PDA

View Full Version : Rooney and Big Ben's full statements

SteelCrazy
04-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Art Rooney II, president, Pittsburgh Steelers

The investigation process in Georgia has been deliberate and the District Attorney’s decision regarding Ben Roethlisberger speaks for itself.

During the past few weeks I have met with Ben on a number of occasions, not only to discuss this incident, but also to discuss his commitment to making sure something like this never happens again. The Pittsburgh Steelers take the conduct of players and staff very seriously. Ben will now have to work hard to earn back the respect and trust of Steelers fans, and to live up to the leadership responsibilities we all expect of him.

In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the league’s personal conduct standards. After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

Ben Roethlisberger, quarterback, Pittsburgh Steelers

I’d like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the prosecutor’s decision not to bring charges. I know without a doubt it was the right conclusion. I don’t intend to discuss any details related to the events in Georgia and I’m happy to put this behind me and move forward. I am truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I have brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, the Rooneys, and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege and that much has been expected of me as a quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community, and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust, and I am committed to improving and showing everyone my true values. I am excited to get back to work with my teammates and I’m more determined than ever to have a great season. I intend to make my family, friends, and the Steeler Nation proud on all fronts. Thank you and God bless.

http://pit.scout.com/2/961768.html

sd steel
04-13-2010, 12:07 AM

The investigation process in Georgia has been deliberate and the District Attorney’s decision regarding Ben Roethlisberger speaks for itself.

During the past few weeks I have met with Ben on a number of occasions, not only to discuss this incident, but also to discuss his commitment to making sure something like this never happens again. The Pittsburgh Steelers take the conduct of players and staff very seriously. Ben will now have to work hard to earn back the respect and trust of Steelers fans, and to live up to the leadership responsibilities we all expect of him.

In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the league’s personal conduct standards. After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

I’d like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the prosecutor’s decision not to bring charges. I know without a doubt it was the right conclusion. I don’t intend to discuss any details related to the events in Georgia and I’m happy to put this behind me and move forward. I am truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I have brought to my family, my teammates, coaches, the Rooneys, and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I have been blessed with are a privilege and that much has been expected of me as a quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community, and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust, and I am committed to improving and showing everyone my true values. I am excited to get back to work with my teammates and I’m more determined than ever to have a great season. I intend to make my family, friends, and the Steeler Nation proud on all fronts. Thank you and God bless.

Can someone answer me this? If you just got accused of rape, but were completely innocent wouldn't you want to talk about the incident and clear your name? If this chick was just a golddigger wouldn't you want to throw her under the bus? If someone basically ruined your name and your brand, and curtailed your earning power wouldn't you atleast want to try and clear your name? I know I would....unless I was hiding something.

phillyesq
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM

Can someone answer me this? If you just got accused of rape, but were completely innocent wouldn't you want to talk about the incident and clear your name? If this chick was just a golddigger wouldn't you want to throw her under the bus? If someone basically ruined your name and your brand, and curtailed your earning power wouldn't you atleast want to try and clear your name? I know I would....unless I was hiding something.

I don't think Ben has anything to gain by smearing the girl. Better to take the high road, say as little as possible, and move on.

stlrz d
04-13-2010, 07:30 AM

I don't think Ben has anything to gain by smearing the girl. Better to take the high road, say as little as possible, and move on.

Exactamundo.

MeetJoeGreene
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
[quote=SteelCrazy]Art Rooney II, president, Pittsburgh Steelers

Exactamundo.[/quote:2uka027r]

Plus there still could be civil action pending. Ben is only going to say what lawyers let him until it is settled on that front.

SteelCrazy
04-13-2010, 08:45 AM
I think it is already settled on that front MJG. Ben said he would not be answering any questions regarding the Georgia case. That told me the speculations of a pay-off may have occurred.

I believe a pay-off was necessary simply to let this die down so Ben can start rebuilding his reputation and not having anything to do with being guilty.

Yes, he could have said he will not discuss it for the same reason of repairing his rep.

At this point no one knows but those 2 and that is the way it will remain.

Let's get ready for some football!!!!!!! GO STEELERS!

Sugar
04-13-2010, 08:51 AM
It seems to me that both of them used the safe, boilerplate language one might expect in incidents like this. I wonder if LexisNexis sells a book with this pattern language? :lol:

Anyway, there is no reason to say more. Even if you are completely innocent, you don't want to come off smearing the girl- that just looks petty. Though I do wish that Ben could come back on these chicks, I also understand the reality of the situation.

SteelCrazy
04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
It is the right season to get Coach Handbags (http://www.coachretailer.com/),as we know Coach Bags (http://www.coachretailer.com/) diversify in many series,just like in the summer time.the Coach Crossbody Bags (http://www.coachretailer.com/coach-crossbody-bags-c-4.html) are popular.

shut up peter...

aggiebones
04-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Just because he didn't rape her, doesn't mean he wasn't a dirty scoundrel and likely doesn't want to talk about it in public.