PDA

View Full Version : Ben's future (off the field)

Shoe
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm talking about his off-the-field behavior...

You know, we all can appreciate a guy going out, having drinks, all that good stuff. And at a certain level, we all sortof give *a wink*, and a pat-on-the-back to a guy that likes to do that.

BUT... it's clear that this kindof stuff has gone overboard for this guy. The results are what they are. My question is: what do you foresee, or maybe what do you hope, Ben does in changing his lifestyle. I mean, you can't say "Ben, just do your partying in more discreet ways, in private, etc." Cause that's a big part of the problem. And yet, I'm not ready to call him an alcoholic or some freak or something like that (though I suppose that could be a possibility).

What would you like to see? Just cold turkey? Dial it down a notch? Remember, Favre went through issues of getting a little wild with the sauce, and sortof revamped his life (he stopped partying, drinking).

*I* hope Ben takes this to reach out to his teammates... who, by many accounts, a lot of them don't really admire the guy. I hope he can at least get with the other team leaders, close the doors, and have a "heart to heart" so to speak. I also want him to actually reach out to Bradshaw, be a big man, and mend that relationship. In this case, it's in Ben's court. Bradshaw isn't the one who can reach to the current star and do it... it has to come from Ben.

stlrz d
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see people stop believing something to be true just because it was in a report.

But that's just me. ;)

sd steel
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I'd like to see people stop believing something to be true just because it was in a report.

But that's just me. ;)

Hey D, just curious, what makes you so sure the information is wrong? The police, the DA, the NFL and the Steeler organization all seem to feel there was some truth to it. Aside from that, I know there are gold diggers out there and the media will try to find a train wreck anywhere it can, but with the plethora of professional athletes around, why don't more of the stories appear? How could one guy be such a target that he is named in 2 incidents and possibly a third? Is it just that Ben is the only guy who puts himself in these bad situations? Or could he possibly get off on imposing his will on women?

SteelAbility
04-16-2010, 06:38 AM
I thought the question was what we would like to see in terms of Ben's off-field behavior. But that's just me.

:roll:

stlrz d
04-16-2010, 07:51 AM
[quote="stlrz d":21la9bvl]I'd like to see people stop believing something to be true just because it was in a report.

But that's just me. ;)

Hey D, just curious, what makes you so sure the information is wrong? The police, the DA, the NFL and the Steeler organization all seem to feel there was some truth to it. Aside from that, I know there are gold diggers out there and the media will try to find a train wreck anywhere it can, but with the plethora of professional athletes around, why don't more of the stories appear? How could one guy be such a target that he is named in 2 incidents and possibly a third? Is it just that Ben is the only guy who puts himself in these bad situations? Or could he possibly get off on imposing his will on women?[/quote:21la9bvl]

I didn't say that it was wrong. I said I wish people would stop reading tabloids and taking away from it that what they read was absolute truth without question.

To answer your other questions, it's simple, really. Ben's just the luckiest rapist in the world. ;)

Ok...to bring it back on topic...what I'd like to see from Ben off the field: live your life Ben. It's yours to live and you only get one, so enjoy it. Make wise decisions and stick to your convictions.

SteelAbility
04-16-2010, 08:48 AM
[quote="sd steel":1es3ckj1][quote="stlrz d":1es3ckj1]I'd like to see people stop believing something to be true just because it was in a report.

But that's just me. ;)

Hey D, just curious, what makes you so sure the information is wrong? The police, the DA, the NFL and the Steeler organization all seem to feel there was some truth to it. Aside from that, I know there are gold diggers out there and the media will try to find a train wreck anywhere it can, but with the plethora of professional athletes around, why don't more of the stories appear? How could one guy be such a target that he is named in 2 incidents and possibly a third? Is it just that Ben is the only guy who puts himself in these bad situations? Or could he possibly get off on imposing his will on women?[/quote:1es3ckj1]

I didn't say that it was wrong. I said I wish people would stop reading tabloids and taking away from it that what they read was absolute truth without question.

To answer your other questions, it's simple, really. Ben's just the luckiest rapist in the world. ;)

Ok...to bring it back on topic...what I'd like to see from Ben off the field: live your life Ben. It's yours to live and you only get one, so enjoy it. Make wise decisions and stick to your convictions.[/quote:1es3ckj1]

Sage advice! ;)

Iron Shiek
04-16-2010, 09:04 AM

But that's just me. ;)

Hate to burst your bubble D, but I think at least some of this "Ben is a douchbag" content has some merit. I could care less about this stuff, I'm not into all this "TMZ" style media. But I work with a girl who is a die hard steeler fan (towel hanging in her cube and picture with her and the Bus on her desk) and she has first hand account of how douchey he can be.

Again, this happened a couple years ago she said, I'm sure "most" mid-20's males going out to clubs are trying to take a girl home...whatever. But he definitely isn't squeaky clean....

SteelAbility
04-16-2010, 09:15 AM
[quote="stlrz d":19d4z4q7]I'd like to see people stop believing something to be true just because it was in a report.

But that's just me. ;)

Hate to burst your bubble D, but I think at least some of this "Ben is a douchbag" content has some merit. I could care less about this stuff, I'm not into all this "TMZ" style media. But I work with a girl who is a die hard steeler fan (towel hanging in her cube and picture with her and the Bus on her desk) and she has first hand account of how douchey he can be.

Again, this happened a couple years ago she said, I'm sure "most" mid-20's males going out to clubs are trying to take a girl home...whatever. But he definitely isn't squeaky clean....[/quote:19d4z4q7]

This d-bag thing opens up yet another possibility - i.e. that the girl made it up but only after Ben humiliated her and/or her friends to a boiling point of rage. So, they simply struck back with the only route of recourse they felt was available. In that scenario, Ben would be innocent of physical rape. But humiliating people with your big badass entourage there is a form of mental/social rape (essentially, the message is that I would if I could but my hands are tied by the law).