar coat it, because that what he is.

He has made a fool out of the entire Steeler Universe. That's especially true in places where Steeler Fan is in enemy territory, like myself. This f***ing pile of dog-dirt has disgraced THE Pittsburgh Steelers. That includes the organization, his teammates, everyone formally affiliated with the club, all the team's sponsors, all the teams supporters... wherever they are and no matter what age. Benjamin Roethlisberger has put the ENTIRE Steeler Universe on the spot with his actions.

I don't know about you, but this guy has f***ed up so many times that his ability to take even simple decisions must be called into question. It is now obvious that he is not only not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he needs an entirely new g*dd*m blade.

This dumb f*** is halfway through a contract that will pay him US$102M. Let's just say... he's rich. I'm just guessing. The old saying goes that money might not buy you happiness, but you can buy your way into all kinds of misery. So, Benjamin, how's that worked out for ya, pal? I'm sure Benjamin must be f***ing elated that most of his fans know that he's an @$$hat!

BTW, in case any of you have stuck around, Benjamin OWES ME... PERSONALLY a Super Bowl Championship. This f***ing year! Right f***ing now! Nothing less will do, playa! So, don't think for a moment that this numb nut gets a pass because he had a late start to the season. He'd better be good to go right off the first snap and not look back.

And Playa Boy better not think he has ANY say in what he wants in this organization. Benjamin better just settle on cashing the paycheck, suiting up, going in, keeping his mouth f***ing shut and his g*dd*m unit in his Levi's. Oh yeah, almost forgot, he'd better f***ing win... every g*dd*m week.

This is what gets said to people in Benjamin's position when they don't have their s#!+ together. If he wants p*$$y, he gets a personality transplant and hooks up with his future wife. It may not make him happy. But it will do wonders in rehabilitating his currently worthless public image. And, no, 20 year old strange DOES NOT COUNT!

And all the goodwill he's earned for himself with helping the police in various cities? OUT THE WINDOW, CHUMP! Yeah, keep doing it. Not a bad cause. But his affinity for drunkenly hitting on college chicks dumped all that work for the boys with the badge into the crapper. WTG, Benny Boy!

He got 6 games, or something like that. FABULOUS! Shoulda been more. Sometimes stupidity comes with rather meager penance. And people like me keep hearing it from @$$hat Clowns fans still way too high over a victory to a team on a 4 game losing bender. And I hafta sit there and take it... because I know they're right. That's the position this Waste of Space has put me in, personally.

Thanx a whole f***ing bunch, @$$-for-brains Roethlisberger. Perhaps he'll wonder why his relationship with the entire Steeler Universe and his perception by fans and foes alike will never be the same!

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Just to caution those of you who prefer your language in PG or family-friendly mode, this post won't even come close to that. So, if you are offended by that, I appreciate your stance. But my take here will take some liberties with some very colorful language, albeit edited. But the spirit will be the same. You've been cautioned.

I'll get this shot off right off the top... Benjamin is a f***. No need to sugar coat it, because that what he is.

He has made a fool out of the entire Steeler Universe. That's especially true in places where Steeler Fan is in enemy territory, like myself. This f***ing pile of dog-dirt has disgraced THE Pittsburgh Steelers. That includes the organization, his teammates, everyone formally affiliated with the club, all the team's sponsors, all the teams supporters... wherever they are and no matter what age. Benjamin Roethlisberger has put the ENTIRE Steeler Universe on the spot with his actions.

I don't know about you, but this guy has f***ed up so many times that his ability to take even simple decisions must be called into question. It is now obvious that he is not only not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he needs an entirely new g*dd*m blade.

This dumb f*** is halfway through a contract that will pay him US$102M. Let's just say... he's rich. I'm just guessing. The old saying goes that money might not buy you happiness, but you can buy your way into all kinds of misery. So, Benjamin, how's that worked out for ya, pal? I'm sure Benjamin must be f***ing elated that most of his fans know that he's an @$$hat!

BTW, in case any of you have stuck around, Benjamin OWES ME... PERSONALLY a Super Bowl Championship. This f***ing year! Right f***ing now! Nothing less will do, playa! So, don't think for a moment that this numb nut gets a pass because he had a late start to the season. He'd better be good to go right off the first snap and not look back.

And Playa Boy better not think he has ANY say in what he wants in this organization. Benjamin better just settle on cashing the paycheck, suiting up, going in, keeping his mouth f***ing shut and his g*dd*m unit in his Levi's. Oh yeah, almost forgot, he'd better f***ing win... every g*dd*m week.

This is what gets said to people in Benjamin's position when they don't have their s#!+ together. If he wants p*$$y, he gets a personality transplant and hooks up with his future wife. It may not make him happy. But it will do wonders in rehabilitating his currently worthless public image. And, no, 20 year old strange DOES NOT COUNT!

And all the goodwill he's earned for himself with helping the police in various cities? OUT THE WINDOW, CHUMP! Yeah, keep doing it. Not a bad cause. But his affinity for drunkenly hitting on college chicks dumped all that work for the boys with the badge into the crapper. WTG, Benny Boy!

He got 6 games, or something like that. FABULOUS! Shoulda been more. Sometimes stupidity comes with rather meager penance. And people like me keep hearing it from @$$hat Clowns fans still way too high over a victory to a team on a 4 game losing bender. And I hafta sit there and take it... because I know they're right. That's the position this Waste of Space has put me in, personally.

Thanx a whole f***ing bunch, @$$-for-brains Roethlisberger. Perhaps he'll wonder why his relationship with the entire Steeler Universe and his perception by fans and foes alike will never be the same!

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap
:Cheers

Couldn't have been said better by my boy Hoppy!!!! Bravo!!!

cruzer8
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM

Seek help.

Soon.

papillon
04-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Buckeye, that is an epic rant and that's all I have to say about that. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

ANPSTEEL
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Couldn't have been said better by my boy Hoppy!!!! Bravo!!!

I just had a flip out on another board - over the same issue.

I've been a fan for a long effing time.

sat through games during the crappy eighties- etc...

My allegiance is to the team- not the dbag wearing #7.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Hoppy - That was a pretty personal rant. I find it hard to believe that he has hurt you this bad on a personal level. We all have different opinions on Ben, his punishment, and his value to the team. But I think that was a bit over the top, and his nothing to do with your language. I am a bit surprised by the amount of borderline hatred that is being spewed towards Ben. I am disappointed, but in no way to I feel like he has done anything to me on a personal level. Be careful for what you wish people, you just might regret it. There is a lot of speculation going on here regarding Ben's extra-curricular activities. Does he apparently have an issue of acting like a douchebag in public? I kind of looks that way. Has he embarrassed the Steelers organization? Yes. But I think some of this has gotten out of hand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine.

cruzer8
04-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Hoppy - That was a pretty personal rant. I find it hard to believe that he has hurt you this bad on a personal level. We all have different opinions on Ben, his punishment, and his value to the team. But I think that was a bit over the top, and his nothing to do with your language. I am a bit surprised by the amount of borderline hatred that is being spewed towards Ben. I am disappointed, but in no way to I fell like he has done anything to me on a personal level. Be careful for what you wish people, you just might regret it. There is a lot of speculation going on here regarding Ben's extra-curricular activities. Does he apparently have an issue of acting like a douchebag in public? I kind of looks that way. Has he embarrassed the Steelers organization? Yes. But I think some of this has gotten out of hand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine.

That rant is downright stupid is what it is. I've read a lot of dumb things on this thread. That rant ranks right up there.

He could have made it a lot shorter. All he had to say is, "Wahhhhhhhhhhhh........Browns fans are teasing me!"

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Hoppy - That was a pretty personal rant. I find it hard to believe that he has hurt you this bad on a personal level. We all have different opinions on Ben, his punishment, and his value to the team. But I think that was a bit over the top, and his nothing to do with your language. I am a bit surprised by the amount of borderline hatred that is being spewed towards Ben. I am disappointed, but in no way to I feel like he has done anything to me on a personal level. Be careful for what you wish people, you just might regret it. There is a lot of speculation going on here regarding Ben's extra-curricular activities. Does he apparently have an issue of acting like a douchebag in public? I kind of looks that way. Has he embarrassed the Steelers organization? Yes. But I think some of this has gotten out of hand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine.

I can get with what you're saying, NW. We probably disagree to a certain magnitude on this issue. But that's because we deal with it a little differently.

FTR, Benjamin needs fundamental change in his personal life. That can't be hatred. But what if it is perceived that way? Whether it's pointed hate or tough love or however you want to couch it, #7 needs to get it together... fast.

And how about his family? The people of Findlay, Ohio where he grew up? How does everybody suppose they feel? These are good people who don't deserve to have their favorite son called out because he can't conduct himself appropriately. That's the real shame in all of this. Not just because he hurt his fans. His fans will come and go. But he will always have his family and hometown in common. These are the people who REALLY don't deserve to be put on the spot.

I hope that clarifies it a little. I appreciate your POV, NW!

buckeyehoppy
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
That rant is downright stupid is what it is. I've read a lot of dumb things on this thread. That rant ranks right up there.

He could have made it a lot shorter. All he had to say is, "Wahhhhhhhhhhhh........Browns fans are teasing me!"

It's opinion. Got a problem with it? Hit the foe button and I go away when you log in. Not difficult.

BTW, if you had read what I said, I was in AGREEMENT with Clowns fan. They are as right as I am on this issue. Doesn't happen a lot. But it does happen. Perhaps you have a problem with them? I don't, with the exception of the very small minority who think they can do no wrong. Those fans are known as HOOLIGANS. And hooliganism is not acceptable no matter who you are a fan of.

I am a FAN of THE Pittsburgh Steelers. I can take liberties with a team name, but I do not HATE the other team. Clowns fans, a disturbingly large group of them, HATE other teams. Maybe that's why their karma sucks. And it permeates the town. That's reality. There is a palpable difference in the way an average fan in Pittsburgh perceives their teams and the way the average fan in Cleveland perceives theirs. I know. I've seen both in action.

That's where I'm at.

D Rock
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I love when people try to use his canine police unit thing as a sign that he's a good guy. Not that anyone did, this is just a general thought I had.

He's buys things for police officers. He doesn't actually put in the time with anyone, he just throws money around for a good cause. Hey...apparently it works cause it sure helps him not get charged with any crimes!

buckeyehoppy
04-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I just had a flip out on another board - over the same issue.

I've been a fan for a long effing time.

sat through games during the crappy eighties- etc...

My allegiance is to the team- not the dbag wearing #7.

And that's the bottom line, ANP. Those who wear the uniform come and go. But the team remains the same and so does the value to the community.

And :Cheers back atcha, my brotha!

Djfan
04-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I can get with what you're saying, NW. We probably disagree to a certain magnitude on this issue. But that's because we deal with it a little differently.

FTR, Benjamin needs fundamental change in his personal life. That can't be hatred. But what if it is perceived that way? Whether it's pointed hate or tough love or however you want to couch it, #7 needs to get it together... fast.

And how about his family? The people of Findlay, Ohio where he grew up? How does everybody suppose they feel? These are good people who don't deserve to have their favorite son called out because he can't conduct himself appropriately. That's the real shame in all of this. Not just because he hurt his fans. His fans will come and go. But he will always have his family and hometown in common. These are the people who REALLY don't deserve to be put on the spot.

I hope that clarifies it a little. I appreciate your POV, NW!

I can get into this, but that first rant was off the edge for me, content wise.

He doesn't owe any of us an apology. No charges means that we have no right to assume on either side.

We are paying the price as fans. That should not be.

buckeyehoppy
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
I love when people try to use his canine police unit thing as a sign that he's a good guy. Not that anyone did, this is just a general thought I had.

He's buys things for police officers. He doesn't actually put in the time with anyone, he just throws money around for a good cause. Hey...apparently it works cause it sure helps him not get charged with any crimes!

You sound cynical, D. But I see the point clearly. I'm not up on whether he's actually put in work with the police, so I get to defer to you.

buckeyehoppy
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
I can get into this, but that first rant was off the edge for me, content wise.

He doesn't owe any of us an apology. No charges means that we have no right to assume on either side.

We are paying the price as fans. That should not be.

I appreciate that, DJ. I knew when I put up the post that it was going to :stirpot with a canoe oar. But, as Marvin Lewis likes to say... "It is what it is".

I never insinuated that he needed to apologize to anyone for his actions. FTR, he got off (pardon the pun) on the charge. That prolly also doesn't hurt him in his civil suit in Nevada, but we shall see.

OTOH, why is he getting a 6 game suspension if what I said in the last paragraph is the case? Would it be because he is a major public face representing a major sporting league that just so happens to have several supporters? I GUESS SO.

That's what happens when you are a public figure, held up to unreasonably high esteem by an unreasonable number of people. It doesn't matter what the letter of the law is in this case. The Court of Public Opinion is unduly harsh, but no less accurate when it comes to justice, most of the time.

Djfan
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
Has Rooney handed this down, fine. We could say how our team upholds a higher standard than the Cheaters hold theirs to.

As it was Dumb Goodell did. AND, it's the same one, ONLY WORSE, than the Cheater got?!?!?

ARE YOU F' KIDDING ME?!?!? On the accusation of a very drunk, underaged girl who changed her story three times, and a wacko who changed her story in Reno over the course of a year, or a phantom accuser known only to a lawyer who just piled on?

That is not justice, or a message sent, or helping Ben IMO. Fine his $104 million dollar butt, but don't take my team out of the playoffs, and reconfirm the light treatment of the cheaters all over again.

buckeyehoppy
04-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Has Rooney handed this down, fine. We could say how our team upholds a higher standard than the Cheaters hold theirs to.

As it was Dumb Goodell did. AND, it's the same one, ONLY WORSE, than the Cheater got?!?!?

ARE YOU F' KIDDING ME?!?!? On the accusation of a very drunk, underaged girl who changed her story three times, and a wacko who changed her story in Reno over the course of a year, or a phantom accuser known only to a lawyer who just piled on?

That is not justice, or a message sent, or helping Ben IMO. Fine his $104 million dollar butt, but don't take my team out of the playoffs, and reconfirm the light treatment of the cheaters all over again.

Perhaps this is a new era of uniform justice from the Commissioner's Office. I can hold my breath. If not, I have the Commissioner's Office Phone # on speed dial... and I'll share it here if Good Ol' Rog can't drop the hammer uniformly in the future.

FWIW, Dj, I will try and take the high road with our chances early on. I refuse to give up on our chances, especially before the draft. It's the least I can do.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
The Seahawks offering their two first round picks this year and their 1st next year which we can package to get an actual franchise QB ? Stop playing,....... :stirpot

JTP53609
04-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I dont get how some would turn their back on the Steelers if they get rid of Ben, I support them either way, but I understand why people want him gone, he seems to be a douchwad off the field and alot of people find it hard to cheer for someone who is a jerk. I know that every team has roster full of jerks but the face of the franchise is a horse of another color. :2c