PDA

View Full Version : I wish the rooney's would have

frankthetank1
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
kept tone for this season and suspended him for the entire year. if we did this no team in the afc let alone a team like the jets would get him. we would lose him to free agency and probably get a better pick in compensation than a 5th rounder.

If they went this route the best part of it would have been really hurting tone's chances of getting a big contract next season. what team would pay him big money after sitting an entire season? it would have screwed him big time and sent the same message as dealing him to a sb contender in the afc

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Disagree. Dump garbage when you can before it stinks too much. Holmes would be a distraction that someone else can deal with instead of us.

phillyesq
04-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure if they would be allowed to do so by the terms of the CBA.

My preference would have been to trade him to a terrible team, preferably one with a terrible QB, somewhere like the Rams or Raiders.

frankthetank1
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure if they would be allowed to do so by the terms of the CBA.

My preference would have been to trade him to a terrible team, preferably one with a terrible QB, somewhere like the Rams or Raiders.

oh i never thought of that. i bet your right, im sure players are protected from that kind of thing. yeah trading him to a bad team or a team in the nfc would have been a lot smarter than trading him to a sb contender in the afc