PDA

View Full Version : Kirshke to Retire

Jooser
04-08-2010, 09:24 AM
per PFT:

Travis Kirshke expected to retire
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 8, 2010 9:14 AM ET
While we were writing up Nick Eason's impending signing in Pittsburgh, we noticed a piece of information that seemed worthy of its own post.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that long-time Steelers defensive end Travis Kirschke is expected to retire this offseason. The note was casually in the article, but we haven't seen this news elsewhere.

Kirschke, 35, has played 13 seasons in the NFL, including the last six in Pittsburgh. He started seven games last season.

Chadman
04-08-2010, 10:47 AM
He's been surprising useful for a number of years. Eventually though, the youth movement has to take over.

He has a bad back too, doesn't he?

papillon
04-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

Pappy

ramblinjim
04-08-2010, 11:40 AM
:Agree

Can't complain about Kirschke's time with the Steelers at all.

rpmpit
04-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope he holds a presser to announce his retirement. He's been a good Steeler and model citizen. He deserves a bit of recognition on the way out into retirement.

Pappy

:Clap :Clap :Clap

Jigawatts
04-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Pappy

I agree, but this is really going to mess up my mock draft.

aggiebones
04-08-2010, 01:35 PM
That blows up my Eason signing as a smoke screen to us drafting a top DE. Still possible. But I imagine they want to work Hood in with ASmith for a season or 2 before getting another top DE to train.

DT is still a good possibility.

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM

Pappy

I agree, but this is really going to mess up my mock draft.

Tell Li'l Miss Jiga to get to work on her annual mock! We are only 2 weeks away!