PDA

View Full Version : Ben never admitted/it's never been established legally ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
... that they were in the bathroom together. Apparently only she and her posse said so. The bodyguard never said he saw them in there either. All this from below, the DA's Q&A session after his statement, from Steelgal's link:

http://pit.scout.com/2/961691.html

Q: How long were they in the bathroom?

A: Nobody really knows. The only two people that know about them being in the bathroom were he and she. Hes never said he was alone in the bathroom with her. All he said was he remembered the girl and she fell and hit her head, and again there was no head injury. He never said how long. Her details are somewhat foggy I think due to the level of intoxication. Putting all the bits and pieces of the puzzle together, the best guess would be about 10 minutes, but nobody really knows. Im guessing 10 minutes from her going back there and coming out.

Sugar
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM
The drunk sorority chick say's so, so "I guess it must have been about 10 minutes."

Whatever. :wft

JAR
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
The extortion attempt failed. At least she finally grew a conscience and wrote a letter to the DA begging him to drop the case.

SteelAbility
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
The extortion attempt failed. At least she finally grew a conscience and wrote a letter to the DA begging him to drop the case.

You have proof of this?

SteelAbility
04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
You know it just isn't good PR when you have to say things like "never admitted" or "can't be proved" or "never been legally established." It just doesn't have good savor to it.

JAR
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM

You have proof of this?

Just as much proof as those who feel Ben did wrong. How credible is the story of a 20 year too drunk to barely stand?

SteelAbility
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM

You have proof of this?

Just as much proof as those who feel Ben did wrong. How credible is the story of a 20 year too drunk to barely stand?

As far as Ben's credibility, she probably got drunk on drinks purchases by Ben. That does not look good. It points to the distinct possibility that this could be a game he plays (i.e. gets them so drunk that their testimony is compromised). Probably not. But I don't think the possibility can be summarily dismissed (unless you are going by the standards of criminal prosection). But that's why we allow civil suits ... i.e. to give people some recourse in the event that they can't overcome the burden of criminal prosecution standards. If this goes to a civil case trial, I'm guessing this pathway will be explored by the prosection.

papillon
04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Does anyone really believe that Ben was never in the bathroom? If that were the case he would have stated that unequivocally that he was not in the bathroom and this whole incident would have never occurred.

If you believe that Ben is innocent beyond reproach in this matter you live a world very different from mine. If this was a non-event Ben would have denied his involvement vociferously from the beginning. He never did that.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Does anyone really believe that Ben was never in the bathroom? If that were the case he would have stated that unequivocally that he was not in the bathroom and this whole incident would have never occurred.

If you believe that Ben is innocent beyond reproach in this matter you live a world very different from mine. If this was a non-event Ben would have denied his involvement vociferously from the beginning. He never did that.
Pappy

I don't know what to believe. The DA took many interviews, and he said in his Q&A that there were NO witnesses to them being in the bathroom together. Does that mean it didn't happen - not necessarily. But it does leave open the possibility that he wasn't back there with her. One thing I do know, the DA tried as hard as he could to put them together in that bathroom, and he couldn't.

I think Ben did deny everything vociferously, he did it through his lawyer, which is what I think people say is the way to do this sort of thing. Emotionally I would have appreciated hearing Ben say things in person, but I accept it's unlikely that would happen in this day and age.

The DA said his full files would be available under the Georgia "Open Record Act" or something like that. Maybe we'll learn more then. Until then, I remain,

Woefully uncertain.

Steel Life
04-15-2010, 01:38 AM

Pappy

I don't know what to believe. The DA took many interviews, and he said in his Q&A that there were NO witnesses to them being in the bathroom together. Does that mean it didn't happen - not necessarily. But it does leave open the possibility that he wasn't back there with her. One thing I do know, the DA tried as hard as he could to put them together in that bathroom, and he couldn't.

I think Ben did deny everything vociferously, he did it through his lawyer, which is what I think people say is the way to do this sort of thing. Emotionally I would have appreciated hearing Ben say things in person, but I accept it's unlikely that would happen in this day and age.

The DA said his full files would be available under the Georgia "Open Record Act" or something like that. Maybe we'll learn more then. Until then, I remain,

Woefully uncertain.
Look at the size of the bathroom & then look at the size of Ben...could she really fit in there? Another thing, does Goodell get any access to what Ben's lawyer (Ed Garland) came up with? Garland was very certain his findings would exonerate Ben...perhaps the GA DA cut his losses because he knew he couldn't win & made the remarks out of anger? After all, if you don't have enough evidence, then what's the only sensible alternative?

Jom112
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Didn't Ben admit to have consensual sexual contact with the girl? So if he didn't do that in the bathroom, then where did that take place? In front of everyone in the club?

Of course he went to the bathroom with the chick. What happened in that room is another debate...

feltdizz
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Didn't Ben admit to have consensual sexual contact with the girl? So if he didn't do that in the bathroom, then where did that take place? In front of everyone in the club?

Of course he went to the bathroom with the chick. What happened in that room is another debate...

If he was never in the bathroom with her this case would have been over in 2 days.

cruzer8
04-15-2010, 02:27 PM

As others have posted, he never used the word sexual. And no one but the accuser is saying that he was in the bathroom. The accuser's friend said she thought the accuser was in the bathroom, but she didn't know for sure either.

Jom112
04-15-2010, 02:46 PM

As others have posted, he never used the word sexual. And no one but the accuser is saying that he was in the bathroom. The accuser's friend said she thought the accuser was in the bathroom, but she didn't know for sure either.

True, but

Sources told KDKA Roethlisberger said he had contact with the woman that was not consummated and afterward she slipped and fell, injuring her head.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/the ... -accuser/1 (http://www.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/tv-station-ben-roethlisberger-told-cops-he-had-consensual-contact-with-accuser/1)

Contact with a women that was not consummated?

Where did that take place and how come no one saw it? If it wasn't in the bathroom, I would assume people would have saw, contact followed by her falling and hitting her head...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
If she said he raped her that night, and then they interview him and he admits to "contact that was not consumated" ... does it strike no one else as surprising that he wasn't arrested right then and there?

stlrz d
04-16-2010, 07:36 AM
If she said he raped her that night, and then they interview him and he admits to "contact that was not consumated" ... does it strike no one else as surprising that he wasn't arrested right then and there?

In the report it states that she was asked that night if she was raped and she said, "No".