PDA

View Full Version : So if at any time she changes her mind, can Ben be prosecute

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
If she decides she DOES want to prosecute, changes her mind, before the statute of limitations - can he be charged?

How important was her refusal to cooperate in the DA's decision not to prosecute?

Steelgal
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I believe the DA said the case is closed. I think a reporter might have asked that question, once ESPN broke away. I didn't hear to complete answer, but I did hear that.

SS Laser
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I had to go from NFL network,espn,Ch 11 news to ch 2 to see the whole thing.

But he did say closed but said there were some small things still coming in about the case like texts and phone records. But that would not change anything he does not already know. He did say the case will be open for the puplic to read after things that can not be public are crossed out.

Shawn
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure the DA would be willing to go foward even with her cooperation. But, technically he could charge Ben anytime in the next 7 years for this crime.

snarky
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Not a lawyer but I think the DA saying they have closed the file means simply that they aren't working it any more.

As far as I know, until he is tried or the statute of limitations expires there will always be the possibility.

That said, I think it is pretty darn unlikely.

papillon
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I wonder if we'll ever know her name? It seems rather unpleasant that Ben has had his image damaged over this and the majority of the world doesn't even know her name.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I wonder if we'll ever know her name? It seems rather unpleasant that Ben has had his image damaged over this and the majority of the world doesn't even know her name.

Pappy

PlanetSteelers does not name alleged victims of sex abuse.

SS Laser
04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
The DA said in his report and GBI report that things would be crossed out and he did say her name also would be crossed out? That sounds funny. He said a few times that she wanted the media hounding to stop???

papillon
04-12-2010, 05:24 PM
The DA said in his report and GBI report that things would be crossed out and he did say her name also would be crossed out? That sounds funny. He said a few times that she wanted the media hounding to stop???

Which means the media in Georgia knows who she is and, yet, the worlds outside of Milledgeville Georgia doesn't know her name. How does that happen in today's 24 hour media cycle? Something seems a bit odd about this little factoid.

The local media are hounding her and no one else finds out? Yea, right... :evil:

Pappy

snarky
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Pappy,

It's fairly standard practice for the media to voluntarily withhold the name of anyone making a claim of sexual assault. Media do have the legal right to name her, they simply choose not to. In general, they would only name her if she explicitly consented to it.