PDA

View Full Version : 1 DAY AWAY TIME TO GO ON RECORD

steelerkeylargo
04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
who will the Steelers pick in the first ( no trade scenarios please)

My gut tells me

Mike Iupati!!!

AkronSteel
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Maurkice Pouncey

Shawn
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Pouncey

Lebsteel
04-20-2010, 11:27 AM
I suppose I'd have to agree with Pouncey, but I hope they trade down with the Jets to make it happen. I'd really like to see Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson at 18.

NW Steeler
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Pouncey, with a trade down.

Although I find it a little interesting that they apparently were playing Urbik at C yesterday.....

Lebsteel
04-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Pouncey, with a trade down.

Although I find it a little interesting that they apparently were playing Urbik at C yesterday.....
Really? That would be awesome. I hate to see our 2nd pick last year be wasted. Maybe both Sweed and Urbik can step up and be productive this year!! :tt1

Jom112
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Tim Tebow

j/k It will be Maurkice Pouncey

flippy
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Thomas has Tomlin type of pick written all over him

flippy
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Another thought is Odrick because Colbert's been talking about how deep the draft is for 3-4 linemen which could be a smokescreen for we're picking a DLineman high

PSU_dropout43
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Iupati.

NW Steeler
04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Thomas has Tomlin type of pick written all over him

You are right, and I think he would be the pick if available. But he will be gone by the time we get to #18. I don't think there is a chance in hell that we will trade up. So, as a broken record, I must reiterate that we will trade down and pick Pouncey!

papillon
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Taylor Mays @ 1.29

Pappy

SteelBucks
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Maurkice Pouncey

I don't like it but I'm starting to agree that it'll be Pouncey. I'd rather have Iupati or Earl Thomas.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Pouncey

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I would love to have Thomas & Iupati too but they will be gone. If either are there, I believe they will select one of them. Based on both being off the board, I believe they will be able to trade down and get Pouncey. If Thomas & Iupati are off the board and they can't trade down....I'm undecided what they would do. Take Graham or still take Pouncey. Rumor is the Steelers have Pouncey rated as a Top 20 player.

Oviedo
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Thomas or Iupati would be great. Just say "NO" to Pouncey.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Everyone and their grandmother has mocked Rolando McClain to the Giants at #15. I think McClain fits as a buck ILB in our 3-4 scheme (which he played at Alabama as well) better than the 4-3 Tampa 2 type of defense played in New York. A LB like Sean Weatherspoon seems to fit the Giants' scheme better (or they could go in a completely different direction entirely). Inside backers tend to slide in the draft (Laurinaitis and Maualuga slipped right out of the first round), with the last ILB taken in the top half of the first round being being Patrick Willis.

Even though we suddenly have solid depth at ILB with Timmons, Farrior, Foote, and Fox already here, so it is not a major need, I could still see us taking McClain as a true B.P.A. pick for us (assuming that we don't trade our 1st and 2nd to get Eric Berry, our 1st and 3rd to get Joe Haden, or our 1st and 4th to get Earl Thomas or something like that). McClain could learn during his rookie year (contributing on special teams and on a rotational basis on D), and since this could be Farrior's last year, we could enter 2011 with Timmons starting at the mack (backed up by Fox) and McClain starting at the buck (backed up by Foote). Harrison-McClain-Timmons-Woodley would be an incredible foursome at linebacker for us for years to come.

That was a lot of words...probably should have kept it simple and just said:

Rolando McClain.

Chadman
04-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Kareem Jackson

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Bradford.....if they trade down. :wink:

Oviedo
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Everyone and their grandmother has mocked Rolando McClain to the Giants at #15. I think McClain fits as a buck ILB in our 3-4 scheme (which he played at Alabama as well) better than the 4-3 Tampa 2 type of defense played in New York. A LB like Sean Weatherspoon seems to fit the Giants' scheme better (or they could go in a completely different direction entirely). Inside backers tend to slide in the draft (Laurinaitis and Maualuga slipped right out of the first round), with the last ILB taken in the top half of the first round being being Patrick Willis.

Even though we suddenly have solid depth at ILB with Timmons, Farrior, Foote, and Fox already here, so it is not a major need, I could still see us taking McClain as a true B.P.A. pick for us (assuming that we don't trade our 1st and 2nd to get Eric Berry, our 1st and 3rd to get Joe Haden, or our 1st and 4th to get Earl Thomas or something like that). McClain could learn during his rookie year (contributing on special teams and on a rotational basis on D), and since this could be Farrior's last year, we could enter 2011 with Timmons starting at the mack (backed up by Fox) and McClain starting at the buck (backed up by Foote). Harrison-McClain-Timmons-Woodley would be an incredible foursome at linebacker for us for years to come.

Rolando McClain.

I'd be very happy with McClain.

I'd be happy with any of the following five players: McClain, Weatherspoon, Iupati, Thomas, Haden

phillyesq
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
If he makes it to the Steelers, I think it will be Thomas. Otherwise, I'm starting to think it will be Kyle Wilson or Pouncey.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Kyle Wilson- CB Boise St.

"Conclusion: Haden is the most well-rounded pure cornerback in this class, but Wilson may have equal pro potential. With his deep speed and quick closing ability, Wilson can become what every great team needs Ė a pure range cornerback with shutdown potential. His value should be inflated by the relative lack of elite tight-cover corners in the NFL. Itís far too early to put Wilson in Revisí class, but he does have a similar ability to trail speed receivers around the field."

:tt1

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Rolando McClain.

If McClain is there...Get him! Since we don't have a list who is on the board, I guess it would be hard to pick.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree 110%- IF McClain is there- you take him. I still doubt he will be though. Same with Haden, but from what I'm reading, etc. Haden and Wilson are almost identical as CB's however, Wilson may have more upside, so if both Haden and Wilson were there, I'd still almost lean to Wilson.

:tt1

WoodleyofTroy
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Someone will fall to #18, eliminating Pouncey / Iupati.

I agree with Ruthless.

Rolando McClain (with Haden making it close). Earl Thomas will be the one that is long gone by the time we pick, in which was the opposite a month ago.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
I'd be willing to trade our #1 and #2 for Eric Berry, our #1 and #3 for Joe Haden, or our #1 and #4 for Earl Thomas. Otherwise, I'd be happy with the B.P.A.

pfelix73
04-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't trade a 1 and a 3 for Haden. I think Haden and Wilson are pretty close to being about the same type player,- IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't trade a 1 and a 3 for Haden. I think Haden and Wilson are pretty close to being about the same type player,- IMO.

Both are excellent cover corners. Here is the difference, though...

Listed among Haden's strengths:

Physical corner
Takes on blocks
Really lays the wood for a corner
Terrific in run support

Listed among Wilson's weaknesses:

Inconsistent tackler
Needs to improve run support

The Steelers ask that their CB's support the run as well as cover. Haden fits what we do better.

steelblood
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm hoping for Earl Thomas.

i think it will be Pouncey.

WaGgin74
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
1. 18-Kyle Wilson-CB-Boise St . 2. 52 Chad Jones-S- LSU

Mick'sTeam
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Eric Berry (hey, a guy can dream can't he?)

Flasteel
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping for Earl Thomas.

i think it will be Pouncey.

This is what I'm thinking as well. If Haden falls, that's an obvious pick for me and I would also be okay with Wilson.

In the end however, I see Pouncey. Maybe in a trade-down - which would be a deft move if we could find the right partner.

calmkiller
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
1 Maurkice Pouncey C Florida
2 Chris Cook CB Virginia
3 Brandon Spikes LB Florida
4 Carlton Mitchell WR USF
5 LeGarrette Blount RB Oregon
5 Michael Neal DL Purdue
5 Joe Webb WR Alabama-Birmingham
5 Clifton Geathers DL South Carolina
6 Selvish Capers OT WVU
7 Adrian Tracy LB W&M

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2010, 10:30 AM
I will go on record as saying, whenever the Steelers trade up in the first, to maybe grab Haden or Thomas, or in the 2nd round to get Kareem Jackson, everyone will automatically assume it was for Roethlisberger. Which will end up just being an ordinary trade up, swap of picks instead.

calmkiller
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I will go on record as saying, whenever the Steelers trade up in the first, to maybe grab Haden or Thomas, or in the 2nd round to get Kareem Jackson, everyone will automatically assume it was for Roethlisberger. Which will end up just being an ordinary trade up, swap of picks instead.

yup my heart will stop if we move up.

ramblinjim
04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
My Final, knowing I'm still not great at this:

1.) Pouncey or Iupati - I've seen Pouncey going as high as 11 to Denver?
2.) Ghee - CB Wake
3.) Spikes, ILB Florida
4.) Karim, RB Southern Illinois
5.) DeGeare, G Wake
5.) Lewis, S Vandy
5.) Schofield, OLB Wisconsin
5.) Carroll, C Maryland
6.) Horn, OT Montana
7.) Connor, FB Kentucky