PDA

View Full Version : What if Dixon Goes 4-0?

flippy
04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

Will Tomlin stick with him?

I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks :(

Snatch98
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Wonder what will happen if Dennis Dixon goes 4-0 to start the season?

Will Tomlin stick with him?

I get this impression that Pittsburgh hates Ben now. I've never had a sour taste like this leading up to the draft.

This is supposed to be the most exciting time of the year. But it sucks :(

It does suck and if Dixon goes 4-0 I think he's rewarded for going 4-0. Tough situation tho because you certainly don't want to keep the franchise waiting in the wings but you also don't want to hinder development or confidence with Dixon. Tough, tough situation and I agree about the sour taste. I'm always pumped for the draft and this sours it all.

phillyesq
04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
What if I could sh1t bricks of gold?

I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening. In the Ravens game, Dixon was very protected. Late in the game, when he had to pass, the Ravens played a very simple cover 2 defense, and he didn't know what to do with it. Dixon may develop someday, and he could be useful as a backup or in special packages, but I'd be shocked if he could come in and be a successful starter this season.

Yeah, but how many thought Ben could do it in 2004? There is always a chance.

Jigawatts
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Assuming the Rooneys have already made the decision to not trade Ben, I don't think
he'll be standing on the sideline after a 4-0 start by Dixon/Leftwich.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Won't happen. We will be lucky to be 2-2.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.

skyhawk
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Steelers won't go 4-0 with Dixon.

It's hard enough for them to go 4-0 with Ben. They just aren't that good without his improvisational skills folks!! :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

ANPSTEEL
04-21-2010, 04:06 PM
All I know is we need to institute the wildcat this season with Dixon at the helm.

Denis Dixon would never hold up to the punishment of running a wild cat O.

If anything you'd run a spread option O with him as Oregon did - and the Steelers with Kordell.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Dixon has to beat out Leftwich first, in my opinion Lefty is the starter on Opening Day.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
If Dixon goes 4-0, then it will increase Dixon's trade value after the season. :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
First off, no matter what Dixon does, Ben will be the starter in the 5th game, assuming he gets the 6 reduced to 4. Secondly, Dixon going 4-0 is a problem you WANT to have. Thirdly, as Ruthless pointed out, his trade value goes up immensely at the end of the season.

Rumor has it that Al Davis is enamored of speed. ;) Maybe we can get Darth Al to give us a 2nd and another productive player for Dixon. That would totally kick @$$.

pittpete
04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
If Dixon goes 4-0 then we have a great shot at making the playoffs.
Do you have any other questions?