PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Big Ben and Jeff Reed...

BradshawsHairdresser
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Three strikes and you're OUT.

The way I count it, you're both down to your LAST CHANCE.

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Three strikes and you're OUT.

The way I count it, you're both down to your LAST CHANCE.

:Agree

the Steelers organization is making a very loud and clear statement, we are not going to condone and allow this crap any longer!

NJ-STEELER
04-12-2010, 01:21 AM
then they should get out of the fottball business and get into the boy scouts

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2010, 01:23 AM

the Rooneys are an extremely proud family, i heard they were particularly appalled by Sanstonio's twitter messages.

SS Laser
04-12-2010, 02:17 AM

It will not get better as the years go on. These guys for the most part are not stand up guys. Look at the weed story! (not that I think weed is a big deal). Anyway WTF Holmes = 5rd pick!

Shawn
04-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Lets see how many of you are excited next season with Holmes on the Jets. Yes, lets get weaker as we make a conference opponent stronger. Sounds like good business.

WoodleyofTroy
04-12-2010, 02:50 AM

lol

I don't understand all this sending a message crap. Like a player can't move on to another team and continue to collect paychecks? What are the Steelers gonna do, ban them from the league?

NJ-STEELER
04-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Lets see how many of you are excited next season with Holmes on the Jets. Yes, lets get weaker as we make a conference opponent stronger. Sounds like good business.

that brings up a point i made on another board.

it might have been better to just release him and let him make his own deal. now we have to face the jets once this year and will likely be fighting for 1 of the 6 playoff spots in the AFC against them as well

the jets were hampered in free agency by the rule allowing the final 4 teams to spend just up to what they lost due to an uncapped season, but now we have (another) 5th round draft pick as we make a conference opponent stronger..... woop de phucking doo

what bonehead move

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2010, 03:43 AM

lol

I don't understand all this sending a message crap. Like a player can't move on to another team and continue to collect paychecks? What are the Steelers gonna do, ban them from the league?

no, the Steelers can't ban players that disrespect the organization from the league, but they definitely can ban them from the Pittsburgh Steelers team.

i'm actually proud of the Steelers for taking this stand, i just with we would have gotten more than a stinkin' 5th round draft choice for Sanstonio.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Didn't the Steelers just franchise Jeff Reed?

I think this may be less a "statement" move than getting whatever they could for a player that might never play another down in the NFL.

The Steelers are a proud club, yes, but they are in the business of making money too. I think if they thought Stonio could play for a full season they would have kept him around. My guess is they decided that wasn't likely, and got what they could before his value dropped to zero.

Shrewd business move, more than trying to get a Boy Scout Merit Badge (addressing another posters' comment), IMO.

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Enlightening how right and wrong means so little to so many and what happens in a game played by spoiled millionaires means so much.

BTW there are 100,000 people of real value (soldiers) in Afghanistan right now. How many of you are putting any intellectual effort in agonizing over that? You probably go weeks without even thinking about any of them if at all because they are invisible to you. But you agonize over what detracting a doper will do to a football team like it is the end all to be all. Get perspective.

SteelAbility
04-12-2010, 08:16 AM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":19m2hnwu]then they should get out of the fottball business and get into the boy scouts

It will not get better as the years go on. These guys for the most part are not stand up guys. Look at the weed story! (not that I think weed is a big deal). Anyway WTF Holmes = 5rd pick![/quote:19m2hnwu]

Yeah, we should have received at least a 3th. ;)

steelblood
04-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Enlightening how right and wrong means so little to so many and what happens in a game played by spoiled millionaires means so much.

BTW there are 100,000 people of real value (soldiers) in Afghanistan right now. How many of you are putting any intellectual effort in agonizing over that? You probably go weeks without even thinking about any of them if at all because they are invisible to you. But you agonize over what detracting a doper will do to a football team like it is the end all to be all. Get perspective.

Since you asked...

I "adopted" a soldier two years ago. My children and I write him letters and send him care packages. He is a cool dude and I pray he'll make it home alive.

In the end, I probably spend more time thinking about the Steelers. But, don't you?

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 08:23 AM

Since you asked...

I "adopted" a soldier two years ago. My children and I write him letters and send him care packages. He is a cool dude and I pray he'll make it home alive.

In the end, I probably spend more time thinking about the Steelers. But, don't you?

No I don't. Sports page isn't thie first thing I read. I know too many people there because I was part of it for 20 years.

JAR
04-12-2010, 08:54 AM
This whole sending a message thing is BS. The Rooney's are worried about being ripped in the media, well, the media is going to have a field day with the Santonio trade, 5th round, wtf?????

Shawn
04-12-2010, 09:04 AM
If the Rooneys are so moral they need to be consistant and trade Ben and Reed. We don't need speculation into why they decided to keep the two white trouble makers and used the black man as the example. Just a thought.

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
This whole sending a message thing is BS. The Rooney's are worried about being ripped in the media, well, the media is going to have a field day with the Santonio trade, 5th round, wtf?????

Like the Rooney's really care what the media says.

This is about them and their business and what they want to stand for. They could care less what the media and fans think.

steelblood
04-12-2010, 09:11 AM
If the Rooneys are so moral they need to be consistant and trade Ben and Reed. We don't need speculation into why they decided to keep the two white trouble makers and used the black man as the example. Just a thought.

I do think they made a mistake bringing Reed back. He has shown a pattern of poor judgement and we gave him a raise. Today, that move looks a little silly.

I can't say what is right with Ben. I have no idea what the really happened with those two broads.

JAR
04-12-2010, 09:16 AM

Like the Rooney's really care what the media says.

This is about them and their business and what they want to stand for. They could care less what the media and fans think.

They care. Ben's situation was blown way out of proportion by the media and that's what they were upset about.

Shawn
04-12-2010, 11:31 AM

I do think they made a mistake bringing Reed back. He has shown a pattern of poor judgement and we gave him a raise. Today, that move looks a little silly.

I can't say what is right with Ben. I have no idea what the really happened with those two broads.

Agreed...they needed to at the very least dump Reed. Ben might get a slightly longer leash because we are not a Super Bowl contender for 5-10 years if he is cut.