PDA

View Full Version : So what are you doing draft day?

costanza2k1
04-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Draft starts at 4.30 for me. Me, my cousins, and friends are heading to a sports bar in town for the draft. This is the best thing ever! In all there should be about 15 of us boozing it up and talking trash. Should be a blast. Of course there's going to be an after party. On Friday we're planning to hang out at my house and just chill. Most likely recover from the day before.

So what are you planning to do? I've already taken the next day off, I know it sounds crazy but this is the draft and I STILL love my team and the NFL regardless of what's happened in the past 2-3 weeks. Here's to Superbowl #7 for us. :Cheers

Jooser
04-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll be outa town showing my bullies, but I'll stream it in on my Blackberry as much as possible... -Joos

spyboots
04-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Arranged to take off early on Thursday in order to watch it. Can't take off Fri and Sat, though. I can record it, as I have the last 3 years.

Lebsteel
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I will be sitting in my favorite family room chair waiting for the trade :stirpot

NOT REALLY, well, I will be sitting in my favorite family room chair....see my final mock draft, well at least the one I'd like to see, in my sig below. I may change it on Thursday to what I think the Steelers will really do.

Shawn
04-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I will make my favorite football time snacks...dress up in my Steely McBeam suit...rip one off thinking about Erin Andrews...then sit back relax and watch the madness unfold.

SS Laser
04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I will make my favorite football time snacks...dress up in my Steely McBeam suit...rip one off thinking about Erin Andrews...then sit back relax and watch the madness unfold.

:wft :Clap :D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :oops: :moon

Oh yea, I will be watching every minute of the draft with my 7mo old daughter!

fordfixer
04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I will make my favorite football time snacks...dress up in my Steely McBeam suit ...rip one off thinking about Erin Andrews...then sit back relax and watch the madness unfold.
You need to seek help now :shock: :lol:

buckeyehoppy
04-19-2010, 01:46 AM
I will make my favorite football time snacks...dress up in my Steely McBeam suit ...rip one off thinking about Erin Andrews...then sit back relax and watch the madness unfold.
You need to seek help now :shock: :lol:

Aw, c'mon FF... Steely McBeam is a model citizen and an example to the children of the Steeler Universe.

:stirpot :Agree

costanza2k1
04-19-2010, 01:59 AM
rip one off thinking about Erin Andrews...

Classic...

Looks like we're doing some Rib Eyes + Crown and Cokes for Friday...can't wait!

Chadman
04-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Working!

Inconsiderate bastards holding the Draft on a Thursday night- That's Friday morning here! Gone are the days of 2am Saturday mornings in front of the pc, waiting for pick 28ish to unfold and listening to you gibbering idiots go on about busts and steals...

Now it'll be sneaking looks in between quotes and phone calls...

Bastards indeed!

What are the chances of "gameday chat" being on for the draft?

SS Laser
04-19-2010, 02:17 AM
What are the chances of "gameday chat" being on for the draft?[/quote]

I second lets do a chat for the draft!

The west coast guys will get the 1/2 shaft also by the way. Thursday not to bad but friday i think it starts at 3pm for the WC guys.

Hey Chadman you could move to pittsburgh!

Chadman
04-19-2010, 02:21 AM
What are the chances of "gameday chat" being on for the draft?

I second lets do a chat for the draft!

The west coast guys will get the 1/2 shaft also by the way. Thursday not to bad but friday i think it starts at 3pm for the WC guys.

Hey Chadman you could move to pittsburgh![/quote]

Could the US handle the awesomeness of Chadman?

SS Laser
04-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Could the US handle the awesomeness of Chadman?[/quote]

NOPE! I am sorry we all could not handle Chadman. You might end up in trouble over here! You would be bigger news then Ben!

Chadman
04-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Could the US handle the awesomeness of Chadman?

NOPE! I am sorry we all could not handle Chadman. You might end up in trouble over here! You would be bigger news then Ben![/quote]

Hmm....might make that Chadman's sig.... :Beer

SS Laser
04-19-2010, 02:29 AM
:tt1 :tt2 :lol:

rpmpit
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM

And you guys think he's kidding...

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2010, 09:14 AM

He is kidding. He actually plans to rip one off thinking about Todd McShay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink:

Shawn
04-19-2010, 09:25 AM

:lol:

phillyesq
04-19-2010, 10:09 AM
If all goes as planned, I'll be home alone, stripped to the waist eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2010, 10:11 AM
If all goes as planned, I'll be home alone, stripped to the waist eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

It's the Summer of Phillyesq!!!

RussBII
04-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Once again, horrible timing has conspired against me.

Thursday night The In-Laws are tacking me and my wife to a play. A FREAKING PLAY. Normally I kind of like theater, but not when the draft is on!.

Friday, we're closing on a house, so I'll be busy Friday night doing whatever it is that new home owners do.

Saturday is the World Beer Fest. Four straight hours of sampling 2 ounces of over 200 to 300 beers. I shan't be in any shape to watch...

Sunday... sleep.

Oh well. Thank goodness for smart phones.

phillyesq
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM

It's the Summer of Phillyesq!!!

:lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
I'll likely have a bad case of what we always referred to as "Nintendo Thumb" from flipping back and forth on my remote control between the draft and Game 5 of the Opening Round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. If the Pens didn't blow game 1 in Pittsburgh, then we could have possibly closed out the series against the Senators tomorrow, and I would be free to devote by full undivided attention to the draft. But as it stands, there will be a game at the Igloo on Thursday night.

flippy
04-19-2010, 01:33 PM
The NFL sux. Why'd they have to mess up a good thing???

I'll be watching the Pens on Thursday and the fact that the draft is going on at the same time will take away some of the joy because I'll be dying to know what's happening in the draft.

I'll record both and will go back and forth between the 2, pausing and resuming play, hoping not to fat finger the live tv button and mess up my enjoyment. I've not decided whether or not to use the internet at the same time since I'll be behind on the game or the draft at all times. But I'll want access to info so I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna handle this.

Most likely my wife has plans for us to do something which will probably throw another monkey wrench my way.

SteelerNation1
04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Ahhhhh the draft. Yes, gone are the days of the noon to midnight tailgate at my house. :( BUT...I'll still be having about 10 people over, tailgating through the early picks (cornhole, shut-the-box, etc...). Those who came to the Planet tailgate '09 got to play/lose to me at said games, and those who attend Planet tailgate '10 will do similarly. So, after I win some of my friends and families cash, we'll set up on the back deck, TV ready, beers in hand, and watch the Steelers reload for the future.

WoodleyofTroy
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Count me in the Pens / Draft boat. Hopefully it's 3 games to 1, making it a little more acceptable to favor the draft. Then again, I might miss some key moments in another classic like last year in Philly (Talbot's fight and 2 goals of the comeback).

buckeyehoppy
04-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Ahhhhh the draft. Yes, gone are the days of the noon to midnight tailgate at my house. :( BUT...I'll still be having about 10 people over, tailgating through the early picks (cornhole, shut-the-box, etc...). Those who came to the Planet tailgate '09 got to play/lose to me at said games, and those who attend Planet tailgate '10 will do similarly. So, after I win some of my friends and families cash, we'll set up on the back deck, TV ready, beers in hand, and watch the Steelers reload for the future.

NIIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

BTW, you said cornhole...heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh!

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Count me in the Pens / Draft boat. Hopefully it's 3 games to 1, making it a little more acceptable to favor the draft. Then again, I might miss some key moments in another classic like last year in Philly (Talbot's fight and 2 goals of the comeback).

http://nhlpens.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/shh.jpg

ikestops85
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM

First he says it ... then he does it! :shock: :moon :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM

First he says it ... then he does it! :shock: :moon :lol: :lol:
Only if you lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :mrgreen:

steelblood
04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm going to Midgeville!!!!

No, I'll be at home watching the pen's and the draft simultaneously while the old lady streams CSI on the computer and I dvr the office and 30 Rock upstairs!

Snatch98
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure as of now what I'm doing. I may just watch it with my dad with a case of something middle of the road like Yuengling or hit up one of the local sports bars. Rick's in Delmont should have a ton of people. Either way I can't wait.