PDA

View Full Version : Marshall...why not?

Shawn
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Why not offer Denver...Holmes, a third and 5th for Marshall? Shoot, why not offer our #18 and trade off Holmes for a second? Marshall would be an absolute beast with Ben.

frankthetank1
04-10-2010, 09:00 PM
because im sure marshall isnt done getting arrested and he is a big pain in the a$$. these are the kinds of players that do not fit with the steelers. it looks like they are going to deal holmes so why bring in another headache? would you want to see him swating away passes and throwing balls in practice as a steeler? i wouldnt. marshall has the talent of an elite wr in the nfl and the broncos want nothing to do with him. he is that big of an a$$hole. that says a lot

birtikidis
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I would trade Holmes to Miami for their #2 pick (IF we had to trade him) then offer denver our second 2nd round pick.

feltdizz
04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Marshall...why? :wink:

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Why not offer Denver...Holmes, a third and 5th for Marshall? Shoot, why not offer our #18 and trade off Holmes for a second? Marshall would be an absolute beast with Ben.

talent-wise Brandon Marshall is as good as any receiver in the NFL.

however, he is a high-maintenance diva who wants to be paid now like the best receiver in the NFL...no way the Rooneys bring him aboard, especially in light of recent events.

no thanks to Terrell Owens II

Shawn
04-10-2010, 11:34 PM
That's why I ask. I really don't keep up on teams outside the AFC North. I just took a look at his rap sheet. Impressive. I agree he would be a no go.

Snatch98
04-11-2010, 01:33 AM
What? Holmes, a 3rd and a 5th? Why is Marshall worth that much? Yes I agree he's a tank but putting so little value on Holmes is a mistake even with his weed antics.

birtikidis
04-11-2010, 01:38 AM
What? Holmes, a 3rd and a 5th? Why is Marshall worth that much? Yes I agree he's a tank but putting so little value on Holmes is a mistake even with his weed antics.
i agree. HOlmes at worst is worth a high (hahah) 2nd round pick.

ANPSTEEL
04-11-2010, 08:51 AM

without the issues- Santonio is maybe worth a 2nd round pick, but with the looming suspension - and 1 miss-step away from 3 strikes and a full year suspension... Wake and Bake is probably worth a 3rd round pick at best.

Sheesh- the Ravens picked up Bouldin for a 3rd & 4th. Stoner isn't worth a whole lot more than that.

steelblood
04-11-2010, 10:33 AM
What an interesting idea!

Steelgal
04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Don't want him. We have enough issues with our current players and off-the-field problems. It does no good to get rid of one (Santonio) and replace him with another (Marshall). Marshall is a better overall player without a doubt, but I'm tired of hearing we're 'becoming the new Bengals' of the AFC with all the problems recently.....

birtikidis
04-11-2010, 12:56 PM

without the issues- Santonio is maybe worth a 2nd round pick, but with the looming suspension - and 1 miss-step away from 3 strikes and a full year suspension... Wake and Bake is probably worth a 3rd round pick at best.

Sheesh- the Ravens picked up Bouldin for a 3rd & 4th. Stoner isn't worth a whole lot more than that.
Boldin wanted out of Arizona for what, two years now? he hasn't had a completely healthy season in forever.
tone is just entering his prime. and you know a guy like al davis or snyder would give up anything for a superbowl MVP...

SteelAbility
04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Marshall...why? :wink:

He's an immense talent and considered by many to be the best receiver in the game?
To keep him out of your competitor's hands?

Other than that I don't see any reasons. ;)