PDA

View Full Version : Ramblin Jim's mock draft version.....

ramblinjim
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
well, I've done too many... Fact is, I'm tired of talking and hearing about Ben.

1.) Rolando McClain, Alabama ILB - he falls because he fits well with a 3-4, Denver has a WR & NT need, Miami has a NT need and those teams will draft for need. McClain will rotate in the mix in 2010 and in 2011 assuming there is football, Timmons moves over to the "Mack" role when Farrior retires, McClain is the "Buck" and Foote rotates.

2.) Terrence Cody, Alabama DT - We are going to give someone two of our fifth round picks and our seventh round pick to move up in the second round a couple of spots to get Mount Cody. Dan Williams may go first but from the hi-lights I've seen (and they've only been hi-lights) this kid is the baddest NT prospect in the draft. Partnering up with his buddy McClain will only help matters. If we can't move up or if San Diego takes him in round one, I'm thinking LinVal Joseph, same big SOB right here.

3.) Akwasi Owusu - Ansah, Indiana PA CB - He may not fall to us in the third round, I've seen a couple of mocks with him in the second. If not, I think we either take the next best secondary player on our draft board or we go.........

3.) Joe Webb, UAB WR - With the loss of Holmes we need another WR to groom behind Ward and Wallace. This kid is big, strong and fast, could be a replacement for Sweed.

4.) Ciron Black, LSU G - I don't think our coaches think our Oline is as bad as everyone else does. Which means the first two picks are going to be O-linemen probably. Black is big, strong and played in a good system at LSU. He'll add some depth and push Urbick (maybe push him out?)

5.) Deji Karim, Southern Illiniois RB - I've beem pimpin' this young man for a bit and we may not get him, saw him in a couple of 4th round mocks. 5'9, 209 pounds, ran a sub 4.4 40 at the Northwestern University pro day and he averaged 7 yards a carry last year for the Salukis. IIRC SIU made it to the second or third round of the I-AA playoffs last year too.

5b.) Nolan Carroll, MD CB - He's moving up draft boards with some excellent numbers, if he's here at the end of the 5th round, we snatch him up. He's 6 ft tall, 204 pounds, we love bigger corners, he ran a 4.37 40 at his pro day and benched 225 17 times. That doesn't mean he can catch but he can at least run guys down!

6.) Aleric Mullins, NC DT - 6th round picks are kind of a crap shoot anyway, Mullins has good size at 6-1 319, and ran a sub 5.0 40 yard dash and did 35 reps on the bench. Those are pretty decent measurables, which means the Raiders will take him in the 3rd.

7.) Brandon Sharpe, Texas Tech DE / OLB - he's moving up some draft boards too, I've seen him in the 5th, if he's around when we pick in the 7th, he's worth a 7th rounder to add some depth.

NW Steeler
04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
If they draft Cody they better plan on putting him on a serious conditioning program,. That guy will flame out pretty quick if he goes on in the kind of shape that he is in. I have never seen an athlete look as bad as he does. And yes, not all athletes look "pretty" but that guy is seriously obese and it will affect his performance.

ramblinjim
04-15-2010, 12:25 PM
NW Steeler - You may be right on the money, I'm guessing that most of the NFL NT's have to be watched pretty carefully but Tomlin could get big Snack into "shape", why not Mount Cody.

calmkiller
04-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Why do we have 2 third round picks in your mock?

Oviedo
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Love #1 pick. Hate the #2 pick. I'd reverse what you have and take a CB in Round 2 and Torrell Troup for NT in Round 3.

Troup will be a better player for a longer period of time.

Cody will flame out early IMO either becaue of conditioning or injury.

Sugar
04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not at all against Cody if we could get him in the second round.

ramblinjim
04-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Sorry Calm Killer, my two threes are a "this guy" or "This guy".