PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney to hold PC at 230

JAR
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
today to discuss the Ben situation

Shawn
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
What a crappy day to be going out of town. I hope I can find internet access. I hope this isn't a trade chat.

Jom112
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Over/Under 1.5 game suspension. Place your bets...

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm going with the over. I really think it is going to be a two-game suspension, but wouldn't be shocked if it was 3 or 4.

Shawn
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm hoping for a 2 game suspension. I will be disappointed if he doesn't get any suspension. He needs one for acting like a douche. And the Steelers need to do it because they can't appear to tolerate nonsense.

Jom112
04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
After early betting, the line has been adjusted to 2 games... :lol:

snarky
04-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll still take the over on the adjusted line.

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Cool, got my bet in while the betting was good. :)

Jom112
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM

Cool, got my bet in while the betting was good. :)

I'm in a bit of a quandary here. On the one had I would love to see Ben suspended for multiple games. On the other I would clean up if it's just 1 game or none... :lol:

JAR
04-15-2010, 12:16 PM
He may discuss the suspension, but only if he knows Goodell's plan. I'm sure he's addressing the media to put an end to the trade rumors, etc and to say that they stand behind Ben and for the media to just STFU about it and quit spreading the false information that they are. :)

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
You know the weird part . . . when I turned the TV on Monday to watch the DA presser, even though I knew what he was going to say because of the earlier reports, I actually got nervous. I feel the same way about this. How sad is it that I get nervous about these things?

Jom112
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
@JasonLaCanfora Art Rooney is merely meeting the medai today. No announcement to be made. Big Ben suspension likely to come after draft, as we've reported

Betting lines have been closed...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I think it would be more accurate adjusting the line to 3.5. Rooneys are not happy and all the eyes of the league are on them. 4 games won't even come close to showing the anger & disappointment the Rooneys feel. From a PR standpoint, the Steelers organization took a step trading Santonio for peanuts. Taking severe action in house against Roethlisberger would be a leap. 2 games or less will be frowned upon by many.

Honestly, after the 1st incident, even if this was a charge of serving alcohol to a minor & no sexual assault allegations...What do you think he would get? Remember the Pac Man meetings and how he lied? The league investigators have all the details from the case. They know the specifics. Ben serving a minor was proven not charged. There is other information that we don't know that the League knows & Ben had to admit to the Commish. Conduct policy does not have to come from charges. What ever Ben did that was in that case file was brought up, discussed, and Goodell asked the question. There is a reason why the league & the Steelers organization is irate. They know the details that we can only speculate on. They know everything because a player has to divulge everything. That wasn't a court room...It was the league office. Ben couldn't look at his attorney after Goodell asked a question and the lawyer responded, "No comment."
"Go Dixon" for 4 games....I would be surprised if it was less.

calmkiller
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't bet, but 2 games min is what needs handed down.

SteelBucks
04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
He may discuss the suspension, but only if he knows Goodell's plan. I'm sure he's addressing the media to put an end to the trade rumors, etc and to say that they stand behind Ben and for the media to just STFU about it and quit spreading the false information that they are. :)

John Clayton thought Goodell would wait until after the draft to announce Ben's punishment. Guess we might find out today.....

birtikidis
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Reportedly Rooney isn't going to discuss the possible suspension.. from three source: clayton, Schefter and Wingo

aggiebones
04-15-2010, 12:42 PM
I could see zero, if the facts are relayed to the Commish and nothing is really there.
Or 2 games if its something shady bu that's it.
Or 4 games if the Commish thinks Ben may have gotten away with somethng in the courts.

But I'm scared of a big slapdown. I don't believe it will happen, but I'll be glad when the PC is over. From 0-4 is fine. We'll get some good things out of it. We'll find out if Dixon can develop or if he's a waste of time. If we can squeeze a couple wins out of it, then that has value.
Biggest problem is if Ben comes out cold and rusty in game 5 and we lose that game.
This is also a good chance to scare the defense into knowing that they better be ready. And we'll be forced to develop a running game early that may help carry us later in the season.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM

If Rooney says the Steelers "Stand behind Ben", I guess they will also be announcing the signing of Pac Man Jones, the trading of a 2nd round pick to the Bengals for Matt Jones, and trading a 1st in 2010 & next years 1st to Washington for Haynesworth. Ben has a long way to go to earn the support of the Rooneys.

steelblood
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Gooddell waiting to announce the suspension until after the draft is completely bogus. The Steelers need to start planning for the season now. It is a big difference if ben is out for 1-2 or more than four. Gooddell knows what he wants to do. It needs to be done in the next couple of days.

I'm sure Art is meeting with the media to

1. Express concern and disappointment
2. Announce that Ben is going nowhere

Slapstick
04-15-2010, 01:06 PM
The Steelers may announce their "in house" punishment, though I am still not certain that any is warranted...acting like a douchebag isn't suspension worthy, IMO...

Goodell will probably decide that the Steelers' punishment is sufficient, especially since no charges were filed and the league's personal conduct policy specifically states that charges must be filed...

steelblood
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Gooddell waiting to announce the suspension until after the draft is completely bogus. The Steelers need to start planning for the season now. It is a big difference if ben is out for 1-2 or more than four. Gooddell knows what he wants to do. It needs to be done in the next couple of days.

I think Art is meeting with the media to

1. Express more concern and disappointment

In effect, he won't say much of anything.

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
the league's personal conduct policy specifically states that charges must be filed...

It doesn't say that at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

Goodell strengthens NFL personal conduct policy
Updated 4/11/2007

NEW YORK (AP) ó NFL teams will be disciplined when their employees, including players, violate the league's personal conduct policy.

Moments after announcing the one-year suspension of Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, and an eight-game ban for Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell released his strengthened conduct policy Tuesday. Along with longer suspensions and larger fines for individuals who violate the policy, Goodell will hold teams responsible, as well.

He did not say how he would punish those teams, although stripping them of draft choices is considered one of the most effective ways to do so.

"It is important that the NFL be represented consistently by outstanding people as well as great football players, coaches, and staff," Goodell said. "We hold ourselves to higher standards of responsible conduct because of what it means to be part of the National Football League. We have long had policies and programs designed to encourage responsible behavior, and this policy is a further step in ensuring that everyone who is part of the NFL meets that standard. We will continue to review the policy and modify it as warranted."

The strengthened standards apply to all NFL employees: players, coaches, officials, owners, front-office and league personnel. And Goodell emphasized in the new policy that those standards will be considerably tighter than outside the league.

"It is not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime," the new policy says. "Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.

"Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime."

The new policy comes in the wake of a series of off-field issues involving several players, notably Jones, Henry and Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson.

There were 10 occasions in which Jones was interviewed by police, the most recent during the NBA All-Star weekend in Las Vegas. Police there recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones after a fight and shooting at a strip club left one man paralyzed.

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, and received a two-game league suspension last year. He was one of nine Bengals arrested in nine months. Johnson currently is in jail, serving four months for violating probation in a 2005 gun case.

Two of Henry's teammates, along with NFL Players Association executive director Gene Upshaw, recognized the need for stronger league guidelines for player conduct.

"You would think it's necessary just because of the negative publicity the NFL is beginning to receive because of what's happening," said Bengals receiver T. J. Houshmandzadeh. "It was going on for an extended period of time. Each day, each week, something was happening."

Added Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer: "I think it will (help). With all of the things that have been happening recently, I think it will be good and hopefully give the league a little better image. I hope that it works and that guys abide by the rules and do what's right."

So does Upshaw, of course. He consulted with Goodell before the commissioner, now in his seventh month on the job, revised the conduct policy. Goodell also established a panel of players to offer advice on such matters.

"The NFL Players Association and the Player Advisory Council have been discussing this issue for several months," Upshaw said. "We believe that these are steps that the commissioner needs to take and we support the policy. It is important that players in violation of the policy will have the opportunity and the support to change their conduct and earn their way back."

Tony Dungy said placing responsibility on the teams for their players and employees makes sense, even if it results in penalties that affect more than the wallet.

"That seems to be the thing that gets everyone's attention," the coach of the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts said of potentially lost draft picks and player availability. "We talked about fines at the league meetings, and that may not do the trick. But when you start talking about playing time and draft picks, that seems to get your attention."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2007-04-10-new-conduct-policy_N.htm

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM

If the league doesn't suspend Ben, I suspect that the team will anyway, so it really doesn't make a difference whether or not Goodell makes his decision until after the draft, since the Rooneys should know what their own decision regarding Ben will be already (I don't expect them to announce it at the press conference today, though).

Oviedo
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I'd like to have the league give him 2 and then the Rooney's add 1 more. That would be about right in my mind.

phillyesq
04-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Schefter doesn't think that the press conference today will deal with a suspension. Not saying whether or not there will be a suspension, just that it won't be addressed today.

PSU_dropout43
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
1 game suspension.

And Ben can serve it after a concussion. :D

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I would rather have the Rooney's suspend him. League suspension removes him from the facility from the Monday before week one regular season until the Monday following his supension. If Rooney suspends him, he could make him participate fully. Practice as the #3 QB. Make him be on the sideline gamedays in street clothes. Rooney would have to pay him and I don't believe the union would have any grounds for appeal unless Ben himself files a grievance. I could only speculate Ben wouldn't object...Might not be in his best interest to make waves.

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I think it would be smart to beat Goodell to the punch with a 2 game suspension.

I think Goodell would be OK with it. Too many teams try to skirt the suspension and Goodell swoops in and lays down the law.

birtikidis
04-15-2010, 01:46 PM
I think it would be smart to beat Goodell to the punch with a 2 game suspension.

I think Goodell would be OK with it. Too many teams try to skirt the suspension and Goodell swoops in and lays down the law.
I think maybe the team and the league could get a little creative with this. Team suspends him for 2 maybe 3 games. Ben is still responsible for coming to work. Goddell fines him. I'd be happy with that.

calmkiller
04-15-2010, 02:19 PM
PFT Reports.

Mor: Rooney won't announce discipline of Roethlisberger
Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2010 2:09 PM ET
In less than 30 minutes (unless he's on Tannenbaum time), Steelers president Art Rooney will meet the media to provide an update regarding the status of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Rooney will not announce punishment of Roethlisberger at that time.

So what will Rooney say? It's presently unclear, but if they don't plan to trade Roethlisberger, Rooney needs to make that point, loudly and clearly.

In Pittsburgh, the media has been talking incessantly about a possible trade. Apparently, the Steelers have said nothing privately to any of them indicating that Ben isn't available. One high-level source with another team agrees that the lack of any effort by the Steelers to address the matter via off-the-record communications to the press represents either a genuine interest by the Steelers to move Roethlisberger -- or complete mismanagement of the situation.

"You've got to nip that talk in the bud," the source said, if the Steelers don't plan to trade their two-time Super Bowl winner.

Report: Steelers would "listen intently" to Roethlisberger offers
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 15, 2010 1:41 PM ET
The Ben Roethlisberger trade rumors thus far have been bogus. That doesn't mean the Steelers aren't open to dealing their quarterback.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Steelers had have "significant internal discussions" about possibly dealing Roethlisberger. They haven't spoken to any teams, but La Canfora's source says the team "would listen intently" if other teams called.

The Steelers reportedly think Sam Bradford is a "sure thing" but figure the Rams would have "limited interest" in Roethlisberger. The team is also "skeptical" other teams would take on Roethlisberger considering his baggage.

We're not so sure about that; Brandon Marshall just got $50 million.

If this report is accurate, there are plenty of teams that should have significant interest in Roethlisberger. But the Steelers won't just dump him. They apparently want someone else to make the first move.

"This is not a case of having to get rid of this guy," La Canfora's source said. "There would have to be fair value."

Maybe this leak is just aimed at getting Roethlisberger to realize he's not bigger than the team, but we doubt it. The next week is going to be really interesting. Heck, this afternoon should be fascinating.

Your move, Art Rooney.

NWNewell
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Over/Under 1.5 game suspension. Place your bets...

As long as the decisions doesn't have to come out of this specific press conference: OVER... how much can I bet?

cruzer8
04-15-2010, 02:34 PM

That's what my money is on.

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Rooney's are accepting Ben's commitment to the team.

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:35 PM

That's exactly what he did.

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Only disciplinary action depending on what the commish says.

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
He thinks the teams image may have taken a hit, but wants to move forward, with Ben.

They have NOT discussed a trade with any other club. See media sheeple, BS, again!

cruzer8
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM

:Clap

And for all the trade talkers: HA HA!

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:42 PM

:Clap

And for all the trade talkers: HA HA!

The haters are going to have to keep on hating. :)

SteelBucks
04-15-2010, 02:48 PM

From Art Rooney's PC: "Mr. Rooney said it seemed likely the discipline would be announced after the NFL draft."

ROLROC
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Let it be known, I want Ben as our QB.

In Rooney's PC, he stated that there have not been trade talks with other teams. However, I got the impression that there have been internal trade talks as suggested by NFL.com. I did not get the emphatic FO backing for Ben I had wished for.

JAR
04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney, II

Thank you for being here.

Let me start with an update of Ben Roethlisbergerís situation.

As you know, on Tuesday Ben met with Commissioner Goodell in New York. Since then I have talked with the Commissioner about his review of this matter. As far as the timing of any disciplinary action, the Commissioner has told me he would like to take at least a couple weeks to review this matter. So, I donít expect we will be announcing any final decisions until the week after the draft, at the earliest.

Next, I want to say that I have informed the Commissioner that the Pittsburgh Steelers are prepared to take disciplinary action at this point. However, I want to make clear that any discipline will be agreed to and coordinated between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Commissioner. In other words, there will not be two separate decisions on discipline.

Let me say at this point that we believe that each of our players not only has a responsibility to live up to the highest standards on the field, but also to equally high standards off the field. Receiving the support of the Pittsburgh Steelers fans all over the world is something that must be earned.

I have made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We have made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions, and Ben has indicated to us that he is willing to accept those consequences.

As you maybe aware, Ben has rejoined the team in participating in our offseason conditioning program. We allowed Ben to do this after we were convinced that he was sincerely contrite for his past behavior, as well having Benís assurance that he is firmly committed to working hard everyday to regain the trust and respect of this organization and Steelers fans.

After imposing an appropriate level of discipline and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be successful as a player and a person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us he is the teammate and citizen we all believe he is capable of being. And we hope the entire Steelers community will allow Ben the opportunity to prove to them that he deserves their trust and their respect.

I would also like to address the Santonio Holmes trade to the New York Jets. Trading players or releasing players is never an easy decision. We have to take into account a number of factors. First and foremost, we must evaluate if that player is truly committed to trying to live up to the standards we expect. And, on occasion, when a player makes a mistake, we have to evaluate whether the player is committed to taking the required steps to improve in the future.

As you can imagine, to keep our commitment to our fans to consistently put the best possible team on the field, we must also evaluate a playerís likely contribution both in short term and the long term. Clearly Santonio is a very talented football player. But his multiple violations of League policies, and the additional off-the-field problems lead us to conclude that it would be in the best interest of our organization to part ways. I wish Santonio all the best and I hope he is able to do what is necessary to be successful both on and off the field.

Are there any questions?

steelblood
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Rooney didn't deny they had internal discussions about trading him. That was all the report said. Everyone needs to relax around here. Ben is here for now. But, he is on a short leash.

NW Steeler
04-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Whew! Now I guess we don't need to worry about getting that 5th round pick in exchange!

:roll:

You know who you are.

Ghost
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I consider the Rooney's to be shrewd business men as well as being people who live by the "to those whom are given much; much is expected". I think they take their roles as a cornerstone franchise and ownership very seriously. I don't doubt for a second they'd trade away a franchise QB if they thought it was appropriate.

With that said, if they choose to keep Ben then I have the faith they haven't "sold out" for wins and are making a sound decision based on seeing something in Ben that is redeemable. They've met with him, laid out specific guidlines and are comfortable with keeping him on the team. If they are good with him staying I certainly won't question that judgement.

calmkiller
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Are there any questions?

Well were there any questions? And what were they?

SteelAbility
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Glad to hear the Steelers are committed to keeping Ben and working with him. This totally rocks! I don't want a trade, but I do feel there is a point at which it's worth it if necessary. Ben is now going to have earn length on his leash. It went from pretty long to real short in a hurry. Here's to hoping the leash length grows.

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 03:31 PM

As you know, on Tuesday Ben met with Commissioner Goodell in New York. Since then I have talked with the Commissioner about his review of this matter. As far as the timing of any disciplinary action, the Commissioner has told me he would like to take at least a couple weeks to review this matter. So, I donít expect we will be announcing any final decisions until the week after the draft, at the earliest.

Next, I want to say that I have informed the Commissioner that the Pittsburgh Steelers are prepared to take disciplinary action at this point. However, I want to make clear that any discipline will be agreed to and coordinated between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Commissioner. In other words, there will not be two separate decisions on discipline.

Let me say at this point that we believe that each of our players not only has a responsibility to live up to the highest standards on the field, but also to equally high standards off the field. Receiving the support of the Pittsburgh Steelers fans all over the world is something that must be earned.

I have made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We have made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions, and Ben has indicated to us that he is willing to accept those consequences.

As you maybe aware, Ben has rejoined the team in participating in our offseason conditioning program. We allowed Ben to do this after we were convinced that he was sincerely contrite for his past behavior, as well having Benís assurance that he is firmly committed to working hard everyday to regain the trust and respect of this organization and Steelers fans.

I thought Ben could do as he pleases off the field? Who do these Rooneys think they are? :stirpot

JAR
04-15-2010, 03:41 PM

I thought Ben could do as he pleases off the field? Who do these Rooneys think they are? :stirpot

The DA found no wrong doing in accordance with the law of the land. Had the media not made the issue they did, I have a feeling there would have been no discipline.

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
After imposing an appropriate level of discipline and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be successful as a player and a person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us he is the teammate and citizen we all believe he is capable of being. And we hope the entire Steelers community will allow Ben the opportunity to prove to them that he deserves their trust and their respect.

I was watching the NFLN broadcast, and I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle jason lacanfora and Rich Eisen. They heard what they wanted to hear, but missed this part. . . . intend to allow Ben the opportunity WITH US he is the TEAMMATE and citizen we all believe he is capable of being. And we hope the entire STEELERS COMMUNITY will allow Ben the opportunity to prove TO THEM that he deserves THEIR trust and THEIR respect.

Seriously, which part of that did they misconstrue into thinking Ben was possibly being traded because of what happened in Georgia? Now, if they were to go on and say "if he does anything else . . .'; but they were talking trade now. I thoguht it was pretty clear there would be a suspension of some kind then Ben would return to the team. :roll:

JAR
04-15-2010, 03:52 PM

I was watching the NFLN broadcast, and I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle jason lacanfora and Rich Eisen. They heard what they wanted to hear, but missed this part. . . . intend to allow Ben the opportunity WITH US he is the TEAMMATE and citizen we all believe he is capable of being. And we hope the entire STEELERS COMMUNITY will allow Ben the opportunity to prove TO THEM that he deserves THEIR trust and THEIR respect.

Seriously, which part of that did they misconstrue into thinking Ben was possibly being traded because of what happened in Georgia? Now, if they were to go on and say "if he does anything else . . .'; but they were talking trade now. I thoguht it was pretty clear there would be a suspension of some kind then Ben would return to the team. :roll:

The media is nothing but one big tabloid, ruining lives, one person at a time, eff them all.

aggiebones
04-15-2010, 03:53 PM
People will read extra stuff into this if they want.
Rooneys are going to let him try and work things out for himself with some help. They put him in positions to succeed. If he runs off again, he'll be gone.
I don't think he minced words at all. I think he believes Ben has the capability to resurrect his image. And he's been around and watched. He's seen it happen many times and the Rooneys aren't rash. People may thing they are rash, but they aren't.
The Holmes thing was already long in conversation, not just a weekend knee jerk reaction. Holmes has been sinking for ages and ignoring the Steelers.

RKSteel
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Whew! Now I guess we don't need to worry about getting that 5th round pick in exchange!

You know who you are.
A 5th is pretty high, a future undisclosed draft choice and some beef jerky sounds about right. :lol:

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM
People will read extra stuff into this if they want.
Rooneys are going to let him try and work things out for himself with some help. They put him in positions to succeed. If he runs off again, he'll be gone.
I don't think he minced words at all. I think he believes Ben has the capability to resurrect his image. And he's been around and watched. He's seen it happen many times and the Rooneys aren't rash. People may thing they are rash, but they aren't.
The Holmes thing was already long in conversation, not just a weekend knee jerk reaction. Holmes has been sinking for ages and ignoring the Steelers.

And that last part of your statement right there is the reason Santonio will be smoking his weed in New York instead of Pittsburgh. There is no Zero tollerence policy with the Steelers. They will try to work with you on first and maybe even second offense as long as you are willing to work with them. Ben, Jeff Reed and Harrison are, Santonio wasn't.

SteelAbility
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
What I REALLY do like here is that the Rooney's reaction seems to indicate that they don't believe Ben is guilty of sexual assault. I couldn't see them saying anything positive whatsoever about a future with Ben if they believed that. Given that their knowledge of this situation is probably 2nd only to Ben's, it gives me much more confidence here.

Sugar
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM
The DA found no wrong doing in accordance with the law of the land. Had the media not made the issue they did, I have a feeling there would have been no discipline.

Exactly. My opinion is that they are more concerned about the embarassment of this than anything else.

"We don't care that you haven't been charged with anything. We don't care that those who have accused you have been shown to be either nuts or drunks who couldn't keep their story straight. The simple fact that you have been accused and the media has made a big stink about it embarasses us and we can't have that!"

steelblood
04-15-2010, 04:50 PM
What I REALLY do like here is that the Rooney's reaction seems to indicate that they don't believe Ben is guilty of sexual assault. I couldn't see them saying anything positive whatsoever about a future with Ben if they believed that. Given that their knowledge of this situation is probably 2nd only to Ben's, it gives me much more confidence here.

What? That is quite an assumption.

birtikidis
04-15-2010, 05:01 PM

I was waiting for Art to say something like this "well we're aware that the DA hasn't pressed charges because he couldn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. After careful deliberation among myself, the coaching staff, and the guys at NFLN, we have decided that Ben did probably rape this girl. he probably also is a serial killer and he likes to molest children. we feel that it would be best to get rid of ben as fast as we can since these opinions have surfaced"

Wolfhound45
04-15-2010, 05:18 PM

You know who you are.
A 5th is pretty high, a future undisclosed draft choice and some beef jerky sounds about right. :lol:

No trade! If there is no Bubble Yum involved we are walking!

:twisted:

http://www.candyfavorites.com/pi/1112.jpg

SteelAbility
04-15-2010, 05:41 PM

You know who you are.

Yeah! And no pre-smushed packages of Bubble Yum neither! :wink:

Chadman
04-15-2010, 06:21 PM

I was waiting for Art to say something like this "well we're aware that the DA hasn't pressed charges because he couldn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. After careful deliberation among myself, the coaching staff, and the guys at NFLN, we have decided that Ben did probably rape this girl. he probably also is a serial killer and he likes to molest children. we feel that it would be best to get rid of ben as fast as we can since these opinions have surfaced"

:D

Steel Life
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM

The media is nothing but one big tabloid, ruining lives, one person at a time, eff them all.
Eisen doesn't like anything Steeler & LaCanfora is desperately trying to live up to the standard Schefter set & tries to make everything sensational.

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 07:31 PM

nah......If Ben didn't have the McNulty case and this was the first accusation there would be no discipline.

Getting another accusation is what has Goodell and the Rooneys concerned.

Wolfhound45
04-16-2010, 10:17 PM

You know who you are.

Yeah! And no pre-smushed packages of Bubble Yum neither! :wink:

:Agree

Have to agree. Pre-smushed is definitely a deal killer.