PDA

View Full Version : Check out this list I just found!

D Rock
04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Quarterbacks not named Ben Roethlisberger that have won a Super Bowl:

Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - SB I and II
Joe Namath, New York Jets - SBIII
Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs - SB IV
Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts - SB V
Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB VI
Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - SB VII and VIII
Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB IX, X, XIII, and XIV
Ken Stabler, Oakland Raiders - SB XI
Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - SB XII
Jim Plunkett, Oakland Raiders - SB XV
Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XVI, XIX, XXIII, and XXIV
Joe Theismann, Washington Redskins - SB XVII
Jim Plunkett, Los Angeles Raiders - SB XVIII
Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears - SB XX
Phil Simms, New York Giants - SB XXI
Doug Williams, Washington Redskins - SB XXII
Jeff Hostetler, New York Giants - SB XXV
Mark Rypien, Washington Redskins - SB XXVI
Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX
Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIX
Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers - SB XXXI
John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXII and XXXIII
Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams - SB XXXIV
Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens - SB XXXV
Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX
Brad Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - SB XXXVII
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts - SB XLI
Eli Manning, New York Giants - SB XLII
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints - SB XLIV

Now I'm not too familiar with the pre-1990's players, but I know that this list has plenty of guys on it that have won Super Bowls and not all of them have been as good as Ben.

Dilfer and Johnson?

The ship won't sink if Ben's gone. Might not ride as smooth in the water, but it won't sink either.

RussBII
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Hrmm QBs not named Roethlisberger who have won multiple SBs:

Starr
Bradshaw
Montana
Aikman
Elway
Brady

Much more exclusive club...

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 03:17 PM
2 of those 29 names were journeymen. The rest were franchise types. Without a franchise QB, the odds are greatly stacked against us. Just ask Bill Cowher.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:17 PM
You be smokin the rock D. With Ben the Steelers are Super Bowl caliber. Without Ben, we will be begging for a wild card...maybe.

hawaiiansteel
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
You be smokin the rock D. With Ben the Steelers are Super Bowl caliber. Without Ben, we will be begging for a wild card...maybe.

without Ben, the Steelers will be drafting earlier next year than we are this year... :(

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Meanwhile, the Falcons, the Jets, the Ravens all turned their franchises around by getting a QB.

Bot the Jets and Ravens went to the AFC Championship with their new QB in year one (Steelers as well).

And by the way, we finally got over the hump and 2 Super Bowl championships with ours.

RussBII
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Well that's not 100% accurate either. I mean who knows how the draft/trade will shake down. Maybe Dixon's better than we thought?

D-Rock's post does make one point. Roethlisberger isn't the only good QB out there.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
There will be other quarterbacks, and some of them will win Superbowls.

I think the guy's a turd. He's a great player and he wins, but I don't like rooting for turds.
And I do like rooting for the Steelers. Therefore, I would not mind if Ben Roethlisberger were not a Steeler.

Whether or not they win the Super Bowl every year will not affect my life. Knowing that I'm cheering for a guy who I think is not a good person will bug me.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 03:24 PM

I think the guy's a turd. He's a great player and he wins, but I don't like rooting for turds.
And I do like rooting for the Steelers. Therefore, I would not mind if Ben Roethlisberger were not a Steeler.

Whether or not they win the Super Bowl every year will not affect my life. Knowing that I'm cheering for a guy who I think is not a good person will bug me.

$$$$$ :Agree

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 03:24 PM
This board is starting to go:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-93551240874212_2098_475940

:lol:

phillyesq
04-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Here is the list of names that scares the hell out of me:

Tommy Maddox
Kent Graham
Kordell
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Neil O'Donnel
Bubby

I can't stomach the thought of going back to that slop.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I will be glad when tomorrow is over and everyone is bitching about who we took in the first round instead of talking about whether or not we should trade Ben!

SteelCrazy
04-21-2010, 03:28 PM
STUPID!!!! Just plain STUPID! If we do not Ben we will not be going to any Super Bowls, NONE! Unless we get a top pick in the draft, take a QB, said QB is NFL ready, He goes 14-0 during the regular season, we make it to the AFCC game, and in his 2nd year we are once again hoisting a Lombardi........Yeah, that story is repeated all the time in the NFL.......If I had a nickel for every time that happened, I'D HAVE A NICKEL!!!!

ghettoscott
04-21-2010, 03:36 PM

:Agree :wft

flippy
04-21-2010, 03:38 PM

I know I am.

snarky
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Tommy Maddox
Kent Graham
Kordell
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Neil O'Donnel
Bubby

I agree. I would rather the Steelers (if they feel the need to do something drastic) tell Ben to just take a year off. Serve the suspension and then keep him on the roster but sit him. If there is anything serious (alcoholism, mysoginy) coming out of this behavioral evaluation, he can focus on that and meanwhile this whole thing has some time to just die down.

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I will be glad when tomorrow is over and everyone is bitching about who we took in the first round instead of talking about whether or not we should trade Ben!

Yeah but what happens when Friday comes and we trade Ben for a 2nd round pick?

I'd grenade myself.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Well that's not 100% accurate either. I mean who knows how the draft/trade will shake down. Maybe Dixon's better than we thought?

D-Rock's post does make one point. Roethlisberger isn't the only good QB out there.

Ugh...it's this lack of insight that is so frustrating. Ben is about as good as they get...at the most important position by far on your football team. Lets say Dixon isn't that bad...and honestly I don't think he will be that bad...just not great. Teams will key in on Mendenhall and our pathetic OL. Our D is aging, our secondary is average at best. Ben and Holmes were two of our biggest highlights on an otherwise average team.

We might not be bottom feeders but we will not be competitive. If anyone believes otherwise they are deceiving themselves.

RKSteel
04-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I only go:

This board is starting to go: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-93551240874212_2098_475940

for Coco Puffs.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM

Ugh...it's this lack of insight that is so frustrating. Ben is about as good as they get...at the most important position by far on your football team. Lets say Dixon isn't that bad...and honestly I don't think he will be that bad...just not great. Teams will key in on Mendenhall and our pathetic OL. Our D is aging, our secondary is average at best. Ben and Holmes were two of our biggest highlights on an otherwise average team.

We might not be bottom feeders but we will not be competitive. If anyone believes otherwise they are deceiving themselves.

We might be average next year, but I remember correctly we were average last year and didn't make the playoffs. Did Ben not play for us last year?

aggiebones
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
We'll be gone from the Super Bowl at least 20 years if we trade Ben.

snarky
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
We'll be gone from the Super Bowl at least 20 years if we trade Ben.

So you're saying that no matter what we won't be in the Super Bowl from about 2020 through 2030 since Ben will likely be done in about a decade.

Shawn
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM

We might be average next year, but I remember correctly we were average last year and didn't make the playoffs. Did Ben not play for us last year?

Yeah...and what is scarey is Ben had his statistically best season. Which means the rest of our team sucks that bad.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Yeah...and what is scarey is Ben had his statistically best season. Which means the rest of our team sucks that bad.

Or maybe everything doesn't rely solely on Ben.

ikestops85
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Tommy Maddox
Kent Graham
Kordell
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Neil O'Donnel
Bubby

and less you forget ...

Cliff Stoudt
Mark Malone
and last (and probably least) David Woodley

Gawd that was painful just typing those names ... the nightmares :shock:

ramblinjim
04-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Tommy Maddox
Kent Graham
Kordell
Mike Tomczak
Jim Miller
Neil O'Donnel
Bubby

and less you forget ...

Cliff Stoudt
Mark Malone
and last (and probably least) David Woodley

Gawd that was painful just typing those names ... the nightmares :shock:

I remember thinking to myself, "well we have a chance because Graham is starting...." oooof... Or "you know that Mike Tomczak isn't so bad...." -- Those were rough years.

NJ-STEELER
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
60-26 with ben

4-4 without ben starting

since he took over at QB.

sd steel
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
60-26 with ben

4-4 without ben starting

Yes he has a great record as a Starter, But I think Leftwich is 1-0, and believe it or not all 60 wins were not won singlehandedly by Ben.

Leper Friend
04-21-2010, 06:34 PM

Whether or not they win the Super Bowl every year will not affect my life. Knowing that I'm cheering for a guy who I think is not a good person will bug me.I cheer for the Steelers because they were my team as a kid .

I'm now a grown up. I don't pretend to know the personality of every guy on this team.

If you don't like to cheer for "turds" as you put it , then move on already , because they have many more than just Ben. It's just not all public.

Since we are all being so judgemental , I guess James Harrison , Jeff Reed and Charlie Batch are all "turds" right ?

I can't even grasp the idea that an adult thinks they know a guy because they watch them play football . I guess everybody will be happy when we're 6-10 every year but we have a bunch of below average , unathletic choir boys.

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3lm02527]60-26 with ben

4-4 without ben starting

Yes he has a great record as a Starter, But I think Leftwich is 1-0, and believe it or not all 60 wins were not won singlehandedly by Ben.[/quote:3lm02527]

You are right. But the TWO MOST IMPORTANT WINS don't exist without him.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 08:11 PM

Whether or not they win the Super Bowl every year will not affect my life. Knowing that I'm cheering for a guy who I think is not a good person will bug me.I cheer for the Steelers because they were my team as a kid .

I'm now a grown up. I don't pretend to know the personality of every guy on this team.

If you don't like to cheer for "turds" as you put it , then move on already , because they have many more than just Ben. It's just not all public.

Since we are all being so judgemental , I guess James Harrison , Jeff Reed and Charlie Batch are all "turds" right ?

I can't even grasp the idea that an adult thinks they know a guy because they watch them play football . I guess everybody will be happy when we're 6-10 every year but we have a bunch of below average , unathletic choir boys.

No I form my opinions based on the fact that I live in the area and there are way too many stories about how big of a dick he is when out in public.

isonator07
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I live in Ohio, and on a local radio station a chic called in that went to school high school with Ben. She was smashing him pretty bad, saying how he was a "turd" in other words when he was in school.

One of my buddies is dating a girl that also went to school with Ben and she says the same thing. I guess it could be alot of haters, but my buddies girlfriend doesnt seem like the type to sling mud so it makes me wonder.

I guess my stance is if Ben is gonna be a turd and win I can deal with it. But if he's gonna be a turd that will continue to make poor choices that lead to suspension maybe its time to look for another qb.

Franchise qb's dont come around often. But franchise qbs can't win games when they aren't playing.

Leper Friend
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
[quote="D Rock":soly2amx]There will be other quarterbacks, and some of them will win Superbowls.

No I form my opinions based on the fact that I live in the area and there are way too many stories about how big of a dick he is when out in public.[/quote:soly2amx]I'm sure he is a d1ck. Who cares ? So is probably half the other guys. To insinuate that you only cheer for "good" guys is absurd. YOU DONT KNOW ANY OF THEM.They play a sport that we enjoy watching. That's all.

If you can't really watch Ben anymore , than you must assume the other 52 guys are all model citizens ,right ?

fezziwig
04-21-2010, 08:58 PM
No Ben = No Super Bowls. It's that simple.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 11:56 PM
The other guys might be bad guys too, but they aren't out there repeatedly trying to take advantage of women. Chasing after girls so drunk that they told them they shouldn't be in the VIP only to then buy them shots and take them into a bathroom.

Walking up to women with their junk out and feeling so entitled that they think they can simply say 'do whatever you want to do' and any woman will gladly give him a knobber.

James Harrison hit a woman. I'm not a huge fan of his.

Sure I like when these guys are successful on the field because it helps the team win, but in Ben's repeated offenses situation I'd rather see him gone.

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Hrmm QBs not named Roethlisberger who have won multiple SBs:

Starr
Bradshaw
Montana
Aikman
Elway
Brady

Much more exclusive club...

Good point. I believe Plunkett is on the list also. He is the ONLY QB to win 2 or more SBs and not make it into the HOF. But I think Staubach is also on the list.

SteelAbility
04-22-2010, 08:10 AM
D Rock, you're nuts man. Ben has won 2 SBs in six seasons. The two times we missed the playoffs, I think it's safe to say Ben played more than well enough to get in. We lost two defensive mainstays last year and even with that were a Burnett brain-fart away from making the playoffs.

Noone wanted to face Ben in the playoffs. The reason is that he takes a whole pile of valid defensive coaching work and philosophy and cancels it out because he is the best QB in the game at making big plays when the recipe and the formula break down, which is where playoff Ds excel. He's a nightmare, come playoff time, for opposing D coordinators ...

26.5 ppg, never scored under 21, 27/29 points in his losses

D Rock
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I know he's a great player. But I don't like him as a person and don't want him to have success in life.

Because I would like to see him not do well, I would like to see him not be a Steeler anymore.

I think this is a very simple stance I take that a lot of you cloud with how good of a player he is.

Leper Friend
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
I know he's a great player. But I don't like him as a person and don't want him to have success in life.

Because I would like to see him not do well, I would like to see him not be a Steeler anymore.

I think this is a very simple stance I take that a lot of you cloud with how good of a player he is.It's a simple stance that's completely unrealistic.You want the franchise QB gone because he had sex with a groupie.There is plenty of other guys who have done th same thing. Big friggin deal.Every pro athlete has a sense of entitlement when they are out in clubs. Get over it.

ikestops85
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Amen brother.