PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong...

Shawn
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I think it's similar to progressing through the steps of grief. Denial and anger...now acceptance. When I heard Holmes was traded I seen images of him catching the winning TD in the SB...playing like a machine for the Buckeyes and becoming the WR that most of us knew he would become. He is a weapon...make no mistake. He is not just "piece of carbon" easily replaced. We will miss his presence on the field. I don't like anything that weakens our team. And this team we currently have is weaker from a talent standpoint than last season.

With that said, I heard the Rooneys were about to cut Holmes. They had enough. They were done dealing with the antics. If that's the case then a 5th was just icing on a real bad situation. I understand that the Rooneys have spent years building their rep and they had to take a stand. I also understand Holmes forced their hand. So, overall I believe it today to be a move in the right direction. I still think Ben and Reed need suspended...shoot Reed probably should have been cut. But, today I feel better about the situation. I doubt I will ever agree with sending him to a conference power but it is what it is. At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.

Oviedo
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
In a haughty and asanine manner that only I can pull off I have to ask, "When did he!! freeze over???" Did I miss the news

Jom112
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.

Was that really necessary?

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.

Shawn
04-13-2010, 01:27 PM
In a haughty and asanine manner that only I can pull off I have to ask, "When did he!! freeze over???" Did I miss the news

You are not the only one here who can pull off haughty and asinine. You are merely the best at it. :mrgreen:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-13-2010, 01:32 PM
At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.

You are like an Irish consiglieri in the mafia "Family" meeting room. Sometimes we just forget our manners and tell Irish jokes when you're around! But you are like a brother to us! :Boobs

Djfan
04-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Sibling rivalry, Jom, sibling rivalry.

Shawn
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Necessary...no

Fun...always.

:D

steelblood
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
It was the right move. I think they could have attached a conditional draft pick for next year to the deal without much trouble. But, it was the right move.

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I was wrong too.

Cha-ching! Nail on the head. But ANP...this is Shawn. Give him two weeks and he'll be back on the band wagon.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)

I thought two weeks yet it only took 2 days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally Shawn I think you are the one who is being emotional here. And I am willing to bet that after all this subsides a bit...you will come to your senses and see that this was the right thing to do. And it aint nearly as bad as you think it is.

I think this is going to be an addition by subtraction for the Steelers.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30)

Shawn
04-13-2010, 02:11 PM
It was the right move. I think they could have attached a conditional draft pick for next year to the deal without much trouble. But, it was the right move.

Agreed. Hopefully, they do have a wink wink trade thing going on for draft day.

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2010, 02:17 PM

Well, since the Bengals won the AFC North last season, we are doing what we need to do to not become the Bengals. :wink:

Sugar
04-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I was shocked by the Holmes trade. I had been mulling it over for a few weeks so I progressed through to acceptance quickly.
I agree about Ben. I would rather have a losing season next year then to not suspend him for 4 games. I would rather the team did the right thing then worry only about W's and L's.

I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.

Shawn
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM

I guess it's how you view wrong. IMO, suspending Ben for any amount of time would be dead wrong. Just because half the Steeler Nation seems to want to kick the man while he's down doesn't mean the organization should.

It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.

hawaiiansteel
04-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I was wrong too.

[quote="Dee Dub":18b37nu5]

Cha-ching! Nail on the head. But ANP...this is Shawn. Give him two weeks and he'll be back on the band wagon.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)

I thought two weeks yet it only took 2 days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally Shawn I think you are the one who is being emotional here. And I am willing to bet that after all this subsides a bit...you will come to your senses and see that this was the right thing to do. And it aint nearly as bad as you think it is.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30)[/quote:18b37nu5]

OMG, Dee Dub and Shawn both admitting they could be wrong in the same thread!!

this may never happen again in our lifetimes! :lol: :lol:

Mods, any way we can sticky this thread and save it as proof?

ANPSTEEL
04-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey Shawn, since I was giving you shyt about your prior stance, it's only fair for me to give you some props for putting your hand in the air on this.

:Clap

:tt2

Sugar
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM

It's called making a statement to Ben and the team. It's called making a statement to the world about how the Steelers handle their business. Ben did wrong...make no mistake. There are ramifications for doing wrong. Acting like it was ok...will just make things worse.

See, that's where you and I part ways. IMO, Ben did no "wrong" that anyone can show. You might not like that he was partying in a "college bar" or whatever, but that's not wrong. The only basis for thinking he did anything wrong was the word of a drunk sorority chick who couldn't get her story straight and won't stand by it. For the Steelers to pile on now would show a lack of character and class that is incosistent with the ethics of loyalty and the premise that a man is not guilty until that is proven- which it wasn't in this case.

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM

See, that's where you and I part ways. IMO, Ben did no "wrong" that anyone can show. You might not like that he was partying in a "college bar" or whatever, but that's not wrong. The only basis for thinking he did anything wrong was the word of a drunk sorority chick who couldn't get her story straight and won't stand by it. For the Steelers to pile on now would show a lack of character and class that is incosistent with the ethics of loyalty and the premise that a man is not guilty until that is proven- which it wasn't in this case.
what he did wrong is show a lack of judgement. I would judge every player hte same way. Like pac man jones.. why would you go into a strip club (as jones did) or a night club (like ben did) when you have a case against you?

Sugar
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM

what he did wrong is show a lack of judgement. I would judge every player hte same way. Like pac man jones.. why would you go into a strip club (as jones did) or a night club (like ben did) when you have a case against you?

Even if we concede the whole "lack of judgment" thing, I still don't see that as a "wrong." Especially wrong where you would actually punish a guy for it. IMO, Ben is the one who has been abused here. Some girl just made an accusation against him that has probably diminished, if not ruined his reputation even though she couldn't get her story straight and wouldn't stand by it.

The fact that the Steeler Nation or a large portion of it isn't standing by Ben at this time makes me a little sick.

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I would punish one of my kids for showing a lack of judgement. I can't imagine Rooney thinking of it any other way.

Shawn
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey Shawn, since I was giving you shyt about your prior stance, it's only fair for me to give you some props for putting your hand in the air on this.

:Clap

:tt2

Yeah why don't ya prop this...

:moon

:lol:

Shawn
04-13-2010, 05:25 PM
[quote=Dee Dub]I was wrong too.

[quote="Dee Dub":taz8inse]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30)[/quote:taz8inse]

Mods, any way we can sticky this thread and save it as proof?[/quote:taz8inse]

Hawaiian you are a funny man. :lol:

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 05:44 PM

[quote="Dee Dub":1j3qm6y1]

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30)

Mods, any way we can sticky this thread and save it as proof?[/quote:1j3qm6y1]

Hawaiian you are a funny man. :lol:[/quote:1j3qm6y1]

Yeah and it's even more funny how you always have to start the..."I was wrong" threads. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can read people as good as I can read defenses.

Shawn
04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh dear goodness...it's getting thick up in here. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. Are you?

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh dear goodness...it's getting thick up in here. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. Are you?

What was I wrong about? That's like an Oxy-Moron.

Dont do wrong Shawn and ya wouldnt have to come back like this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM

What was I wrong about? That's like an Oxy-Moron.

Dont do wrong Shawn and ya wouldnt have to come back like this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly think that you believe that. :shock:

Sugar
04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I would punish one of my kids for showing a lack of judgement. I can't imagine Rooney thinking of it any other way.

You are comparing a grown man with a college degree to one of your kids? I punish mine for not cleaning their rooms, that doesn't mean that Hines Ward should be suspended if he doesn't keep his locker tidy. :roll:

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM

You are comparing a grown man with a college degree to one of your kids? I punish mine for not cleaning their rooms, that doesn't mean that Hines Ward should be suspended if he doesn't keep his locker tidy. :roll:
I don't have kids. but if I did, I would punish them for a lack of judgement. and I'm not even paying my kids 100 million dollars to be my kid. but similar to a grounding, a couple week suspension is in order.

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM

[quote="Dee Dub":2degq4jj]

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/vi ... a&start=15 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11359&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/vi ... 1&start=30 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11351&start=30)[/quote:2degq4jj]

Mods, any way we can sticky this thread and save it as proof?[/quote:2degq4jj]

This never happened...

http://www.soundstage.com/yfiles/pics/200007_mib1.jpg

:lol:

Dee Dub
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I think it's similar to progressing through the steps of grief. Denial and anger...now acceptance. When I heard Holmes was traded I seen images of him catching the winning TD in the SB...playing like a machine for the Buckeyes and becoming the WR that most of us knew he would become. He is a weapon...make no mistake. He is not just "piece of carbon" easily replaced. We will miss his presence on the field. I don't like anything that weakens our team. And this team we currently have is weaker from a talent standpoint than last season.

With that said, I heard the Rooneys were about to cut Holmes. They had enough. They were done dealing with the antics. If that's the case then a 5th was just icing on a real bad situation. I understand that the Rooneys have spent years building their rep and they had to take a stand. I also understand Holmes forced their hand. So, overall I believe it today to be a move in the right direction. I still think Ben and Reed need suspended...shoot Reed probably should have been cut. But, today I feel better about the situation. I doubt I will ever agree with sending him to a conference power but it is what it is. At least the Steelers are doing what they need to do...not to become the Bengals.

Personally I think this is a cry for help. A need for acceptance. Most of the posters here were against how you felt about this situation and after a day or two you found yourself on the outside. A place that isnt comfy for you. Not warm and fuzzy. You need the comfort of others. And I understand this. But truth be told....say it like it is Shawn. :wink:

frankthetank1
04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah shawn i gotta give you some props too. i didnt mean to give you any crap the other day or anything. i definetly understand where your coming from. at first i was pretty angry he was dealt to a good team in the afc and it was only a 5th but in reality a 5th is much better than nothing. the reality is holmes has very little trade value. i bet there were plenty of teams that were not interested in holmes considering his rap sheet

Shawn
04-13-2010, 09:12 PM

Personally I think this is a cry for help. A need for acceptance. Most of the posters here were against how you felt about this situation and after a day or two you found yourself on the outside. A place that isnt comfy for you. Not warm and fuzzy. You need the comfort of others. And I understand this. But truth be told....say it like it is Shawn. :wink:

You should just go into psychiatry because you are obviously gifted in the field. Everyone knows how I hate going against the grain. :lol:

Shawn
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah shawn i gotta give you some props too. i didnt mean to give you any crap the other day or anything. i definetly understand where your coming from. at first i was pretty angry he was dealt to a good team in the afc and it was only a 5th but in reality a 5th is much better than nothing. the reality is holmes has very little trade value. i bet there were plenty of teams that were not interested in holmes considering his rap sheet

No harm no foul brother. I think this has just been a very emotional offseason.

Sugar
04-13-2010, 11:16 PM

I don't have kids. but if I did, I would punish them for a lack of judgement. and I'm not even paying my kids 100 million dollars to be my kid. but similar to a grounding, a couple week suspension is in order.

Again, you are comparing a grown man to a child. I don't know if anyone ever told you, but sometimes kids grow up and down follow the judgment that there parents think is right.

Oh where or where does the nannying end?

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 11:28 PM
how about it ends when he stops making bad judgment calls?