PDA

View Full Version : Isnít it Interesting???

Dee Dub
04-08-2010, 11:05 AM
"Attorneys for the 20-year-old accuser did not return messages seeking comment about the investigation."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75358.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_675358.html)

The attorneys for the alleged victim in the Roesthlisberger sexual assault case are not talking to the media nor commenting on anything related to the case? Other than coming forward a week and a half ago saying that she is cooperating with the GBI and will be available for a second interview, they really havenít said anything else. Now I know that an investigative team and or prosecution/District Attorney, usually wonít comment while an ongoing investigation is going on but that it not always the case for a legal team representing an alleged victim. I have seen no comments or reports from them that has anything to do with validating/supporting her allegations. We have seen many times how through the media attorneys can try and sway public opinion simply by making statements publicly. Am I reading too much into this? Does this not seem odd?? In a "She said-He said" case where there is really no solid evidence wouldnt you think her attorney's make an effort to try this case through the media?

SteelAbility
04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
You're obsessing again. :P And you are on pace for a Guinness world record for moved posts. :wink:

Dee Dub
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
You're obsessing again. :P And you are on pace for a Guinness world record for moved posts. :wink:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I am a huge Steeler fan...and this is kind of important to the overall state of the team? :roll:

papillon
04-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I am a huge Steeler fan...and this is kind of important to the overall state of the team? :roll:

That is a fact.

Pappy

devilsdancefloor
04-08-2010, 11:35 AM
i really think that the "victim" & her attorneys are gearing up for a civil suit because they know the DA has a extremely weak case.

Dee Dub
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
i really think that the "victim" & her attorneys are gearing up for a civil suit because they know the DA has a extremely weak case.

That's what I was thinking too.

SteelAbility
04-08-2010, 12:09 PM

I understand that. It's just that you're pushing a post count of about 10,000,000 on this subject and I feel like razzing you!!! :P

SteelAbility
04-08-2010, 12:13 PM

That's what I was thinking too.

I think the case is "weak" relative to the burden of proof for criminal cases. A guy who can bench 500 pounds is pretty strong. If he's in a competition where you need to be at 700 to compete then he's "weak."

I'm not necessarily saying her case is strong. Just an analogy.

phillyesq
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
"Attorneys for the 20-year-old accuser did not return messages seeking comment about the investigation."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75358.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_675358.html)

The attorneys for the alleged victim in the Roesthlisberger sexual assault case are not talking to the media nor commenting on anything related to the case? Other than coming forward a week and a half ago saying that she is cooperating with the GBI and will be available for a second interview, they really havenít said anything else. Now I know that an investigative team and or prosecution/District Attorney, usually wonít comment while an ongoing investigation is going on but that it not always the case for a legal team representing an alleged victim. I have seen no comments or reports from them that has anything to do with validating/supporting her allegations. We have seen many times how through the media attorneys can try and sway public opinion simply by making statements publicly. Am I reading too much into this? Does this not seem odd?? In a "She said-He said" case where there is really no solid evidence wouldnt you think her attorney's make an effort to try this case through the media?

This doesn't seem odd to me. Not saying anything is the safe way to play it. Dunlap, the lawyer in Nevada, has been saying more in the press, but that was after he filed the civil suit. No suit has been filed here (at least not yet), and the DA hasn't decided whether he will press charges. There is no real need for her attorneys to say anything now.

Chadman
04-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah...we might be hoping this means something, rather than it actually meaning something.