PDA

View Full Version : To all of you actually in/near Pittsburgh: What's the pulse?

RussBII
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I've now read about 3 or 4 articles about how Ben has "lost the city."

Is this just media overreaction/sensationalism, or is that the general vibe?

pfelix73
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, right now- the media aren't giving him any breaks thats for sure. As far as the city goes- I think the majority- me NOT included- are just embarrassed by what he's supposedly done. Especially after all the one-sided details came out on Monday. Personally, I believe there are 2 sides to every story and also remember that it 'takes 2 to tango' if you know what I mean. I think the civil part of all this is past too. Probably only have to worry about the situation out west now.

In time, this will all die down just like the Tiger Woods thing. Starting to wonder if Ben is becoming a victim himself in all of this. WE NEED TO MOVE ON.

nuff said.
:tt1

calmkiller
04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Personally, I believe there are 2 sides to every story and also remember that it 'takes 2 to tango' if you know what I mean.

I am pretty sure that is why this was such a big deal. It didn't really take two to tango....that's why he was in trouble.

SteelAbility
04-15-2010, 11:39 AM
It takes two to tango, yes. But the assumption is that there is a tango. That's where virtually all of the uncertainty lies right now.

RussBII
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, right now- the media aren't giving him any breaks thats for sure. As far as the city goes- I think the majority- me NOT included- are just embarrassed by what he's supposedly done. Especially after all the one-sided details came out on Monday. Personally, I believe there are 2 sides to every story and also remember that it 'takes 2 to tango' if you know what I mean. I think the civil part of all this is past too. Probably only have to worry about the situation out west now.

In time, this will all die down just like the Tiger Woods thing. Starting to wonder if Ben is becoming a victim himself in all of this. WE NEED TO MOVE ON.

nuff said.
:tt1

Thanks for the input. I miss living up there for several reasons and Steelers news/gossip/feelings is certainly one of them.

JAR
04-15-2010, 11:58 AM
The media and a lot of fans are killing him, but it is Pittsburgh and he is a QB. So far, no Ben is gay rumors and they haven't trashed his yard... :)

proudpittsburgher
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
The media an d a lot of fans are killing him, but it is Pittsburgh and he is a QB. So far, no Ben is gay rumors and they haven't trashing his yard... :)

Well, he hasn't had a three INT game yet this season. :)

D Rock
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Everyone I've talked to is sick of his crap and wouldn't care if he's traded.

Most of these people have daughtes around 20 years old and think of it in those terms. Consider this...Ben has a little sister 7 years younger than himself...he took a girl younger than her into a bathroom at a bar.

JAR
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Most of these people have daughtes around 20 years old and think of it in those terms. Consider this...Ben has a little sister 7 years younger than himself...he took a girl younger than her into a bathroom at a bar.

That isn't that big an age difference. My dad is ten years older than my mom, is my dad some kind of pervert? My sister is 8 years older than my BIL and they met in a bar, she was Ben's age and he was the accusers age. My daughter and all of her friends (19-21 year olds) think Ben really didn't do anything wrong. They said you see a lot worse in college bars than what Ben was alleged to do.

flippy
04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Everyone will love him when he wins another SuperBowl.

What's with all of Pittsburgh acting holier than thou? It's crazy.

Seems unfairly judgemental.

frankthetank1
04-15-2010, 03:51 PM

That isn't that big an age difference. My dad is ten years older than my mom, is my dad some kind of pervert? My sister is 8 years older than my BIL and they met in a bar, she was Ben's age and he was the accusers age. My daughter and all of her friends (19-21 year olds) think Ben really didn't do anything wrong. They said you see a lot worse in college bars than what Ben was alleged to do.

its not a big age difference. i am 6 years older than my wife and most people assume we are the same age because of her maturity. it is kind of odd he would have anything to do with a girl younger than his sister though. my sister is 9 years older and i never would have anything to do with women her age or older because that is strange imo. if she was 9 years younger than that would be my cutoff going in that direction.

papillon
04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

The Steelers are like children to the people of Pittsburgh we expect proper behavior. I don't believe it's a holier than thou attitude particularly when the behavior is rather classless and in bad taste. Steeler fans deserve better and Bern should do better.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM

its not a big age difference. i am 6 years older than my wife and most people assume we are the same age because of her maturity. it is kind of odd he would have anything to do with a girl younger than his sister though. my sister is 9 years older and i never would have anything to do with women her age or older because that is strange imo. if she was 9 years younger than that would be my cutoff going in that direction.

I think most people assume you are the same age because of your immaturity. :wink:

JAR
04-15-2010, 04:27 PM

And no one has heard anything but the prosecutions side of the story! I assume Goodell is getting Ben's side before he hands down whatever if any, punishment.

SteelAbility
04-15-2010, 04:34 PM

Did she buy a bunch of guys shots and invite the bitches to take them? :P (That's a razz, not an invitation to fight) 8)

JAR
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Did she buy a bunch of guys shots and invite the bitches to take them? :P (That's a razz, not an invitation to fight) 8)

She probably did! :D