View Full Version : 2 teammates voice support for #7

SteelerNation1
04-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Found these on another board...

Woodley: Roethlisberger ĎHasnít Lost Any Respect From Me At Allí
SportingNews
39 minutes ago

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley(notes) joined Fox Sports Radio to talk about the Steelersí tumultuous this offseason. Sports Radio Interviews, whose content frequently appears on SportingNews.com, transcribed the interview. To listen to the entire interview, SportsRadioInterviews.com.

On the Steelers trading wide receiver Santonio Holmes(notes) to the Jets:
Woodley: The thing with Santonio was shocking to me too. I got a text at about 12 in the morning saying Santonio was traded to the Jets. At first I couldnít believe it, but I guess it was a business decision at the end of the day by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The thing with Ben [Roethlisberger], I just wish the best for him in that situation. As a player, thereís nothing you can really do but hope he gets through that situation. But luckily he did and was able to move on and is now with the team.

On whether Roethlisberger has Ďlostí the locker room:
Woodley: I really canít say. I canít speak for everybody. I canít say Benís lost the locker room. He hasnít lost any respect from me at all. Benís a great guy, heís a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happenóguys into this, get into thatóand that doesnít change how I think about a person at all.

On how the Rooney family is handling the Roethlisberger situation:
Woodley: Theyíre supposed to be a straight-forward organization, because of the history and the type of players that they bring in, and the respect that they have around the league. So the Rooneyís donít tolerate a lot of things just because of the respect that they have. Thatís just the way it is.

On how much the Steelersí 2009 season disappointed him:
Woodley: Oh man, it burns you a lot because we went out there last season and lost games that we should have won. We lost games we had opportunities to win. We had leads of at least 10 or 14 points going into the fourth quarter, and the defense didnít close out the game.

So this of-season, Iíve just been working so hard. Every time on the treadmill, doing a workout, Iím thinking about going in there and getting to somebodyís quarterback. So thatís the only thing on my mind: going out there and getting better individually. So when we come together as a team, I can go out and help my team win.

NFL Network reporting from Steelers camp said Aaron Smith was asked if he still wanted BEN to be his QB.. He said " Wouldn't you!!!.. We are in the business of winning football games and that's what BEN does.. So yes I'm behind him "

papillon
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Found these on another board...

[quote]Woodley: Roethlisberger ĎHasnít Lost Any Respect From Me At Allí
SportingNews
39 minutes ago

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley(notes) joined Fox Sports Radio to talk about the Steelersí tumultuous this offseason. Sports Radio Interviews, whose content frequently appears on SportingNews.com, transcribed the interview. To listen to the entire interview, SportsRadioInterviews.com.

On the Steelers trading wide receiver Santonio Holmes(notes) to the Jets:
Woodley: The thing with Santonio was shocking to me too. I got a text at about 12 in the morning saying Santonio was traded to the Jets. At first I couldnít believe it, but I guess it was a business decision at the end of the day by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The thing with Ben [Roethlisberger], I just wish the best for him in that situation. As a player, thereís nothing you can really do but hope he gets through that situation. But luckily he did and was able to move on and is now with the team.

On whether Roethlisberger has Ďlostí the locker room:
Woodley: I really canít say. I canít speak for everybody. I canít say Benís lost the locker room. He hasnít lost any respect from me at all. Benís a great guy, heís a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happenóguys into this, get into thatóand that doesnít change how I think about a person at all.

On how the Rooney family is handling the Roethlisberger situation:
Woodley: Theyíre supposed to be a straight-forward organization, because of the history and the type of players that they bring in, and the respect that they have around the league. So the Rooneyís donít tolerate a lot of things just because of the respect that they have. Thatís just the way it is.

On how much the Steelersí 2009 season disappointed him:
Woodley: Oh man, it burns you a lot because we went out there last season and lost games that we should have won. We lost games we had opportunities to win. We had leads of at least 10 or 14 points going into the fourth quarter, and the defense didnít close out the game.

So this of-season, Iíve just been working so hard. Every time on the treadmill, doing a workout, Iím thinking about going in there and getting to somebodyís quarterback. So thatís the only thing on my mind: going out there and getting better individually. So when we come together as a team, I can go out and help my team win.

NFL Network reporting from Steelers camp said Aaron Smith was asked if he still wanted BEN to be his QB.. He said " Wouldn't you!!!.. We are in the business of winning football games and that's what BEN does.. So yes I'm behind him "[/quote:1e0jfkgz]

Hopefully, we'll be hearing more of this kind of thing in the coming days and weeks.

Pappy

SteelerNation1
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Hopefully, we'll be hearing more of this kind of thing in the coming days and weeks.

Pappy
Actually Pap, I hope we just STOP hearing about it...that's when we can move on.

JAR
04-20-2010, 01:26 PM
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11617 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11617)

SteelerNation1
04-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Dang. Sorry for the repost.

JAR
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM

I was just posting that thread to show that there were more than 2 supporting ben.

SteelerNation1
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM

I was just posting that thread to show that there were more than 2 supporting ben.
:oops: Cool. It's all good then. :Cheers

flippy
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't it suck if Ben did nothing at all and is taking all this heat?

I'll wear my #7 proudly.

I still think the majority of evidence points toward Ben being a good guy.

SteelAbility
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
But I thought Keisel was the only guy on the team who liked Ben. :roll: :wink:

Ozey74
04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
But I thought Keisel was the only guy on the team who liked Ben. :roll: :wink:

don't forget about his O-Line. :lol:
Polamalu likes him too. He likes him so much that he prays for his soul daily.