PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year.

WoodleyofTroy
04-15-2010, 06:38 PM
With Ben at QB, surpassing the Patriots as the most hated team in the NFL.

Good things have to be coming our way (specifically Troy and Aaron Smith staying healthy).

A top talent falling to #18. Trading up in the 2nd round, etc.

Randle El and Foote teaming up with Ward, Farrior, and Hampton, creating a "lets do it for old times sake" winning atmosphere.

Get ready for #7. The QB and the ring.

Sugar
04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
:Agree

Big Ben will go 25-30 for 385 yards and Four TD's- and Limas Sweed will be MVP of the SB for catching three of them.

hawaiiansteel
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
here's hoping a top talent falls to us in the 5th round... :D

NW Steeler
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Either that or we will trade Ben for a fifth round pick.

:moon

WoodleyofTroy
04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
here's hoping a top talent falls to us in the 5th round... :D

ha, nice.

WoodleyofTroy
04-15-2010, 06:48 PM

We already have too many 5th's. It would send a wrong message as being greedy.

It would be for a 6th.

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm contemplating putting a few dollars down on a SB victory....

We respond well to negativity.

NW Steeler
04-15-2010, 06:59 PM

We already have too many 5th's. It would send a wrong message as being greedy.

It would be for a 6th.

Good one!

:Cheers

JTP53609
04-16-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm contemplating putting a few dollars down on a SB victory....

We respond well to negativity.

well we if we can get a super bowl this year than at least I know I can travel and stay busy with no reason to watch football for 2012, becasue we know how to steelers respond to winning super bowls....that and there also may be no football

flippy
04-16-2010, 08:06 AM
i agree

aggiebones
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I really hope the Steelers push Troy, Aaron and Hines alot this year. I think if we can keep Ben in the background, it behooves us.
I guarantee that Ben will not be voted the team captain this year, so that helps.

SteelAbility
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought we weren't going to finish better than 8-8. :roll:

Hopefully we can get Woodley mic'd up in the Super Bowl and hear him say, "Take my shots, you bitches!" :P

Sugar
04-16-2010, 04:06 PM
The Steelers should have a real shot this year if we can keep our people healthy and improve the defensive backfield.

AngryAsian
04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I disagree. We have a lot of work to get done and a lot of variables have been thrown into the mix that might impede the 7th ring acquisition.

Sugar
04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
I disagree. We have a lot of work to get done and a lot of variables have been thrown into the mix that might impede the 7th ring acquisition.

While it's true that losing Holmes hurts us badly, if we can improve our DB we can still be in good shape. Of course, we just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Remember last year? Everyone thought we'd be after #7 because we had overcome so much to reach #6 and all the cards seemed to have fallen in our favor. I guess that's why they play the games.

AngryAsian
04-16-2010, 04:30 PM

While it's true that losing Holmes hurts us badly, if we can improve our DB we can still be in good shape. Of course, we just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Remember last year? Everyone thought we'd be after #7 because we had overcome so much to reach #6 and all the cards seemed to have fallen in our favor. I guess that's why they play the games.

We surely are capable... I think every season we are capable. I just think the rest of this offseason will really reveal what the season will entail. The big question mark of our DBs and line play seem minute in comparison to how the coaches and players will respond to this obvious huge distraction. Plus going into the season without our most productive receiver in a Fun-N-Gun offense has me scratching my head. I pray for the best and prep for the worst.

Sugar
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM

We surely are capable... I think every season we are capable. I just think the rest of this offseason will really reveal what the season will entail. The big question mark of our DBs and line play seem minute in comparison to how the coaches and players will respond to this obvious huge distraction. Plus going into the season without our most productive receiver in a Fun-N-Gun offense has me scratching my head. I pray for the best and prep for the worst.

That's usually the best way to handle things, IMO. The question mark around the DB's won't seem minute if they're blowing games again. Some people really wanted to see us establish the run more- it appears as though there won't be much choice on that anymore.