PDA

View Full Version : how many primetime games....

JTP53609
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
what are the predictions for steeler primetime games....I say 4, at saints, at bills on a thursday night in toronto, jets and ravens...

the nfl should get off its high horse and just release the friggin schedule at 3 oclock like how it did for years, now it is on primetime and it has a 3 hour show behind it, my gracious....

WoodleyofTroy
04-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think we'll have many considering the sensitivity of the Ben situation. I think the NFL may want this to blow over first.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind it. I want to fly under the radar.

Less media, the better, on this.

I'm hoping for no more than 1.

papillon
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't think we'll have many considering the sensitivity of the Ben situation. I think the NFL may want this to blow over first.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind it. I want to fly under the radar.

Less media, the better, on this.

I'm hoping for no more than 1.

Zero would be good with me, the less publicity the better this year. And, besides, when they play Sunday afternoon at 1:00 PM in Pittsburgh, it's easier for me to go to the games live. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

JTP53609
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
im in the same boat with you guys, but the Steelers are still a major draw when they are on tv, and the nfl knows that, so i think 4 may be what we get, but I also would not be shocked if we got 1 or 2...I remember when the cowboys were in their ugly years in the early 2000's (oh how great that was) they still had 3 or 4 primetime games a year...

SteelAbility
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Hopefully no prime time games. Give me Sunday @1 every week except the last two, where playing on Monday Night is an advantage. :tt2 8)

ter1230_4
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I hope I'm wrong because I love the 1:00 pm games, but I think that the Steelers will have 5 primetime games this season. And unfortunately, one will be a home Thursday night game for the NFLN. They remain one of the top franchises in the league, they have won 2 Super Bowls in the past 5 years, and they draw high TV ratings. The Ben circus will also be a draw. It would be nice if they could avoid having a lot of 4:15 starts in the non Primetime games.

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
what are the predictions for steeler primetime games....I say 4, at saints, at bills on a thursday night in toronto, jets and ravens...

the nfl should get off its high horse and just release the friggin schedule at 3 oclock like how it did for years, now it is on primetime and it has a 3 hour show behind it, my gracious....

Did you just suggest a Ravens vs. Steelers game in prime time in Pittsburgh? We can't have that! The Baltimorons will cry and whine about it!

http://www.girlofwords.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cryingravensfan.jpg

Jigawatts
04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
5 sounds about right.

I'm guessing Sunday in New Orleans, Monday in Cincinnatti, Sunday vs. New England,
Sunday at Baltimore, and Thursday vs. Carolina.

ROLROC
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Jig- you have seen our schedule already :wink:

atl, @ten, @tb, balt to open with and bye in week 5...

WoodleyofTroy
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
5 sounds about right.

I'm guessing Sunday in New Orleans, Monday in Cincinnatti, Sunday vs. New England,
Sunday at Baltimore, and Thursday vs. Carolina.

:lol:

Jigawatts
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Jig- you have seen our schedule already :wink:

atl, @ten, @tb, balt to open with and bye in week 5...

Yep. :wink:

NJ-STEELER
04-20-2010, 04:46 PM
3 primetime games in a row

hawaiiansteel
04-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Steelers schedule includes five prime-time games

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Even though they missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record last season, the Steelers remain a prime-time attraction for the National Football League.

The Steelers will play the maximum five night games this season, including three in a row, as part of their 2010 schedule that will officially be released tonight.

Three of those games will be on Sunday night -- Oct. 31 in New Orleans against the Super Bowl champion Saints; Nov. 14 at home against the New England Patriots; and Dec. 5 at the Baltimore Ravens.

They will also play a Monday night game Nov. 8 in Cincinnati against the AFC North champion Bengals and a Thursday night game Dec. 23 at home against the Carolina Panthers.

If the Steelers have to begin the regular season without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who faces a possible suspension for his alleged sexual-assault incident in Georgia, they will do so against three teams who did not make the playoffs in 2009.

They open the season at home Sept. 12 against the Atlanta Falcons, then play back-to-back road games against the Tennessee Titans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They don't face a playoff team until their fourth game -- Oct. 3 at home against the Ravens.

The Steelers will play five of their first eight games on the road, including two in Florida -- Sept. 26 at Tampa Bay and Oct. 24 in Miami. Their other non-division road game is Nov. 28 in Buffalo.

Here is the complete schedule. Games in bold are at home.

Pre-season
Saturday, Aug. 14 vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 21 at NY Giants, 7 p.m.

Sunday, Aug. 29 at Denver, 8 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 2 vs. Carolina, 7:30 p.m.

Regular season
Sunday, Sept. 12 vs. Atlanta, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 19 at Tennessee, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 26 at Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 3 vs. Baltimore, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 10 Bye weeks

Sunday, Oct. 17 vs. Cleveland, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 24 at Miami, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 31 at New Orleans, 8:20 p.m.

Monday, Nov. 8 at Cincinatti, 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 14 vs. New England, 8:20 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 21 vs. Oakland, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Nov. 28 at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 5 at Baltimore, 8:20 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 12 vs. Cincinatti, 1 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 19 vs. NY Jets, 4:15 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 23 vs. Carolina, 8:20 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 2 at Cleveland, 1 p.m.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/1051950-100.stm#ixzz0lg6kMK21