PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Extend Byron

Jooser
04-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Steelers extend Byron Leftwich's contract
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 2:14 PM ET
The Steelers wasted no time extending their Ben Roethlisberger insurance policy.

Byron Leftwich's contract was extended through 2011 Wednesday, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Leftwich's old deal originally ended in 2010.

This move is yet another sign the Steelers are preparing for life without Roethlisberger. (We're not saying he will be traded, but the Steelers are covering their bases.) Leftwich is clearly comfortable in Pittsburgh, and knows that starting jobs aren't awaiting him elsewhere.

Leftwich is expected to compete with Dennis Dixon to start during Roethlisberger's suspension.

snarky
04-21-2010, 02:28 PM
So it's looking like this situation with Ben has indirectly forced Batch out the door. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing -- he has been great but it is time to move on at the back-up position.

SteelCrazy
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
So it's looking like this situation with Ben has indirectly forced Batch out the door. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing -- he has been great but it is time to move on at the back-up position.

I think this has more to do with Ben then it does Charlie.

If they pull the trigger on trading Ben, I will be very upset...

papillon
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I am not liking the overall karma surrounding this and the events external to Ben's suspension. Too many of these events are pointing towards a trade of some sort tomorrow evening. I hope I am not Nostradomus; however, Ben has been Nostradumbass! :evil:

Pappy

NW Steeler
04-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I hope I am not Nostradomus; however, Ben has been Nostradumbass! :evil:

Pappy

:Clap