PDA

View Full Version : charlie

NJ-STEELER
04-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Lions quarterback Charlie Batch, ex-Jet receiver Dedric Ward and two other pro football players are accused of drugging and raping a woman in a lawsuit filed in Las Vegas yesterday.

In the complaint, Lisa Harden of Seattle accuses Batch, Ward, Lions safety Ron Rice and former Lions defensive back Tyree Talton of giving her a drink believed to be spiked with the date-rape drug GHB at Mandalay Bay Hotel, then sexually assaulting her during the evening of May 6, 2000.

"My client was attacked violently and relentlessly for many hours," said John Lukens, an attorney for Harden, a 35-year-old sales representative. "The drugs left her incapacitated and vulnerable. As she pleaded for her safety, they continued to accost her."

The four players were never charged with a crime. "I vehemently deny the allegations," Batch said in a statement. "The police investigated in May 2000 and found nothing illegal took place. These accusations are just another example of how success in sports makes someone a target."

stlrz d
04-14-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/spo ... _accu.html (http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/2001/12/21/2001-12-21_dedric__batch__2_others_accu.html)

phillyesq
04-14-2010, 11:50 PM
This article is from 2001. Where is all this old stuff coming from?

stlrz d
04-15-2010, 07:49 AM

I can't speak for NJ, but I took it as, "See, this can happen to anyone."

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM

Charlie appreciates the digging... :roll:

NJ-STEELER
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
if the steeelr organization indeed doesn't put up with stuff like this, why would they go out and sign charlie.

at the least, the man was involved in a gang bang.... no? "My client was attacked violently and relentlessly for many hours" or is that called running a train on her

plus, if some are gonna take the accuser's word in the ben case (even though charges weren't filed)

why wouldn't we take this woman's word of the account despite charges not being filed

or maybe, just maybe, the last line batch says in the article is true

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
It happens.... only a fool would think it doesn't. Sometimes the girls are willing and sometimes they are not.

Our FO implied it was "kinda OK" for James Harrison to choke his chick because it was over a baptism... we will put up with nonsense if it helps us win games. If Santonio had 3 years left on his contract he would still be here.

NJ-STEELER
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
i know

ben would had been better off if he told rooney he was trying to baptize that chick in the commode

JAR
04-15-2010, 09:20 PM
all of this happens a lot, there have been stories about Hines and women over the years from the South Side. Ben just doesn't think with his head. :)

SteelerNation1
04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
i know

ben would had been better off if he told rooney he was trying to baptize that chick in the commode
I know I should not be laughing HARD right now...but damn, that is funny. :lol: