PDA

View Full Version : Ben's physical appearance is not helping

steelernation77
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049925-66.stm

Look at the picture at the top of this story. He just looks like a dirtbag. Someone get him a freaking haircut. This paired with the devil shirt would be a real douche-bag look.

NW Steeler
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
A wife beater would be more appropriate in this instance.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Look at the picture at the top of this story. He just looks like a dirtbag. Someone get him a freaking haircut. This paired with the devil shirt would be a real douche-bag look.

Couldn't agree with you more. My wife and I said the same thing last night he looks like something out of deliverance.

RussBII
04-13-2010, 12:32 PM

Couldn't agree with you more. My wife and I said the same thing last night he looks like something out of deliverance.

I think its now safe to say that Ben just doesn't "get it." I mean why would you show up looking like a sleazy gym teacher?

JTP53609
04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
this has been my point all day, it is clear that he is just not smart, he looks like a rapist, or someone wanting to join wwf, it is downright creepy looking, the long hair mullet with short sides is disgusting, and he looks terrible from everywhere else too,
common sense no and by the looks of him, he may have may be a rapist bc I dont think any woman would want that, super bowl qb or not

JTP53609
04-13-2010, 12:34 PM

I think its now safe to say that Ben just doesn't "get it." I mean why would you show up looking like a sleazy gym teacher?

haha,,,,hey now, I am a gym teacher, but not a sleezy one,

Mister Pittsburgh
04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah....first public appearance of the offseason after being cleared of raping someone you show up like you just came off the golf course after drinking a 12-pack and quickly slicked your hair back in the bathroom before walking in. Ever hear of a suit? Hell, even pacman jones had the decency to cut his dreads off before he talked for craps sake.

aggiebones
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Geez, after seeing that picture I'd trade hi tomorrow. Seriously, he is now frightening me.

Ugh, this is not going well.
Fame can be too much sometimes. He reminds me a bit of John Daly in that picture.

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
umm. I don't care how he combs his hair. I really don't care how he shows up dressed. Ben likes the shaggy look. that's fine with me. maybe he likes the way the wind blows through his hair in convertible mercedes. ya'll need to get a grip. you're whining as much as dee dub did about his horrible "satan" shirt (no offense dub).

NW Steeler
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
umm. I don't care how he combs his hair. I really don't care how he shows up dressed. Ben likes the shaggy look. that's fine with me. maybe he likes the way the wind blows through his hair in convertible mercedes. ya'll need to get a grip. you're whining as much as dee dub did about his horrible "satan" shirt (no offense dub).

I see your point, but conventional wisdom would tell you that maybe you should clean up your image. Showing up looking like that is not helping his cause. We are talking about public opinion/perception here and I think you may be in the minority. It just seems like he doesn't get it, period.

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with his "looks", I"m more disappointed in his body language. Like someone else said, he looked like he wasn't interested and was annoyed..

NW Steeler
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
It reminded me a little of Ryan Leafs "apology" a few years ago. At least he didn't throw his notes in the locker behind him when he was done. Seriously though, I think there was much more sincerity than that.

I truly want to believe that Ben is just the victim of poor decisions, that he hasn't done anything wrong. But it is getting harder to think that way.

Jom112
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
@Rachel__Nichols: Ben Roethlisberger has entered NFL offices for meeting with Roger Goodell - and here's the scoop: he cut his hair.

Jigawatts
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Does anyone else find these press conferences as useless as I do? We all know that Ben
was reading from a script written by a lawyer or a Steeler public relations intern. What's
the point of sending a message to friends, family, etc. when we all know it's fake? I think
myself, and a lot of other fans would feel much better if he just said what's on his mind.

"I'm a multi-million dollar Super Bowl winning quarterback and I like to have wild monkey sex
with anyone willing to participate. I use these women, and they use me. Sometimes, after
they figure out that I do not want to further our relationship, they try to extort money from
me. It's immature and sleazy, but 99 out of 100 single men in my position would to the
same thing.

"And if you don't like it, you can suck on little Ben, then file a police report."

NW Steeler
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
Does anyone else find these press conferences as useless as I do? We all know that Ben
was reading from a script written by a lawyer or a Steeler public relations intern. What's
the point of sending a message to friends, family, etc. when we all know it's fake? I think
myself, and a lot of other fans would feel much better if he just said what's on his mind.

"I'm a multi-million dollar Super Bowl winning quarterback and I like to have wild monkey sex
with anyone willing to participate. I use these women, and they use me. Sometimes, after
they figure out that I do not want to further our relationship, they try to extort money from
me. It's immature and sleazy, but 99 out of 100 single men in my position would to the
same thing.

"And if you don't like it, you can suck on little Ben, then file a police report."

C'mon now...that's just ridiculous. He would never refer to it as "little Ben" :wink:

birtikidis
I think it was sugar in another thread who said it bests. he has to talk in the most legally safe manner that he can. Ben comes off as a guy that just wants to be candid, and in this case he can't. I think that's why he looked so annoyed.

JAR
04-13-2010, 01:54 PM
For all of you that care what Ben's hair looks like and what he was wearing, here you go.

Rachel__Nichols

1. @skjensen Indeed it is. He is even wearing a suit.

2. I wouldn't say it's quite a buzz cut, but it's short all over. (And that's about as far as my hair expertise goes) RT @Anoophater All over?

http://twitter.com/rachel__nichols

Jigawatts
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM

same thing.

C'mon now...that's just ridiculous. He would never refer to it as "little Ben" :wink:

Little Berger? :mrgreen:

phillyesq
04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
For all of you that care what Ben's hair looks like and what he was wearing, here you go.

Rachel__Nichols

1. @skjensen Indeed it is. He is even wearing a suit.

2. I wouldn't say it's quite a buzz cut, but it's short all over. (And that's about as far as my hair expertise goes) RT @Anoophater All over?

http://twitter.com/rachel__nichols

Personally, I don't care what he looks like. But having a respectable haircut and wearing a suit shows that you're aware of the gravity of the situation and taking things seriously. Showing up like he did yesterday just shows that he doesn't quite "get it."

It is kind of like a job interview -- nobody cares what you wear, per se. But interviewers care that you are smart enough to understand that interview protocol requires that you wear a suit, shine your shoes, and get a haircut. (I realize that this isn't universal, and varies greatly between professions).

skyhawk
04-13-2010, 02:01 PM
I remember him wearing a suit after the McNulty incident. Am I correct?

Perhaps he's purposely changing his look from that episode?

RuthlessBurgher
04-13-2010, 02:02 PM

same thing.

Little Berger? :mrgreen:

No man wants to use the word "little" when referring to that region.

If my nickname were Big Ben, I'd have to go with "Parliament" as a nickname down there.

Just thinking of Chevy Chase driving in circles saying "Big Ben...Parliament" over and over again.

And of course, we all know that Parliament is, in fact, Funkadelic. :mrgreen:

steelblood
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
this has been my point all day, it is clear that he is just not smart, he looks like a rapist, or someone wanting to join wwf, it is downright creepy looking, the long hair mullet with short sides is disgusting, and he looks terrible from everywhere else too,
common sense no and by the looks of him, he may have may be a rapist bc I dont think any woman would want that, super bowl qb or not

I have said for years that he is not that smart and taken a royal beating for it.

JAR
04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/04/13/0413-ben-roethlisberger-hair-3-exp-credit.jpg

There, now he looks like a serial killer, are you all happy now? :lol:

RussBII
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/04/13/0413-ben-roethlisberger-hair-3-exp-credit.jpg

There, now he looks like a serial killer, are you all happy now? :lol:

Bahhh, that stupid Christian Bale movie made any clean cut guy in a suit look like a serial killer.

Good flick tho.

NW Steeler
04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Whatever he looks like there is certainly an improvement from yesterday. If he had worn a wife beater with a spaghetti stain on it yesterday it would have completed the image.

birtikidis
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Whatever he looks like there is certainly an improvement from yesterday. If he had worn a wife beater with a spaghetti stain on it yesterday it would have completed the image.
and if he was only wearing whitey tighties... that would have been AWESOME

BlackJackGold
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
and if he was only wearing whitey tighties... that would have been AWESOME

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10 outta 10 LOL's

BURGH86STEEL
04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
At least he got his hair cut before he met with Goodell. Probably should had done the same before he went on TV with his apology.

JAR
04-13-2010, 07:15 PM
At least he got his hair cut before he met with Goodell. Probably should had done the same before he went on TV with his apology.

If Troy ever had to meet with Goodell, would he have to get his hair cut?

spyboots
04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Doesn't look like Ben shaved, though.

Troy would not have to cut his hair; it doesn't look sloppy. He often pulls it back and ties it. (He wouldn't put himself in a position of having to do so anyway.)

feltdizz
04-13-2010, 08:45 PM

If Troy ever had to meet with Goodell, would he have to get his hair cut?

Some fans wanted Troy to cut his hair after he was injured and said he didn't want to lift weights and train with the team in the off-season.

But if for some crazy reason the Dali Lama of our team was accused of 2 sexual assaults then yes :roll: