PDA

View Full Version : So what now for Ben?

RussBII
04-12-2010, 02:45 PM
First off, I think he'll miss some games because of this.

I'm pretty torn about this whole thing, there's just not enough facts out there. Ben acted like a total douche, sure. I never assumed all the Steelers were great guys, but it sucks to have tangible evidence. I'm not sure I'll be able to root for him anymore. I'll still pull for the Steelers, but i'll never be able to forget these two charges...

Unless it's proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that they were both setups... I don't think I'll ever like the guy again...

So on one hand, he's a Steeler and I have to pull for him. On the other hand, I don't ever want to meet the guy...

SteelBucks
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
After hearing the DA, I've lost a lot of respect for Ben. If he gets suspended, so be it.

SteelAbility
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
On to Maturity Training 101 for Ben. :P

RussBII
04-12-2010, 03:03 PM
On to Maturity Training 101 for Ben. :P

Even if he turns it around and is a MODEL citizen from now on, I don't think it'll help. It's not like fans in other stadiums will think "Hey Ben's really turned it around" before writing RAPLELISBERGER on a piece of poster board.

I'm pretty sure I won't forget it. Knowing my friends and I we'll joke about it while we continue to root for the Steelers, but i have a feeling it'll bother me for a looooooong time.

Sugar
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
What now for Ben? Well, no he needs to get his booty ready of the season, that's what.

SteelAbility
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
After hearing the DA, I've lost a lot of respect for Ben. If he gets suspended, so be it.

It's a little hard to tell why the DA did what he did. It's not necessarily clear to me that he thinks Ben is guilty. It does seem to me that what he did was a bit unprofessional, referring the girl as the victim and not the accuser. You don't necessarily have to smear the girl or Ben. There's a way to do it with pure objectivity. It could also be the DA's way of just taking a shot at Ben because he's a closet Ravens fan or something.

NWNewell
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm hoping to see the Rooney's beat the NFL to the punch and come out with at least a 2-game suspension by COB today!! Minimum!!!!

Keep in mind this is two accusations. And the facts of this second one show it is not completely unfounded. Where there is smoke there is fire.

The facts that are coming out might not be quite strong enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, but that is not the end all for accountability. It sounds like there is enough for a civil trial if they wanted to pursue it. I suspect the Rooney's and the NFL will judge the situation similarly.

To be quite honest, overall, I have my doubts that he "raped" her. But I do suspect that he took advantage of a young intoxicated girl. Plan and simple, Ben is proving to be the type of person I would not want to be associated with. I suspect the Rooney's are starting to think the same. However the Rooney's have quite an investment in Ben and I suspect they will try to correct the situation with discipline and/or counseling before cutting their looses.

PS For those that feel he should not be punished because no criminal charges were filled and he conducted himself ethically and responsibility. Don't bother responding to this post with "He was not found guilty of a crime and we shouldn't judge how he lives his life". We'll just have to agree to disagree.