PDA

View Full Version : I would love your help with the Annual PS Mock Draft

hawaiiansteel
04-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Aloha my fellow Steeler friends,

I have been appointed as the 2010 PlanetSteeler NFL Mock Draft Steeler G.M. through a drawing conducted by RuthlessBurgher.

the Mock Draft starts on Monday, 4/12/10 and the Steelers' selection will occur on Wednesday morning at 10am Pittsburgh time.

I would love your help/input with who the Steelers' Round 1 selection should be (it will be a 3-round draft, so please feel free to give me your Rounds 2 & 3 selections as well.

if available, who do you think the Steelers should select with their 18th selection of Round 1, and if possible give me your first and second preference.

MAHALO!

PSU_dropout43
04-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Dez Bryant.

SteelerNation1
04-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Gotta go Berry, Haden, Thomas if available. If not, I think Iupati or Pouncey with a trade down. Maybe Witherspoon or Graham. Sorry, that probably didn;t help.

grotonsteel
04-10-2010, 02:19 AM
First Preference
Earl Thomas

Second Preference
Rolando McClain

Lebsteel
04-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Obviously Berry, Haden or McClain. But more likely in this order of preference
1) Thomas
2) Graham
3) Wilson
4) Odrick
5) Dan Williams

In a trade down:
Pouncey
McCourty
Iupati

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Dez Bryant.

I wonder if the Steelers would pull the trigger on Dez Bryant if he were available at #18? we have been looking at a lot of WRs, and Bryant is undoubtedly the most talented...it's just his diva attitude that concerns me and obviously NFL teams or he would go Top-10.

Ravens taking a long look at Dez Bryant

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010

With undeniable talent but more red flags than the lobby of the Kremlin circa 1980, receiver Dez Bryant is getting plenty of attention as the draft approaches.

Bracing for a slide into the 20s, teams like the Patriots (who hold the 22nd overall selection) and the Ravens (at 25) are doing their due diligence. Earlier this week, Bryant was in Boston. Per Peter King of SI.com, Bryant has now spent two days in Baltimore.

The visit included dinner on Friday night with offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, whose only year as head coach in Miami was marred by the decision to pick receiver Ted Ginn in round one. Per King, Bryant will visit the Buccaneers on Sunday, who pick substantially higher -- but who could be doing their homework in the event of a trade down from No. 3, or possibly an opportunity to trade back into the bottom of round one, if Bryant slides.

The real question, in our view, is whether teams believe that any off-field concerns regarding Bryant can be fixed by providing him with strong guidance and strict rules, and whether the siren song of his high-end skills will be enough to justify the risk.

In the event that teams in to top ten and the teens pass, the Patriots and the Ravens and other teams in the 20s need to be ready to make a decision, in 12 minutes or less.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ez-bryant/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/10/ravens-taking-a-long-look-at-dez-bryant/)

frankthetank1
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
why does it seem that bryant is slipping quite a bit in the first round? i really dont get it. if he is there at #18 the steelers would be stupid not to draft him especially considering holmes may be suspended. he is going to be a big time wr in the nfl and i would be shocked if he wasnt drafted in the top 15. he may have a bad attitude but what young wr doesnt have a bad attitude? the hines ward's of the league are very rare.

WoodleyofTroy
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
[Seahawks GM lurking]

hawaiiansteel
04-10-2010, 04:57 PM
[Seahawks GM lurking]

are the Seahags considering trading up or just hoping that Okung falls to #6?

Pete Carroll checks out Russell Okung

Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010

A day before Seahawks coach Pete Carroll sang the praises of Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen ("Jimmy's ready! . . . Jimmy's got some new moves! . . . Check Jimmy out!"), Carroll slipped in unnoticed to Stillwater to meet with left tackle Russell Okung.

According to the Tulsa World, Carroll came to town to "learn more" about Okung. Presumably, the visit included a private workout, which can be done when visiting a player on his college campus.

Per the report, Carroll also spent an hour with coach Mike Gundy. We've got a feeling that at least a portion of the discussion centered on the big left tackle.

Apparently, then, Carroll is trying to get everyone to think he's planning to take Jimmy at No. 6, while Okung's name already may be penciled onto the card.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ell-okung/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/10/pete-carroll-checks-out-russell-okung/)