PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Gun Report on the Incident

flippy
04-16-2010, 08:00 AM
There's links to about 23 pages of the police report in this article:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... rger1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html)

Reading some of this is kinda gross. Wonder why GA decided not to prosecute. Sounds like a lot of evidence. Whether it's valid or not is another story.

But it's weird all these girls have written statements that sound like the same story.

I feel dirty reading this stuff.....ewwww

Jom112
04-16-2010, 08:13 AM
I think if the girl wanted to go through with pressing charges that the D.A. would have. Her stating she didn't, I think is what ended the case against Ben...

Oviedo
04-16-2010, 08:14 AM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... rger1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html)

Reading some of this is kinda gross. Wonder why GA decided not to prosecute. Sounds like a lot of evidence. Whether it's valid or not is another story.

But it's weird all these girls have written statements that sound like the same story.

They are sorority sisters. Don't think for a minute that they didn't get together back at the house and get their stories straight to "protect and support" their "sister." Sorority sisters will lie, cheat and steal for each other.

The similarity of the statements was something that the DA probably found disconcerting and something a good defense lawyer could probably shoot a million holes in once he started deposing witnesses. This DA is a long time DA in a college town who deals with students all the time. he knows that they will lie through their teeth for each other. he is also experienced enough to know that a good defense lawyer would eat them alive in a trial.

JAR
04-16-2010, 08:21 AM

They are sorority sisters. Don't think for a minute that they didn't get together back at the house and get their stories straight to "protect and support" their "sister." Sorority sisters will lie, cheat and steal for each other.

The similarity of the statements was something that the DA probably found disconcerting and something a good defense lawyer could probably shoot a million holes in once he started deposing witnesses. This DA is a long time DA in a college town who deals with students all the time. he knows that they will lie through their teeth for each other. he is also experienced enough to know that a good defense lawyer would eat them alive in a trial.

I'd still like to know how they had Ben's exact measurement for the police report. 6' 5", 241 pounds

flippy
04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I don't understand what their motive to lie would be.

Sorority sisters lying for one another sounds like a movie.

steelblood
04-16-2010, 08:24 AM

I'd still like to know how they had Ben's exact measurement for the police report. 6' 5", 241 pounds

From what I've read they didn't have those measurements. They could have come from Ben himself. I've never read a statement in which the victim mentioned his size. It was listed on the complaint, but it didn't necessarily come from the victim.

steelblood
04-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Maybe. Maybe not. What makes you believe Ben?

The DA is not a college town DA. He is a DA for a 3 county circuit. He didn't prosecute mostly because the witness was very drunk and refused to cooperate. He couldn't prove what happened in the bathroom.

JAR
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM

From what I've read they didn't have those measurements. They could have come from Ben himself. I've never read a statement in which the victim mentioned his size. It was listed on the complaint, but it didn't necessarily come from the victim.

The filed report did not include Roethlisberger's name, identifying the suspect only as a 6'5" white male, weighing 241 pounds with brown hair and eyes. But investigators indicated at a press conference late Friday that the Super Bowl quarterback was being investigated in connection with the report.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.as ... yid=141725 (http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=141725)

Iron Shiek
04-16-2010, 08:44 AM

The DA is not a college town DA. He is a DA for a 3 county circuit. He didn't prosecute mostly because the witness was very drunk and refused to cooperate. He couldn't prove what happened in the bathroom.

This is the biggest reason. 2 police reports were filed/written by the accuser, one really incomprehensible one right after the incident when she was still intoxicated, then another more detailed one a day or two later. That makes it hard to put together a strong case when the defense can poke serious holes in her story because everyone knows she was trashed.

Oviedo
04-16-2010, 08:48 AM

This is the biggest reason. 2 police reports were filed/written by the accuser, one really incomprehensible one right after the incident when she was still intoxicated, then another more detailed one a day or two later. That makes it hard to put together a strong case when the defense can poke serious holes in her story because everyone knows she was trashed.

Plus she had 24 hours to get her story straight with the "sisters"

SteelAbility
04-16-2010, 08:59 AM
I think if the girl wanted to go through with pressing charges that the D.A. would have. Her stating she didn't, I think is what ended the case against Ben...

That's exactly right. The DNA evidence was insufficient and she was the only witness who could have any credibility in terms of what happened behind the closed door. No witness. Inconclusive material evidence. No case. Save the taxpayers' money.

papillon
04-16-2010, 09:28 AM

That's exactly right. The DNA evidence was insufficient and she was the only witness who could have any credibility in terms of what happened behind the closed door. No witness. Inconclusive material evidence. No case. Save the taxpayers' money.

The decision not to prosecute was the correct one without doubt. The decision the NFL and the Steelers will make is completely different. They have no burden of proof; their proof is the fact that negative light has been cast on the NFL and a member organization (The Steelers) by this incident, whether it occurred as the woman states or not.

Pappy

phillyesq
04-16-2010, 09:48 AM

The decision not to prosecute was the correct one without doubt. The decision the NFL and the Steelers will make is completely different. They have no burden of proof; their proof is the fact that negative light has been cast on the NFL and a member organization (The Steelers) by this incident, whether it occurred as the woman states or not.

Pappy

I agree that the DA was correct not to prosecute. All of the statements simply allow us to place Ben in hallway (or perhaps the bathroom) with the accuser. Whatever happened between the two of them comes down to the word of a drunk girl who changed her story and Ben. There is unquestionably reasonable doubt.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Guys...I would challenge anyone here to prove they are a bigger Steelers fan than me. We could all say that. I would also challenge anyone here to prove they are a bigger Big Ben fan than me.

I want to use a "tool" I saw in a movie that changed my outlook on things. Whenever a situation occurs like this, I use it. It makes you stop, think, and be more objective. It can be used in many ways, it is more about individuals beliefs in a situation that obscure facts. The movie is "A Time To Kill". If you didn't see it, I suggest you do. I won't tell you the specifics of the movie, but if you saw it you know what I am talking about. It is about a trial in the South where Matthew McConaughey is a lawyer for Samuel L Jackson. It is a story about a Father's 10 year old little girl getting raped by white men. To make it short, Samuel L Jackson kills the rapist in the court house during their trial in fear of them getting off from deep-based racism (sorry I ruined that part). The rest of the movie is about the murder trial against Samuel L Jackson. None of that pertains to this...Just wanted to give you a background. The part of the movie where it occurs is at the end when Matthew McConaughey, Samuel L Jackson's lawyer, make his closing argument. It is his last statement he makes. I won't ruin it. For those of you who saw it...Imagine reading all the pages from the investigation that had no names including Ben's. You had to get to the end to see who the allegations were against. When you finished...You had to turn to the last page to see who committed these alleged crimes. If the name on the last page was "John Doe"....Would the alleged accounts have any more truth to them?

Think about it a little......

See...Don't hate yourself...We too are only human.

All it means is our blood is black & gold.

This isn't a movie...

We are beyond if it happened. For the sake of both Ben & the alleged victim...I hope it didn't. This world would be a better place if we could know that this was just another "Gold Digger" story made up and nobody actually experienced what was reported in the investigation. I know I would sleep better knowing a person has to look in the mirror every morning and see a reflection of a person who ruined a man's career because of lies rather than think there was a girl who experienced rape and a man who got away with it because he has money. That statement wasn't implying anything...Just the two sides. We all want what is best for the Steelers to win...Ben is that on the field. Some of us "old School" guys want the same but don't want to sacrifice the prestige of the Steelers to get that in light of the recent events. I would be sad to see him go but if the Rooneys feel that is what is best for the organization...I would hold the door for Ben.

I will be the first to say I'm done. I understand both sides Steeler Brothers & Sisters. In our black & gold hearts we all would be sad to see Ben leave. On the other hand...I think we all would be happy for him to stay and turn his life around and rebuild his image as well as the Steelers. The "Nation" is divided...

I won't defend Ben...
I won't support Ben...
I won't condemn Ben...

I will support the Steelers. If Ben is part of them...He gets the same as a player of the Steelers. He will have to earn back his individual character support from me. If he is a Steeler, I will give him a chance because the Rooneys are giving him a chance.

Chadman
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
While this might be completely 'politically incorrect', it astounds Chadman that a woman, or group of women, would wear a tag that reads "DTF" (You know what it means) & not expect to get themselves into a situation where that tag line might get a testing. Chadman is sure that in the court of law, it'll be argued that you can wear whatever you like & not expect to be treated any differently, but to Chadman, this is a little...slutty. On a side note- what is it with this generation of teens? Growing up, Chadman & his peers used to snigger in a shocked way if anyone even said they might be horny- now we advertise we are up for it?? There used to be this thing we called 'self pride' that got lost on the way here..

Also, it seems extremely...coincidental...that these girls would just 'happen' to turn up within half an hour to the exact same clubs Ben & his mates turn up to, and then the girls proceed to continue having conversations with him. There must have been a certain amount of interest on their behalf.

Another oddity- the details leading up to 'the incident' are remarkably clear, but yet 'the incident' is fuzzy to her memory. Odd?

Just Plain Nasty used a story/quote taken from a movie. Chadman will too.

From "7"- "Earnest Hemingway once said : The world is a beautiful place, and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part."

Oviedo
04-16-2010, 10:43 AM
While this might be completely 'politically incorrect', it astounds Chadman that a woman, or group of women, would wear a tag that reads "DTF" (You know what it means) & not expect to get themselves into a situation where that tag line might get a testing. Chadman is sure that in the court of law, it'll be argued that you can wear whatever you like & not expect to be treated any differently, but to Chadman, this is a little...slutty. On a side note- what is it with this generation of teens? Growing up, Chadman & his peers used to snigger in a shocked way if anyone even said they might be horny- now we advertise we are up for it?? There used to be this thing we called 'self pride' that got lost on the way here..

Also, it seems extremely...coincidental...that these girls would just 'happen' to turn up within half an hour to the exact same clubs Ben & his mates turn up to, and then the girls proceed to continue having conversations with him. There must have been a certain amount of interest on their behalf.

Another oddity- the details leading up to 'the incident' are remarkably clear, but yet 'the incident' is fuzzy to her memory. Odd?

From "7"- "Earnest Hemingway once said : The world is a beautiful place, and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part."

File this away as future case study for the Chadbabies. I harp on my three daughters all the time about this kind of stuff. They are sick of hearing it but they are also naive so I hammer home the point that rarely does anything that involves alcohol turn out good. Unfortunately there is a "culture" at our Universities that puts alcohol at the center of almost all social interactions. Dangerous. It is worse in fraternities and sororities.

While it may not be sensitive to criticize an alleged victim this girl put herself on a slippery slope to disaster and unfortunately for Steelers fans there was an idiotic, immature QB at the bottom of that slope.

Chadman
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM

File this away as future case study for the Chadbabies. I harp on my three daughters all the time about this kind of stuff. They are sick of hearing it but they are also naive so I hammer home the point that rarely does anything that involves alcohol turn out good. Unfortunately there is a "culture" at our Universities that puts alcohol at the center of almost all social interactions. Dangerous. It is worse in fraternities and sororities.

While it may not be sensitive to criticize an alleged victim this girl put herself on a slippery slope to disaster and unfortunately for Steelers fans there was an idiotic, immature QB at the bottom of that slope.

Mate- Chadman looks around every day & thinks- "When Chadman was growing up, it wasn't this bad, was it?"

Maybe the view is skewed- maybe not. Chadman fears for Chadbaby though.

Alcohol & a general me-first attitude have gone a long way to turning this place into a jungle.

snarky
04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
I've seen this DTF sticker brought up a number of times (not just by Chadman) and I'm sorta surprised that it has elicited such shock. I mean who over the age of 16 or so isn't DTF? Her wearing of this DTF sticker is meaningless. We are all DTF, no? It's not like it said DTFBRIADB (Down to eff Ben Roethlisberger in a dirty bathroom).

It is as meaningless as Ben's "All my bitches take my shots" comment.