PDA

View Full Version : SKL Final (I think) Mock Draft (Stonio dealt during writing)

steelerkeylargo
04-12-2010, 12:43 AM
1/18-Earl Thomas-DB-Texas-I think the Steelers will be Torn between Thomas and Iupati here....I have actually grown a little more fond of Iupati after seeing his interview on NFLN's Path to the Draft. However, Earl Thomas can step on the field day one as the Steelers Nickel Back and contribute. I think he can also play CB (much like Carnell Lake once did). Also will be great insurance if anything were to happen to Troy or Ryan. I think he has to be the pick.

2/43-Roger Saffold-OL-Indiana-We trade our 2/52+5/151+5/155 to the Dolphins for this pick. Steelers grab an insurance plan for the OT position and some much needed depth. Bye Bye Tony Hills.

3/82-Toby Gerhart-RB-Stanford-Rooneys opt to influence the draft by calling for a character player from Stanford to help sure up the run game.

4/116-Carlton Mitchell-WR-South Florida-Steelers grab one of the players they have brought in to add some size and depth to the WR position.

5/164-Jeff Owens-NT-Georgia-Casey Hamptons heir...a guy they can afford to sit and watch develop for a couple of years behind Big Snack

5/166-Adrian Tracy-LB-William and Mary-Tomlin brings in a guy from his Alma matter to add depth to the LB crew.

6/188-Brody Eldridge-TE-OU-The Best blocking TE in the draft, hands down....can also play FB and C.

7/225-Whoevers left!!!!

WoodleyofTroy
04-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Why bother? They'll draft Earl Thomas and trade him for a 3rd round pick a year later.

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Earl Thomas will be long gone by the time it's the Steelers turn at #18.

Shawn
04-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I actually think this is now possible. We could package picks to move up. And we will have to...in order to grab Thomas.

hawaiiansteel
04-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I actually think this is now possible. We could package picks to move up. And we will have to...in order to grab Thomas.

would you be willing to part with the Steelers' 1st and 3rd picks for Thomas knowing that we also have needs not only at CB and OL but at WR receiver also now?

steelerkeylargo
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM

If he is it will be Iupati in the first and McCourty on the trade up in the 2nd.

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 10:02 AM

If he is it will be Iupati in the first and McCourty on the trade up in the 2nd.

Could be Tate with the trade up in Round 2 over a DB. Then get a DB like Amari Spievey or Alterraun Verner in Round 3.

steelerkeylargo
04-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Could be Tate with the trade up in Round 2 over a DB. Then get a DB like Amari Spievey or Alterraun Verner in Round 3.

Could be...but Tate could be the first wr taken with Dez Bryants problems.....doubt he makes it till day 2.

Oviedo
04-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Could be...but Tate could be the first wr taken with Dez Bryants problems.....doubt he makes it till day 2.

Not sure I want Mitchell. South Florida players have a rep for being jerks from students who go there. Maybe just my Central Florida prejudice coming through but it was known that Leavitt did some sketchy stuff and took players others wouldn't.

steelblood
04-12-2010, 10:57 AM

Not sure I want Mitchell. South Florida players have a rep for being jerks from students who go there. Maybe just my Central Florida prejudice coming through but it was known that Leavitt did some sketchy stuff and took players others wouldn't.

That is a red flag, but until you tell me something specific about this kid, I think that characterization is unfair.

steelerkeylargo
04-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Cant comment on that speculation. I also really like Taylor Price from Ohio. He would be a 2nd or third rounder though.

RuthlessBurgher
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Why bother? They'll draft Earl Thomas and trade him for a 3rd round pick a year later.

However, if Earl gets arrested for disorderly conduct a month after the draft, then gets arrested for domestic violence and assault toward one of the multiple women he has children with a month later, then gets arrested for possession of marijuana two years later, then is investigated for potentially throwing liquor (glass and all) in the face of a woman two years after that, then suggests that his critics "kill urself" via Twitter while also bragging about smoking weed in the morning (which anyone who has access to the internet is able to read), and finally getting suspended by the league for 4 games for a second drug related offense, then we'd only be able to trade him for a 5th round pick (assuming that he has time left over to win a Super Bowl MVP in the middle of all of that).

MeetJoeGreene
04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments!