PDA

View Full Version : Akron Steel's Final Mock!

AkronSteel
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I have a trade to announce the Steelers have traded their first round selection and a fifth round selction (pick 18, pick 151) to the Philadelphia Eagles and in return have received (pick 24, pick 37, and pick 200)

1-24 Maurkice Pouncey, C / Florida
2-37 Kareem Jackson, CB / Alabama
2-52 Taylor Price, WR / Ohio
3-82 Terrell Troup, DT / East Carolina
4-116 Brandon Spikes, ILB / Florida
5-155 Kam Chancellor, S / Virginia Tech
5-164 Garrett Lindholm, K / Tarleton State
5-166 Joique Bell, RB / Wayne State
6-188 Clifton Geathers, DE / South Carolina
6-200 Jake Ballard, TE / Ohio State
7-225 Clay Harbor, FB / Missouri State
7-242 Mike Kafka, QB / Northwestern

Oh well.....its just a mock anyways!!! :) I would be happy with it though!!!

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know I took a kicker in the 5th round but the Steelers always throw me a curveball somewhere in the draft where they draft something that I never even thought about, so I just figured I would beat them to the punch!!! LOL!!! Ok, thank goodness draft season is almost over and Steeler Nation can finally start looking ahead to July!!! WOOHOO!!!

:tt1

hawaiiansteel
04-20-2010, 12:19 AM
i really like your mock draft...

except for that kicker idea in the 5th round, of course. :lol:

buckeyehoppy
04-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I have a trade to announce the Steelers have traded their first round selection and a fifth round selction (pick 18, pick 151) to the Philadelphia Eagles and in return have received (pick 24, pick 37, and pick 200)

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know I took a kicker in the 5th round but the Steelers always throw me a curveball somewhere in the draft where they draft something that I never even thought about, so I just figured I would beat them to the punch!!! LOL!!! Ok, thank goodness draft season is almost over and Steeler Nation can finally start looking ahead to July!!! WOOHOO!!!

I like every pick in Rounds 6 and 7. Lotsa value there, AS.

Loved Jake Ballard at tOSU and if the Steelers do pull the trigger on that pick, we can kiss Mr. Spaeth g'bye.

DJ would be gone if we took Harbor.

Kafka would be wonderful. But there's no way we get him there. I think he's gone before the end of the 5th.

:Beer on another great mock, AS!

Djfan
04-20-2010, 12:21 AM
i really like your mock draft...

except for that kicker idea in the 5th round, of course. :lol:

And that TE pick. We need line depth and a legit FB IMO.

NW Steeler
04-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Well the first two picks are exactly what I am "forecasting". Nice.

Oviedo
04-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Replace Pouncey with Iupati and that is a good draft

AkronSteel
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM

I want Pouncey because we drafted Urbik last year but now that Urbik is playing center with the 2nd team obviously the team see's him as more of a center than guard so you may be right brother......maybe Iupati is going to be the selection. I myself prefer Pouncey just because of his position flexibility and the fact that Hartwig was statistically the worst center in the league last year. I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!

Lebsteel
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM

I applaude the trade down and extra pick in Rd. 2. Substitute Koa Misi OLB or Sean Lee ILB/OLB at 2-52 and I think it would be a great mock! I don't want us to use a 2nd rounder on a WR. I don't think we signed two WR FAs so that we could use a 2nd rd. pick on another one. I also like the idea of taking Ballard. He grew up about 10 miles from where I live and would be a great replacement for Spaeth.

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 12:07 AM

I want Pouncey because we drafted Urbik last year but now that Urbik is playing center with the 2nd team obviously the team see's him as more of a center than guard so you may be right brother......maybe Iupati is going to be the selection. I myself prefer Pouncey just because of his position flexibility and the fact that Hartwig was statistically the worst center in the league last year. I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!

If we trade down... and I know people will say this sounds like a reach... I say we take Saffold. He is a guy I REALLY want. Guys who start (almost) their entire college career at LT with a Big 11 school have my attention. Plus, that probably makes him versatile to anyplace on the left side, G or T.

Also, Cherepinsky has him going to Indy with 1.31... not a long reach when it's a position of need.

I like the sound of Urbik working at C. This might give him a chance to do a little more than contribute this season.

The more I think of it, the more I'm convinced Iupati will be there when the Steelers jump on the clock at 1.18. Gives the FO all the more reason to move outta the pick.

Bottom line, though, remember buckeyehoppy's mantra: I'll believe OL in the 1st when I see it!

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 12:13 AM

I applaude the trade down and extra pick in Rd. 2. Substitute Koa Misi OLB or Sean Lee ILB/OLB at 2-52 and I think it would be a great mock! I don't want us to use a 2nd rounder on a WR. I don't think we signed two WR FAs so that we could use a 2nd rd. pick on another one. I also like the idea of taking Ballard. He grew up about 10 miles from where I live and would be a great replacement for Spaeth.

:Cheers to Jake Ballard becoming a Pittsburgh Steeler! :Agree

Mick'sTeam
04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I really like this mock! The first 3 are exactly what & who I want, especially Taylor Price. I know we signed 2 WR's but Battle is more of a ST guy & ARE is not the future at WR. I think Price is the real deal ( of course I'm an Ohio alum so my point of view may be fogged).

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 11:26 PM
I really like this mock! The first 3 are exactly what & who I want, especially Taylor Price. I know we signed 2 WR's but Battle is more of a ST guy & ARE is not the future at WR. I think Price is the real deal ( of course I'm an Ohio alum so my point of view may be fogged).

FWIW, MT, if he's good enough to warrant a 2nd round pick and can prove it in the pros more power to him. If that happens with the Steelers, so much the better.