PDA

View Full Version : According to the Post Gazette

drprwnap
04-12-2010, 12:47 PM
The Steelers were going to CUT Holmes and a 5th round pick is all they could get after shopping him around.
I guess it's time to change my picture!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049772-66.stm

LouSteel
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Now THAT is surprising.

Makes you wonder what the FO knows that we don't.

Perhaps Stonio has some issues that are "more serious" than pot...

Jigawatts
04-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Now THAT is surprising.

Lou, I see that you don't post much, but you should have learned by now that message
board GMs know much more than your favorite teams FO knows. They just don't have the
insider access that we do. :wink: :stirpot

NWNewell
04-12-2010, 01:18 PM

... that he was only going to be available for 12 games and he was going to demand huge money to match his ego next year (which the Steelers wouldn't have paid).

It now makes more sense why they brought in ARE and additional WRs.

SteelAbility
04-12-2010, 01:20 PM
What's the over/under on how soon someone photoshops a "Worst Trade Ever" sig pic involving a photo of Holmes and a caricature of Dan Rooney?

Conversely, the over/under on how soon before a "Kudos to the Rooneys" sig pic involving photos of Dan and a caricature of Holmes.

steelernation77
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah I read this in the morning. Bouchette also said on his PG+ blog that there will be "cheering in the locker room" from some players because apparently Tone was not well liked. Bouchette had some other harsh words about his character and his relationship with his teammates.

StarSpangledSteeler
04-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Now THAT is surprising.

Lou, I see that you don't post much, but you should have learned by now that message
board GMs know much more than your favorite teams FO knows. They just don't have the
insider access that we do. :wink: :stirpot

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Dee Dub
04-12-2010, 01:26 PM

... that he was only going to be available for 12 games and he was going to demand huge money to match his ego next year (which the Steelers wouldn't have paid).

It now makes more sense why they brought in ARE and additional WRs.

Oh and dont forget he has had 4 off field negative incidents and the fact that he is probably never gonna stop smokin weed. :HeadBanger

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
It is what it is. Holmes is committing career suicide by opening up his mouth on Twitter. There also might be more problems with his alleged assault on that girl. I was a fan of Holmes and I was disappointed with his actions of late. He can "wake & bake" all he wants now. He is an idiot if he thinks all of his Tweets went unnoticed by the NFL. "Hands of Stone" & "Gett'n Stoned" are the new WR combination in NY. What a waste...

stlrz d
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Chris Mortenson reported on ESPN radio that there were some things not made public that the Steelers FO was not happy about. He said those things along with the recent incidents and the twittering sealed his fate.

Steelgal
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Chris Mortenson reported on ESPN radio that there were some things not made public that the Steelers FO was not happy about. He said those things along with the recent incidents and the twittering sealed his fate.

That's impossible..... The fans always get more information that the owners of the team :lol:

Discipline of Steel
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
He will have four extra weeks to smoke out this year.