PDA

View Full Version : Mocking WoodleyofTroy .

WoodleyofTroy
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
First, we have 10 selections in this draft. I don't see us walking away with more than 8. Steelers feel like they are built to win now. The focus here is bringing in impact players from strong programs, who can contribute from day one in a back up role and Special Teams.

No more than 8, means trading up.

I don't see that happening in the first round with so many options being available at #18. We aren't picking in the 30's where all or most of our big board will be in shreds by the time we are up.

I have a strong feeling we'll be trading up in the 2nd.

1st Round - Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan.
http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2009/11/BRANDON-GRAHAM-2-111209-thumb-330x386-15667.jpg

2nd Round - Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama. -TRADE-
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/10/10/sports/photos_stories/cropped/059_terrence_cody--300x400.jpg
Give up a 4th.

3rd Round - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida.
http://www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/SpikesBrandon_080906_2210_TCasey.jpg

4th Round - Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan. -TRADE-
http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2009/12/Donovan-Warren-122109-thumb-300x324-20561.jpg
Give up 5th and 7th.

5th Round - Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2007/12/14/motorcity.bowl/t1_lefevourNEW.jpg

5th Round - Joe Webb, WR, Alabama-Birmingham.
http://media.al.com/offthevine/photo/joe-webb-1107jpg-0352eca108df1ba8_large.jpg

6th Round - Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame.
http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sam-young-full.jpg

7th Round - Sergio Render, G, Virginia Tech.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/90605989.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0864E0BB2C51DFCFD C2498953EE97F21514E1494C9931CDEB

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Our 4th rounder would be able to move us up 6 spots in the second round. However, San Diego now picks 40th overall after swapping 2nd rounders with Seattle in the Charlie Whitehurst trade. I don't see any way Mount Cody makes it past San Diego at #40.

papillon
04-08-2010, 07:37 PM
If the Steelers came away with those players I'd be ecstatic. I can't see Spikes lasting until the 3rd round and I can't see Cody making it to number 2.50. But, I like the way you think.

Pappy

WoodleyofTroy
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Our 4th rounder would be able to move us up 6 spots in the second round. However, San Diego now picks 40th overall after swapping 2nd rounders with Seattle in the Charlie Whitehurst trade. I don't see any way Mount Cody makes it past San Diego at #40.

I have them taking local Brian Price in the first.

WoodleyofTroy
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
If the Steelers came away with those players I'd be ecstatic. I can't see Spikes lasting until the 3rd round and I can't see Cody making it to number 2.50. But, I like the way you think.

Pappy

Most of these names are the types to be overlooked when it comes to the draft. They've been around so long, overanalyzing pushes them back, while the Linval Joseph types are picked first. In other words, hype.

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 09:35 PM

Price is a 4-3 under tackle, not a 3-4 nose tackle.

I have them taking Ryan Matthews at #28 and Mount Cody at #40 (unless K.C. takes Cody at #36 or Cleveland takes Cody at #38).

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Pappy

Spikes' workouts were historically bad. He was slower than numerous guys who were well over 3 bills. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the early portion of day three.

papillon
04-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Pappy

Spikes' workouts were historically bad. He was slower than numerous guys who were well over 3 bills. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the early portion of day three.

That's all fine well and good. What does his game film reveal? A slow plodding ILB incapable of making plays or an instinctual football player that makes a lot of tackles?

I'd go with the game film, but, hey, that's me, I mean why watch film when you can put a stopwatch on him? Ask Al Davis, he'll tell ya. :P

Pappy

SteelBucks
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM

IMO, that's a good thing. I for one don't want Cody.

WoodleyofTroy
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Price is a 4-3 under tackle, not a 3-4 nose tackle.

I have them taking Ryan Matthews at #28 and Mount Cody at #40 (unless K.C. takes Cody at #36 or Cleveland takes Cody at #38).

hmm.. I've been seeing Price to them in the 1st round a lot lately... I know I've read a few reports about him being a 3-4 NT / 4-3 UT tweener..

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Pappy

That's all fine well and good. What does his game film reveal? A slow plodding ILB incapable of making plays or an instinctual football player that makes a lot of tackles?

I'd go with the game film, but, hey, that's me, I mean why watch film when you can put a stopwatch on him? Ask Al Davis, he'll tell ya. :P

Pappy

He should be a solid thumper between the hashmarks, but he's not a sideline-to-sideline pursuit guy or a guy who is going to be able to run with athletic TE's or 3rd down RB's out of the backfield in coverage. I liken him to Earl Holmes. And if his times were so bad that it drops him into Earl Holmes draft territory (4th round), then he'd be a value pick there. But I'm not willing to use a prime pick on a guy who is limited athletically.

My smiley responses based on where we draft Brandon Spikes:

Round 1: :evil:
Round 2: :x
Round 3: :|
Round 4: :)
Round 5: :D
Round 6: :P
Round 7: :mrgreen:

pfelix73
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Not bad of a draft there, but I'm starting to like Kyle Wilson with that #18 pick. Spikes in round 3 is a possibility and he'd be a steal there too. I also like the QB pick. Toby Gehrhart (sp) would be a good one in round 2. Maybe he can play some FB for us. Wishful thinking. We need a freaking FB.!
:tt1

MeetJoeGreene
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
That is truly a well thought out mock draft that merits praise and compliments.

Oviedo
04-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Pappy

Torrell Troup from UCF in Round 3 would be better than Cody in Round 2. Troup has a tremendous work ethic and high end motor. Use Round 2 for a DB or RB and then you have something working with that Mock.

Spikes will be there in early 3rd. Too many are obsessed with his 40 times.

ramblinjim
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
We all make fun of the boy with the boobs but some mocks have Mount Cody going to SD in the first round. Talk about game tape, watching game tape (Ok, all I ever see are hi-lights) and Cody doesn't move post snap, he eats up the guard and center and allows the backers to seek and destroy. On first and second down, regardless of the boobs, Cody looks like a rock (not built like one mind you). If for some reason that dude is there at 2.50 I think he's a bargain with a capitol B.

ramblinjim
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
OH and this is an Excellent mock draft...

WoodleyofTroy
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
We all make fun of the boy with the boobs but some mocks have Mount Cody going to SD in the first round. Talk about game tape, watching game tape (Ok, all I ever see are hi-lights) and Cody doesn't move post snap, he eats up the guard and center and allows the backers to seek and destroy. On first and second down, regardless of the boobs, Cody looks like a rock (not built like one mind you). If for some reason that dude is there at 2.50 I think he's a bargain with a capitol B.

cosigned.