PDA

View Full Version : 6 games for delinquency of a minor

aggiebones
04-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Per Goodell,

"The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime' as, for example, where the conduct 'imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person'," Goodell wrote. "As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

What a deekhead Goodell is. Geez, people in a bar are drinking. Ooooo, there's a reason to lay hard on a dude. Somehow Goodell became king and he needs to be dethrowned quickly. Feck this, BS.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
"irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated"

Is he talking about those underage fans that go to games?

hypocrites.

feltdizz
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
The guy said Ben put students at risk... STUDENTS.

Grow the **** up and stop putting yourself in positions where chicks can screw you over because you want to screw.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
So, if you ever go to buy a girl a drink in a bar you better card her first even though it isn't your bar.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
:Agree

Jooser
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
So, if you ever go to buy a girl a drink in a bar you better card her first even though it isn't your bar.

The answer is YES if you're a professional football player in the NFL. :wink:

From all the reports popping up now though, I'd say he's a goner by tomorrow's draft.

papillon
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Per Goodell,

"The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime' as, for example, where the conduct 'imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person'," Goodell wrote. "As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

What a deekhead Goodell is. Geez, people in a bar are drinking. Ooooo, there's a reason to lay hard on a dude. Somehow Goodell became king and he needs to be dethrowned quickly. Feck this, BS.

This statement is as weak as the one Ben gave after learning that he wasn't being charged with any crime. The only person he is responsible for in this case is himself and he's over the age of 21. The bar is at risk for allowing underage students to be served alcohol; it's the bar's responsibility to ensure that if 10 shots are bought that all 10 are going to people of age to drink them and it's not the responsibility of the patrons.

That being said, Ben still needs to grow up and conduct his affairs more maturely.

Pappy

feltdizz
04-21-2010, 02:33 PM

if the bar is 18 and up and you already have a rape accusation against you.. hell, even if you don't have an accusation against you.

If you are worth 100 million dollars you shouldn't be at an 18 and up bar unless you are some kid genius who started a dot.com.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Why not? He's only 28 and probably didn't have the luxury of partying like this when he was at Miami of Oh.

If he were Favre-- now that would be just......

feltdizz
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Per Goodell,

This statement is as weak as the one Ben gave after learning that he wasn't being charged with any crime. The only person he is responsible for in this case is himself and he's over the age of 21. The bar is at risk for allowing underage students to be served alcohol; it's the bar's responsibility to ensure that if 10 shots are bought that all 10 are going to people of age to drink them and it's not the responsibility of the patrons.

That being said, Ben still needs to grow up and conduct his affairs more maturely.

Pappy

I disagree... if you go to an 18 and up college bar and are worth 100 mill it's your responsibility. It's always your responsibility to protect yourself and going to bars where 18 years olds can roam freely is a recipe for disaster.

I could see if Ben was 22 or a rookie but he is 28. Step your game up and spend a little money...

feltdizz
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Why not? He's only 28 and probably didn't have the luxury of partying like this when he was at Miami of Oh.

If he were Favre-- now that would be just......

why not? Because he is worth 100 million and already has a rape accusation.

When you have that much to lose you have to frequent places where you aren't the whale in the fish tank.

papillon
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Per Goodell,

Pappy

I disagree... if you go to an 18 and up college bar and are worth 100 mill it's your responsibility. It's always your responsibility to protect yourself and going to bars where 18 years olds can roam freely is a recipe for disaster.

I could see if Ben was 22 or a rookie but he is 28. Step your game up and spend a little money...

I agree it's always you r responsibility to act responsibly; that being said, he had bodyguards, friends and designated drink buyers to ensure that nothing happened and it still did happen.

The mistake was being in the bar (as you stated); he's wealthy enough to frequent upscale night clubs with real VIP areas, not some back woods dive using a curtain to cordon off the VIP area.

He's paying dearly for his indiscretion, as a fan, I hope I don't have to pay for his stupidity as well. I want the Steelers to give him his one and only do-over.

Pappy

brothervad
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Those of you who think it's a fair punishment...shame on you!

I mean it's all about TD's and SuperBowls.

:evil:

brothervad

JAR
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM

I guess instead of wearing DTF stickers, they should have been wearing stickers with their ages.

NWNewell
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM

I don't believe that is completely accurate... though the bar is responsible as well.

D Rock
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
They wear DTF stickers...he writes PFJ on his shoes.

The two don't mix, and he shouldn't be out making them mix. He's an idiot.

aggiebones
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Sorry, the bar has 100% responsibility for minors drinking in their club. Period.

And he wasn't sneaking drinks to them. He was buying rounds of shots for the whole group and the bar knew he wasn't drinking them all. He was dumb, the bar is culpable.
They do know the girl was caught sneaking in with a fake ID, so why was she allowed back in. She gets plowed every weekend and its Ben's fault the one day he is near her.
Horse poop.

Te girl is a dumb slut and the bar was negligent. Bar was an innocent boob with his willy hanging out :)

All in all, Ben gets fined $3Million when the people more in fault for THIS problem was the bar and the ho herself.

flippy
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Flippy's interpretation of the new NFL Rule: Only buy shots/drinks for a guy/gal that looks well over 84. (In case they were born on leap year). Anything else is suspendable.

Wonder if players that own bars should be suspended too? I'm sure someone underage snuck in Hines' bar once.

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 03:46 PM

That would be a judgement call. Personally, if I had $102M contract I sure would be thinking about that before I risked losing my career for some laughs and a piece of tail. Most rational people would.

JAR
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
So that's three people that make the decision, conclude Ben did not commit rape or assault, can those fans please put it to rest now?

"We did conduct our own investigation, as well as had access to information that was gathered in the league investigation. So we felt like we had all the information we needed in order to have this decision made. And I would say that our first point of view on it was that we wanted to make sure that Ben was not involved in the crime in that he was accused of. Certainly if that was the case it would have been a different situation."

Mel Blount's G
04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Sure does not seem consistent with suspensions handed out to players who actually committed a crime. I've been critical of Goodell for years now.

I've been away most of the winter from the board. I think I'm glad the Steelers ownership is ridding the team of undesirables. Yes, I'll hate to see them be successful for other teams but at least the team I love and cheer for has some principles and backs them up

NJ-STEELER
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
you can see that some haven't read any of the reports of the investigation

a few people said they went to millageville cause someone in his gated communtiy /someone in town suggested it. and thats where they would find people "around the same age"

BURGH86STEEL
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Per Goodell,

Pappy

I agree it's always you r responsibility to act responsibly; that being said, he had bodyguards, friends and designated drink buyers to ensure that nothing happened and it still did happen.

The mistake was being in the bar (as you stated); he's wealthy enough to frequent upscale night clubs with real VIP areas, not some back woods dive using a curtain to cordon off the VIP area.

He's paying dearly for his indiscretion, as a fan, I hope I don't have to pay for his stupidity as well. I want the Steelers to give him his one and only do-over.

Pappy

Did he have body guards or did he have enablers? Someone in that group should had stepped up and gave Ben some sound advice. Someone could had for all we know. Maybe Ben was just to stubborn to take that advice?

The organization is in a difficult position with Ben. Is so stubborn that he won't take advice from anyone? It might be best to trade him if he refuses sound advice from people that have their and his best interests at heart.

papillon
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Sure does not seem consistent with suspensions handed out to players who actually committed a crime. I've been critical of Goodell for years now.

I've been away most of the winter from the board. I think I'm glad the Steelers ownership is ridding the team of undesirables. Yes, I'll hate to see them be successful for other teams but at least the team I love and cheer for has some principles and backs them up

I don't think so:

Ernie Holmes - shot at a helicopter
James Harrison - basically choke slammed his child's mother
Spaeth - p1sses in public
Reed - multiple issues, but most recently squares up with a cop to protect Spaeth
Greg Lloyd - Domestic issues
Jack Lambert - Got drunk in a bar and got into a brawl

There are others that I can't remember right now, the Rooneys do run the team to standards others don't, but it's not like they haven't let many incidents slide because it was a star player. They got awfully righteous on this one and I'm not sure why.

Pappy

birtikidis
04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I havne't read teh whole thread... but I wanted to say, after reading over and over again how ben is a 100m dollar man he shouldn't be doing this or that. The guy is human. He most likely didn't do anything wrong. He makes mistakes and he makes bad decisions. who hasn't? None of you go into a bar that allows people 18 and up to enter? I've been to strip bars and seen the school superintendent there. I've been to the bars and seen plenty of my former coworkers lining up shots (I was a teacher). People from every walk of life, regardless of income, make mistakes. ben is paying for his mistake. you know, the mistake of going into a place of business and purchasing their goods (shots).

don't try to put your morals, or values, or beliefs on Ben just bc he makes a butt load of money.

(rant off)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Let us not make the mistake of assuming this suspension was all Goodell's doing. I am sure that the Rooney family played a large part in the suspension and it's structure. Even the wording of it - "6 game suspension to be reviewed" when it is the same as saying "4 game suspension pending successful completion of a counselling program".

Team wants this as much as the league does.