PDA

View Full Version : Ok new thread topic!!

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
There are some here complaining about all the same Ben Roethlisberger topics yet if we take a look at what else is on the first page we find….

Steelers like Benn?

Michael Wilbon on the Steelers

ESPN insider...

PS Mock Draft...Trade now! Trade now! Hurry don't miss it!

Steelers showing interest in.....

Steelers earning back respect after players' misdeeds

NFL Schedule release this Week

Dan Pompei: Rating the Top Offensive Tackles

And just how many responses/replies are on all of these other threads combined? A total of 16.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
There are some here complaining about all the same Ben Roethlisberger topics yet if we take a look at what else is on the first page we find….

Steelers like Benn?

ESPN insider...

And just how many responses/replies are on all of these other threads combined? A total of 16.

That must mean that the people who want to talk about Ben are actually able to find the Around the NFL forum to do so! It's not hard. Really. Just a couple of clicks. If people want to talk about Ben, they can figure out how to get there. And they are doing it! Hooray!

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Steelers like Benn?

ESPN insider...

That must mean that the people who want to talk about Ben are actually able to find the Around the NFL forum to do so! It's not hard. Really. Just a couple of clicks. If people want to talk about Ben, they can figure out how to get there. And they are doing it! Hooray!
and you know what RB! there aren't 19 exactly similar threads on each one of those topics that DD just pointed out!!! amazing!!!

steelblood
04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
They can be found, but technically this is the Steeler's forum and they belong here. I know that when I don't have much time, I only check this forum because everything I need to know about my team is here.

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2010, 07:20 PM
They can be found, but technically this is the Steeler's forum and they belong here. I know that when I don't have much time, I only check this forum because everything I need to know about my team is here.

If we moved the nearly 3 full pages worth of Ben legal innuendo topics back over here, it would overpower just about everything else (with almost 150 Ben topic on the main board, I may not have even noticed that Santonio was traded yet).

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 07:23 PM

If we moved the nearly 3 full pages worth of Ben legal innuendo topics back over here, it would overpower just about everything else (with almost 150 Ben topic on the main board, I may not have even noticed that Santonio was traded yet).
exactly. people are complaining that there were 7 pages to a thread (that tells me there was good discussion btw) and they want 3 pages of nothing but Ben TOPICS!
too bad those people weren't intelligent enough to keep it to 1 or 2 threads...

Shawn
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Self Destruct in 3...2...1

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM

No not hardly. Ya see Shawn...as evidence by the past of me not posting here for a long time...I really dont need this. It's fun until it gets like this. Micro-managing...ya know?? I think this forum needs me more than I need it. :idea:

But like always i'll probably get pushed out of here again. I think some of you...like yourself...feel a little more comfortable with me not being here. It's a little less intimidating right? :P

BlackJackGold
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Promise?

:D

ghettoscott
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
hey check this out...

[youtube:2ikfy06h]nda_OSWeyn8[/youtube:2ikfy06h]

frankthetank1
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
i love how all the ben legal topics are in the around the nfl. RB is right if there were in steelers talk that is all you would ever see. now that ben isnt being charged i really dont want to hear about it any more. its all tabloid hersay bs for the most part. man i cant wait for the draft and preseason. it really cant come soon enough this year

Lebsteel
04-13-2010, 11:52 PM
I agree with DD, but if RB wants to and has the free time to be a moderator, then he can make the rules, so I will live with that. I still prefer this message board over all the others, I just don't agree with moving significant news to another area, but so be whatever the mod wants. That 's my :2c

Shawn
04-14-2010, 12:14 AM

No not hardly. Ya see Shawn...as evidence by the past of me not posting here for a long time...I really dont need this. It's fun until it gets like this. Micro-managing...ya know?? I think this forum needs me more than I need it. :idea:

But like always i'll probably get pushed out of here again. I think some of you...like yourself...feel a little more comfortable with me not being here. It's a little less intimidating right? :P

Umm...didn't you just say you don't have an ego. :shock:

Listen...I like you. I like you here. But, I tend to like strange people. :lol: I just think you get upset about stupid ish. Then you get offended and go off on mods, and everyone else. Can't you just settle down and post? I would like to see you here longer than a couple months.

NKySteeler
04-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I really dont need this. It's fun until it gets like this. Micro-managing...ya know?? I think this forum needs me more than I need it.

I don't know you from "shinola", but I'm sure I'd probably recognize the older usernames...

... But I'm dealing with some of the same stuff elsewhere from the other side of the coin, so, I applaud the intent to keep the same crap located in a specific location or single thread... There is really no reason to have a dozen threads on the same subject that inevitably end-up with the same rhetoric in them... Why clutter the leader board?... Why not keep the topics separated?... Why not have other topics at the top of the leader board concerning the draft, OTAs, or other articles (if they can be found) that aren't concerning the same subject?... If folks want to re-hash the same old stuff over and over again, thats cool... But there is a place for it.

The board members don't dictate policy. The admin does and the mods enforce it... That's just life.... But no board needs one specific member more than the other way around.... Too many other members fill the void, if you know what I mean...

It's all just pure entertainment and nothing more, but as any aspect, there are rules to follow... Don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweatty things.... :wink:

Good job, Ruthless...... :Beer

AkronSteel
04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I really dont need this. It's fun until it gets like this. Micro-managing...ya know?? I think this forum needs me more than I need it.

I don't know you from "shinola", but I'm sure I'd probably recognize the older usernames...

... But I'm dealing with some of the same stuff elsewhere from the other side of the coin, so, I applaud the intent to keep the same crap located in a specific location or single thread... There is really no reason to have a dozen threads on the same subject that inevitably end-up with the same rhetoric in them... Why clutter the leader board?... Why not keep the topics separated?... Why not have other topics at the top of the leader board concerning the draft, OTAs, or other articles (if they can be found) that aren't concerning the same subject?... If folks want to re-hash the same old stuff over and over again, thats cool... But there is a place for it.

The board members don't dictate policy. The admin does and the mods enforce it... That's just life.... But no board needs one specific member more than the other way around.... Too many other members fill the void, if you know what I mean...

It's all just pure entertainment and nothing more, but as any aspect, there are rules to follow... Don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweatty things.... :wink:

Good job, Ruthless...... :Beer

:Agree

flippy
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
DD, why not just post all your threads over in the around the nfl forum - steelers related or not.

If people respond over there great. You'll prove your point that people want everything - including Ben in one forum.

Since the board needs you, we'll all need that forum, right? ;)

ghettoscott
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
well i tried....you cats love to argue :)