PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Tailgate 2010??

rpmpit
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll be heading to Pittsburgh with a bunch of dirty Jets fans :lol: when we play them at home this year. If we could do the Tailgate that game, that would be awesome. Missed last year because of work obligations, but this year should be ok for me. Hated not hanging with those of you I've met already, as well as missing out on meeting some of the first timers.

I do know that my Asian Brother-from-another-mother doesn't like the cold. So if the Jets game isn't until November or December, then I'll understand. But if its an early game, it'll be my vote for the tailgate.

BTW, my buddies are Jets fans. But they have nothing but respect and admiration for the Steelers and The Nation. Brought one of them out for the AFCCG against Baltimore and he said it was the most incredible experience he ever had at a football game.

Shawn
04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Maybe in the Burgh you will be safe from drive by bunnings. :lol: Sorry, guys I hate inside jokes too. Just funny watching the rpm man about rip a Bengal fan apart after he made the unfortunate decision to throw a loaf of bread at him. :tt2

I have no idea if I can make it...but I would like to see another game with you in the Burgh.

WoodleyofTroy
04-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Would be a great game to tailgate, but I can definitely seeing this one being put together for November / December.

fordfixer
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I was just thinking about this today :tt1 I will try to make it this year

rpmpit
04-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Maybe in the Burgh you will be safe from drive by bunnings. :lol: Sorry, guys I hate inside jokes too. Just funny watching the rpm man about rip a Bengal fan apart after he made the unfortunate decision to throw a loaf of bread at him. :tt2

I have no idea if I can make it...but I would like to see another game with you in the Burgh.

You know me, Shawn. Was never really gonna hurt the guy :wink: Just wanted to make him cry a bit :twisted:

But yeah, it would be great to hang with you again. Same with the rest of you guys! Hopefully a lot of us can make it this year.

rpmpit
04-07-2010, 06:42 AM

You know me, Shawn. Was never really gonna hurt the guy :wink: Just wanted to make him cry a bit :twisted:

But yeah, it would be great to hang with you again. Same with the rest of you guys! Hopefully a lot of us can make it this year.

And for the record, he told me he was throwing the buns at you. Even Bengals fans aren't THAT stupid :lol: :lol: :lol:

Djfan
04-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Maybe we road trip, FF?

fordfixer
04-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Maybe we road trip, FF?
That could work :tt1

SteelerNation1
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Hopefully a lot of us can make it this year.
You know I'll be there rpm. Did you know I've been to every game at Heinz Field... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, last year rocked. My vote is for a night game or 4 oclocker. More time to tailgate.

costanza2k1
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm down with SN1's idea...night game. More time to hang out before the game.

Shawn
04-07-2010, 05:24 PM

And for the record, he told me he was throwing the buns at you. Even Bengals fans aren't THAT stupid :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Yeah...I think that was the smarter move. Let me see...the little dude with 12 inch biceps or the guy with a neck bigger than most peoples waist. Too bad for him he throws like Palmer. :mrgreen:

And I spoke with the wife about this...if the tailgate will be wife friendly we might both head east for this game. But, I must warn ya...Mrs. SMG is quite the wild woman. I'll try to keep her from dancing on the hoods of the parked vehicles. :wink:

rpmpit
04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Hopefully a lot of us can make it this year.
You know I'll be there rpm. Did you know I've been to every game at Heinz Field... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, last year rocked. My vote is for a night game or 4 oclocker. More time to tailgate.

Hated missing last year. Was on a HUGE project that involved weekends. My entire football season was almost shot to hell. This year there shouldn't be a problem. I'll be there for the Jets game and whichever other game we pick for the tailgate.

Every game at Heinz?????? :lol: :lol:

rpmpit
04-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Yeah...I think that was the smarter move. Let me see...the little dude with 12 inch biceps or the guy with a neck bigger than most peoples waist. Too bad for him he throws like Palmer. :mrgreen:

And I spoke with the wife about this...if the tailgate will be wife friendly we might both head east for this game. But, I must warn ya...Mrs. SMG is quite the wild woman. I'll try to keep her from dancing on the hoods of the parked vehicles. :wink:

My neck isn't THAT big, is it?? :lol: :lol:

I'll let the majority decide about the wife friendly thing before I bring it up to Mrs. 'Pit. I'm sure she'd love to attend as well. She looks great in her Lloyd jersey :tt1

SteelAbility
04-08-2010, 10:50 AM

My neck isn't THAT big, is it?? :lol: :lol:

I'll let the majority decide about the wife friendly thing before I bring it up to Mrs. 'Pit. I'm sure she'd love to attend as well. She looks great in her Lloyd jersey :tt1

I've never met you but I'm waiting for someone to chime in and say, "What neck?" :tt1 :P

rpmpit
04-08-2010, 11:42 AM
I've never met you but I'm waiting for someone to chime in and say, "What neck?" :tt1 :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelAbility
04-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Still waiting :roll: ... :P

Could I have teed up that any higher?

rpmpit
04-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Maybe the rest of the Planet realize how dumb it is to mock a man with no neck :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Maybe the rest of the Planet realize how dumb it is to mock a man with no neck :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally try to stay on your good side. :mrgreen:

Jigawatts
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I was offered some season tickets today for 1800 bones. I'm thinking about pulling the
trigger, but Mrs. Jigawatts will probably pull a different kind of trigger if I did that. :lol:

Anyway, I'm game for another tailgate party. :Cheers

Jooser
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp328/eric81175/TIHMovie2008.gif

Don't make Hulk MAD!

Don't throw buns at HULK!

Shawn
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM

stlrz d
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
The more I read this forum the more I think I'm skipping this year's.

Maybe next time.

fordfixer
04-17-2010, 12:20 AM

Maybe next time.
Why? What did you say about armpit's neck? Or lack there of :lol:

stlrz d
04-17-2010, 12:23 AM

Maybe next time.
Why? What did you sat about armpit's neck? :lol:

Not a word man, not a word.

It's more about the people of Pittsburgh right now. If what I'm reading on this forum is anything like what the folks of the Burgh are saying then I don't want to be anywhere near them.

fordfixer
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM
[quote="stlrz d":83gtb7wh]The more I read this forum the more I think I'm skipping this year's.

Maybe next time.
Why? What did you sat about armpit's neck? :lol:

Not a word man, not a word.

It's more about the people of Pittsburgh right now. If what I'm reading on this forum is anything like what the folks of the Burgh are saying then I don't want to be anywhere near them.[/quote:83gtb7wh]
I understand

buckeyehoppy
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm into a night or 4:15 start game in Sept. or Oct. Hopefully, the schedule maker is kind to us.

Last year's tailgate was epic, especially considering it was the first. Looking forward to meeting more of you knuckleheads. :moon :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
The schedule will be released Tuesday evening, so I'm sure we'll have folks on here who will want to finalize a date for the Tailgate before the draft starts on Thursday evening.

fordfixer
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
The schedule will be released Tuesday evening, so I'm sure we'll have folks on here who will want to finalize a date for the Tailgate before the draft starts on Thursday evening.
:tt1 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Our first 3 home games (Atlanta 9-12-10, Baltimore 10-3-10, and Cleveland 10-17-10) are all 1:00 p.m. starts. The first prime time home game is against New England on 11-14-10. Is mid-November too cold for all you Southerners that want to get together for an all-day tailgate prior to a 8:20 p.m. game?

buckeyehoppy
04-20-2010, 11:29 PM
First vote here for the Patophile game. Will go with the will of the majority, but that's my vote. Mid-November isn't that bad in PGH unless we get a freak storm. That doesn't happen too often.

AkronSteel
04-21-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm down for the Patriots game!!! That sounds about right as far as timing goes and its a night game which will make it a much better time!!! I wanna make sure I get to the tailgate earlier this year though!!! I felt like we just got there and it was time to go to the stadium!!!

Jigawatts
04-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Patriots game would be a lot of fun.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1992_Patriot_Games/harrison_ford_patriot_games_001.jpg

Yeah, but is it more fun than being frozen in carbonite or being thrown in a pit of snakes?

http://trickyourblog.com/uploads/user_8/han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite_3.jpg http://www.mikecs.net/prodigeek/images/GeekOutMomentIhatesnakes_F9C3/indiana_jones_snakes.jpg

Jigawatts
04-21-2010, 02:49 PM

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1992_Patriot_Games/harrison_ford_patriot_games_001.jpg

Yeah, but is it more fun than being frozen in carbonite or being thrown in a pit of snakes?

http://trickyourblog.com/uploads/user_8/han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite_3.jpg http://www.mikecs.net/prodigeek/images/GeekOutMomentIhatesnakes_F9C3/indiana_jones_snakes.jpg

fordfixer
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Both of the above sound like more fun than being at a game / tailgate party with Jiga :lol:

buckeyehoppy
04-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Both of the above sound like more fun than being at a game / tailgate party with Jiga :lol:

Hey! Be nice, FF! Jiggy's not THAT bad! Just bring a four-pack of Perrier water and some back issues of "Bon Appetit" and he settles down nicely.

:shock: :lol: :stirpot :twisted:

fordfixer
04-21-2010, 11:49 PM

Hey! Be nice, FF! Jiggy's not THAT bad! Just bring a four-pack of Perrier water and some back issues of "Bon Appetit" and he settles down nicely.

:shock: :lol: :stirpot :twisted:
Thanks for the tip :lol:

Djfan
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm down for one that is on a holiday weekend. Us teachers need break time to travel.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm down for one that is on a holiday weekend. Us teachers need break time to travel.

Well, Labor Day is the week before the season starts, Columbus Day falls during our bye week, Veteran's Day is on a Thursday...not looking good there, deej. We play the Bills in Buffalo during Thanksgiving weekend. The Panthers home game falls on a Thursday evening the night before Christmas Eve, but I don't think a bitter cold weeknight game would be the optimal choice for the tailgate. The New England game seems to be the best fit right now, all things considered.

Jigawatts
04-22-2010, 02:41 PM
:wft is Perrier and "Bon Appetit?" I don't understand your fancy multilingual speak'n words.

AngryAsian
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
What about week 6 VS. the Stains?

Ben's welcomed back game.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2010, 07:31 PM

It's a 1:00 p.m. start. SN1 packs up and heads into the stadium at 11:00 a.m. Not much of an opportunity for a tailgate (compared to an 8:20 p.m. start).

AngryAsian
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM

It's a 1:00 p.m. start. SN1 packs up and heads into the stadium at 11:00 a.m. Not much of an opportunity for a tailgate (compared to an 8:20 p.m. start).

Every time I've come to the Burgh for a game has been at night. I love the Prime Time atmosphere. What's the first night time game available?

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM

Every time I've come to the Burgh for a game has been at night. I love the Prime Time atmosphere. What's the first night time game available?

New England on 11-14-10 (hence the Harrison Ford Patroit Games pics)

AngryAsian
04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
So after careful conferencing via PMs with my esteemed colleague, Ruthless... We've decided that the Sunday night Patriots Game on 11-14 will be the PS Tailgate and gathering 2010....

Who will be there besides me, Ruthless, Armpit and SN1?

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
So after careful conferencing via PMs with my esteemed colleague, Ruthless... We've decided that the Sunday night Patriots Game on 11-14 will be the PS Tailgate and gathering 2010....

Sounds like buckeyehoppy, AkronSteel, and Jigawatts are on board as well.

Jigawatts
04-25-2010, 10:42 AM

Being that it's a night game during my "peak season", it will be a difficult task to persuade
"the man" to give me the following Monday off. There's also the unknown ticket factor.
I'll be gunning for that game when they go on sale via ticket master, but that's always a
crap shoot. If I can't get them through ticket master, I'll have to call in a favor.

Anyway, I'll probably be going. :mrgreen:

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Being that it's a night game during my "peak season", it will be a difficult task to persuade "the man" to give me the following Monday off.

Isn't your drive home like an hour or something like that? You can survive with your head hitting your pillow during the 1:00 a.m. hour. I got at least a 5 hour trek. My Dad (who works swing shift and is used to being up all night) will drive home after a night game, and I'll be up with him for about half the trip (until about 2:30 a.m. or so) and will then sack out for about 2-3 hours in the car. I'll get home, shower, and be off to work. I'm not saying I'll be productive, mind you, but I'll be there. Suck it up, buttercup. :P

fordfixer
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM

That game works for me I'll see what I can do :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 Any one have an extra ticket? :lol: :lol:

Shawn
04-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm a very strong possibility if I am able to bring my wife. She wants to go to a game with me this season. I need some lovins when I'm on the road...and spoonin' with the armpit doesn't cut it. :D

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm a very strong possibility if I am able to bring my wife. She wants to go to a game with me this season. I need some lovins when I'm on the road...and spoonin' with the armpit doesn't cut it. :D

I hear we have a QB who's DTF. :shock:

(QB could mean quarterback or queerbait in this particular instance). http://www.fiero.nl/forum/smiley_drool.gif

As for me, I still haven't seen my father's work schedule for the fall yet, so I'm not sure if he would be able to come with me to the tailgate again, or if I would go with the wife or son route instead. I'm sure that my 8 year old (actually, he'll be 9 by then) will be more mature that most of you buffoons. :P

Shawn
04-27-2010, 12:48 PM

(QB could mean quarterback or queerbait in this particular instance). http://www.fiero.nl/forum/smiley_drool.gif

As for me, I still haven't seen my father's work schedule for the fall yet, so I'm not sure if he would be able to come with me to the tailgate again, or if I would go with the wife or son route instead. I'm sure that my 8 year old (actually, he'll be 9 by then) will be more mature that most of you buffoons. :P

Yeah...I assure you he is more mature than myself and all 4 of the Patriot fans that will be there this year. :D

fordfixer
04-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Then he wont ruin the party will he? :lol: :lol:

Djfan
04-28-2010, 01:43 AM

That game works for me I'll see what I can do :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 Any one have an extra ticket? :lol: :lol:

Are you flying, or do we dare try to drive?

Djfan
04-28-2010, 01:45 AM

fordfixer
04-28-2010, 02:18 AM

Don't know yet

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Definitely IN for the Pats game. Can't wait!!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
You guys know I'll be there. I'll lock down the corner spot of the Reedsdale/Fontella lot. Same as last yr.

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 10:37 AM
You guys know I'll be there. I'll lock down the corner spot of the Reedsdale/Fontella lot. Same as last yr.

You'll be there??? Ya sure??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 10:40 AM

I am not a fan of 1:00 starts. Last year I left my house at 4:00 am for the 1 oclockers. I need a good 5 hours (at least) of tailgate time. Thx for remembering RB! :tt1

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Yep. Start off with some of this... :Cheers
Then, I'll have to listen to Asian tell me how great he is at the dice game :Blah
So, I'll respond with :moon
Then, more of this :Cheers or this :Beer
Everyone will :Bow to my cornhole skillzzzz
Finally, a bunch of this :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 and some of this :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

...what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM

Crap...that DOES NOT sound good. :oops:

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 10:53 AM

We knew what you meant...I think :?

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM

I meant this

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/04/1cornhole.JPG

I didn't mean this
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/carson-palmer-hot-dog.png

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM

Yep. Start off with some of this... :Cheers
Then, I'll have to listen to Asian tell me how great he is at the dice game :Blah
So, I'll respond with :moon
Then, more of this :Cheers or this :Beer
Finally, a bunch of this :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 and some of this :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

...what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!! I also be there in December for the Jets game with a few buddies.

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM

I meant this

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/04/1cornhole.JPG

I didn't mean this
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/carson-palmer-hot-dog.png

Iron Shiek
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Holy he!l. I don't know what message board I've been looking at but i've missed this thread entirely.

I'm in for sure...until I know whats going on closer in to that date (so does that mean I'm tenative?)! But that seems like the perfect game to go to.

So I guess I have 7 months to save up money for the dice game so SN1's dad and Angelo can take it all from me. I get better odds in Vegas I think!

AngryAsian
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Holy he!l. I don't know what message board I've been looking at but i've missed this thread entirely.

I'm in for sure...until I know whats going on closer in to that date (so does that mean I'm tenative?)! But that seems like the perfect game to go to.

So I guess I have 7 months to save up money for the dice game so SN1's dad and Angelo can take it all from me. I get better odds in Vegas I think!

Just don't bring that spineless Skee-Low character with you.... still lurking... I'm going to have to bring a couple of ninjas to take his azzz out. :twisted:

Iron Shiek
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Haha!

Yeah, he'll have to wear a disguise or something.

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Shiek, you just lack the skillzzzz to pay the billzzzz if you know what I mean! :moon

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Haha!

I have the perfect costume!

http://danjlovesthe90s.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/skee-lo.jpg

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Haha!

Skee looks like he could be Silverback's younger brother :lol: :lol:

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Haha!

As long as he doesn't come as Silverback's mom, I'll be happy. She's badass!

James Harrison’s Mom Arrested
Posted by Matt Loede on December 11th, 2009 in News, Police Blotter

The Tribune Review reports that the mom of LB James Harrison was arrested:

The mother of Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was arrested after a brawl erupted at a party for about 100 people she was hosting at the VFW hall in Akron, police said today, Mildred J. Harrison, 62, of Akron was given a summons for simple assault following the fight during Thursday night’s game between the Steelers and the Cleveland Browns, Akron police said. Mildred Harrison, who was wearing a Steelers jersey when she arrived later at the police station, told officers she was assaulted during the “chaos” but was not involved in the fight. A warrant was issued for her daughter, Shovonne C. Johnson-Roper, 39, of Akron, and a third person, charging them with felonious assault, four people, including two who were hit in the head with beer bottles, were taken to the hospital for treatment, police said.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Haha!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SkeeLoIWish.jpg

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Haha!

As long as he doesn't come as Silverback's mom, I'll be happy. She's badass!

James Harrison’s Mom Arrested
Posted by Matt Loede on December 11th, 2009 in News, Police Blotter

The Tribune Review reports that the mom of LB James Harrison was arrested:

The mother of Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was arrested after a brawl erupted at a party for about 100 people she was hosting at the VFW hall in Akron, police said today, Mildred J. Harrison, 62, of Akron was given a summons for simple assault following the fight during Thursday night’s game between the Steelers and the Cleveland Browns, Akron police said. Mildred Harrison, who was wearing a Steelers jersey when she arrived later at the police station, told officers she was assaulted during the “chaos” but was not involved in the fight. A warrant was issued for her daughter, Shovonne C. Johnson-Roper, 39, of Akron, and a third person, charging them with felonious assault, four people, including two who were hit in the head with beer bottles, were taken to the hospital for treatment, police said.

That's hysterical!!!

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 04:46 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SkeeLoIWish.jpg
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

costanza2k1
04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

Right now my job status is up in the air...if all works out I'll be there that game with my friends and family!

SteelerNation1
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Right now my job status is up in the air...if all works out I'll be there that game with my friends and family!
Screw the job status. Just get there!!!!!!! You guys gotta tailgate w/us!

buckeyehoppy
04-28-2010, 11:06 PM

HEY! HEY! I'm a big boy! Not like the other 7 year olds at the tailgate. I'm much more mature... like I'm in 2nd grade, not 1st like those guys. :Binky :moon :Binky :moon

buckeyehoppy
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
You guys know I'll be there. I'll lock down the corner spot of the Reedsdale/Fontella lot. Same as last yr. That's the greatest spot around the stadium. Eager to see if the Pens have a homer that W/E, too. That could happen and be a great DH!

buckeyehoppy
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM

Cornhole skillzzzz duly noted... pls remind me to wear my chastity belt.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
You guys know I'll be there. I'll lock down the corner spot of the Reedsdale/Fontella lot. Same as last yr. That's the greatest spot around the stadium. Eager to see if the Pens have a homer that W/E, too. That could happen and be a great DH!

That would indeed be awesome...get several of us to meet prior to (or during) the Pens game as well if that is indeed the case. I hope it is not too hard to get tickets to the Consol Center early next season (but by mid-November, we should be a good dozen or so games into the home schedule, so maybe a bit of the novelty will wear off a bit and tickets will be available...we'll see).

rpmpit
04-29-2010, 06:33 AM

That would indeed be awesome...get several of us to meet prior to (or during) the Pens game as well if that is indeed the case. I hope it is not too hard to get tickets to the Consol Center early next season (but by mid-November, we should be a good dozen or so games into the home schedule, so maybe a bit of the novelty will wear off a bit and tickets will be available...we'll see).

I'd be interested in a Pens game too. Not a huge hockey fan, but I'm trying :tt2

SteelerNation1
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM

Cornhole skillzzzz duly noted... pls remind me to wear my chastity belt.

Jigawatts
04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Being that it's a night game during my "peak season", it will be a difficult task to persuade "the man" to give me the following Monday off.

Isn't your drive home like an hour or something like that? You can survive with your head hitting your pillow during the 1:00 a.m. hour. I got at least a 5 hour trek. My Dad (who works swing shift and is used to being up all night) will drive home after a night game, and I'll be up with him for about half the trip (until about 2:30 a.m. or so) and will then sack out for about 2-3 hours in the car. I'll get home, shower, and be off to work. I'm not saying I'll be productive, mind you, but I'll be there. Suck it up, buttercup. :P

I'd rather just take a paid day off. :wink:

AngryAsian
05-30-2010, 04:53 AM

If my "Yellow-Ass" is making the trek all the way from Florida, you better be there...

http://kentona.rpgmaker.net/snews/issue7/boom.jpg

If you don't.... I'll be sending the ARMPIT after you... you don't want to make him angry.

Prok
05-30-2010, 05:09 PM
This sounds like something i'd really enjoy. Have to see if i can get tix etc.

RuthlessBurgher
05-30-2010, 06:47 PM
This sounds like something i'd really enjoy. Have to see if i can get tix etc.

Great! All you "Fever" newbs are invited to join us for an all-day tailgate prior to the Sunday night game against New England in November...SN1 is an excellent host (until he takes all your money via dice games and cornhole, that is).

rpmpit
05-31-2010, 07:24 PM

If my "Yellow-Ass" is making the trek all the way from Florida, you better be there...

If you don't.... I'll be sending the ARMPIT after you... you don't want to make him angry.

No, you don't want to make me angry... :twisted: :lol:

And to my Asian Brother, looking forward to hanging with you again. But since we're sharing a room, I really hope I don't have to see any part of your Yellow Ass :shock:

Jigawatts
06-01-2010, 02:43 PM

I just did a search of my last ticketmaster complaint on this forum. June 20th, 2009.
So that's probably an indication that tickets will be going on sale here within the next
couple of weeks. I suggest logging on to ticketmaster, search for the cheapest individual
tickets, and meeting up on the rotunda again.

Getting tickets is the first step to the tailgate. :tt2

AngryAsian
06-01-2010, 05:37 PM

I just did a search of my last ticketmaster complaint on this forum. June 20th, 2009.
So that's probably an indication that tickets will be going on sale here within the next
couple of weeks. I suggest logging on to ticketmaster, search for the cheapest individual
tickets, and meeting up on the rotunda again.

Getting tickets is the first step to the tailgate. :tt2

I think that our collective plan of hanging at the Rotundra was a great one. I like Shiek's scalping methodologies on the subject. It surely eliminates worrying and I thought the prices were extremely reasonable.

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2010, 10:07 AM
For those who want to be assured of having a ticket in hand for the 11-14-10 game against New England to be at the Tailgate without having to worry about scalpers that day, be aware that individual game tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster on Saturday, 6-19-10 at 10:00 a.m.

Individual game ticket sale through Ticketmaster
Posted 18 hours ago

a a A limited number of individual game tickets for the Steelers’ 2010 home games are available through Ticketmaster beginning on Saturday, June 19, at 10 a.m. This marks the fourth consecutive season fans will be able to purchase tickets through Ticketmaster.

Fans may buy up to four tickets total per household for the eight regular-season games while there is no ticket limit for the two preseason home contests. A majority of the tickets will be priced at either $64 or $68. There will also be single seats available at various locations and price ranges.

Tickets will be sold on http://www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster’s toll free sales line 1-800-745-3000. Tickets will not be sold at Ticketmaster Outlets.

All Accessible seating will also be available through Ticketmaster starting at 10 a.m. on June 19th.

Since there are a limited number of tickets available, tickets are expected to sell out very quickly.

Steelers 2010 Preseason Home Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)

Saturday, Aug. 14.... DETROIT.... 7:30 p.m. (KDKA)

Thursday, Sept. 2... CAROLINA.... 7:30 P.m. (KDKA)

Steelers 2010 Regular-Season Home Schedule

Date Opponent Time** (TV)

Sunday, Sept. 12.... ATLANTA... 1 p.m. (FOX)

Sunday, Oct. 3.... BALTIMORE.... 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Oct. 17.... CLEVELAND.... 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Nov. 14.... NEW ENGLAND.... 8:20 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, Nov. 21*.... OAKLAND..... 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Dec. 12*..... CINCINNATI.... 1 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Dec. 19*.... NEW YORK JETS... 4:15 p.m. (CBS)

Thursday, Dec. 23*.... CAROLINA..... 8:20 p.m. (NFL NETWORK)

* Times and TV network may change due to flexible scheduling

** All times are Eastern

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Individual-game-ticket-sale-through-Ticketmaster/1971fe3e-7c8d-4a93-bfd1-2b11769b8de0

Jigawatts
06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
For those who want to be assured of having a ticket in hand for the 11-14-10 game against New England to be at the Tailgate without having to worry about scalpers that day, be aware that individual game tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster on Saturday, 6-19-10 at 10:00 a.m.

Shhhhh!!!! :nono :nono :nono

hawaiiansteel
06-08-2010, 04:00 AM
I'm going to call Ticket Master at 4am Hawaii time on June 19th, if I can get tickets then I will attend the game versus the Patriots* and will definitely be there for the tailgate.

Wish me luck... :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm going to call Ticket Master at 4am Hawaii time on June 19th, if I can get tickets then I will attend the game versus the Patriots* and will definitely be there for the tailgate.

Wish me luck... :tt2

P?maika?i

Mahalo! :Cheers

Jigawatts
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Looks like I'll be making a reservation for Jiga + 2.

Will that bitch Skee-lo be there? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Bringing Mrs. Jiga this time? Bringing that tall dude again who hung out with us on the rotunda (I forget him name)?

Maybe Skee-Lo decided to finally start posting, and he chose the name HeHateMe... :shock:

Skee-Lo better be there again...I want more ammunition for a future Photoshop contest! :P

Jigawatts
06-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Bringing Mrs. Jiga this time? Bringing that tall dude again who hung out with us on the rotunda (I forget him name)?

Maybe Skee-Lo decided to finally start posting, and he chose the name HeHateMe... :shock:

Skee-Lo better be there again...I want more ammunition for a future Photoshop contest! :P

Mrs. Jiga much rather go to Penguins games than Steelers games, so she will not
be joining us, which translates to me having a good time. :twisted:

Tall dude, also known as Matt, will be there.

Plus an old friend whom I haven't seen since high school will be meeting up with us.

Skee-Lo as HeHateMe? :lol: I guess that's payback for the photoshops.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Plus an old friend whom I haven't seen since high school will be meeting up with us.

Tell Matt to come up with a funky@$$ name like Skee-Lo. Then I'd remember it. :P

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Tell Matt to come up with a funky@$$ name like Skee-Lo. Then I'd remember it. :P

Kill Switch is still available. So is Old Mother Hubbard. Still can't believe Wallace didn't take that one.

Iron Shiek
07-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey...I'm hoping to be there...I'd imagine Skeelo would come...and I won't even prep him for all this animosity towards him. He can just walk in blind and get taunted by all of you...high comedy.

RuthlessBurgher
07-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey...I'm hoping to be there...I'd imagine Skeelo would come...and I won't even prep him for all this animosity towards him. He can just walk in blind and get taunted by all of you...high comedy.

You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts. You don't frighten us with your silly knees-bent running around advancing behavior! I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/holy-grail.jpg

buckeyehoppy
10-11-2010, 12:48 PM
No traffic through this thing. That's what happens when it isn't in Steelers Talk. Glad I found it, tho!

Mostly sure that mrs. buckeyehoppy and I will be there. Some ongoing issues with her father are keeping it from being a 100% certainty. We are planning on getting there early and we plan on bringing some foods and drinks for all to partake.

We're about a month out. So let's start talking this mutha up!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

buckeyehoppy
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM

You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts. You don't frighten us with your silly knees-bent running around advancing behavior! I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/holy-grail.jpg

Almost pi$$ed myself laughing at this. Absolutely hilarious!

costanza2k1
10-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I moved this back to Steelers talk...looks like I'm in!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I moved this back to Steelers talk...looks like I'm in!!!!

I'm in too! Since it is going to be an after-dark game in mid-November in Pittsburgh, your pampered California @$$ might have to bring a sable...err, nutria...hat to keep warm. :lol:

costanza2k1
10-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I survived the Dallas game in Dec, 7 freaking degrees (I did think I was going to die), I can handle the Nov game no problem. Indian guy + from California = super drunk costanza2k1 to cope with the cold.

SteelerNation1
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I'll post details of the tailgate location (directions, etc) in the next couple of days. Although, I think most people know where to find it. Can we get a head count?

costanza2k1
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm in +3, can someone bring some extra beer...I'll bring $$ to pay for it.

AngryAsian
10-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Between health problems this year and purchasing a second home, it is with great regret to let you guys know I won't be able to make it this season. Representing in my behalf, Iron Sheik will be stepping in (he's not Asian, but he's some kind of foreigner and speaks a second language). Looking forward to all the pics that will be posted.

Also, if someone sees Skee-lo, someone punch him in the arm really hard from me.... and take a picture or two so we can have another Skee-lo Photoshop contest.

Jigawatts
10-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll post details of the tailgate location (directions, etc) in the next couple of days. Although, I think most people know where to find it. Can we get a head count?

Jiga + 2

Iron Shiek
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Between health problems this year and purchasing a second home, it is with great regret to let you guys know I won't be able to make it this season. Representing in my behalf, Iron Sheik will be stepping in (he's not Asian, but he's some kind of foreigner and speaks a second language). Looking forward to all the pics that will be posted.

Also, if someone sees Skee-lo, someone punch him in the arm really hard from me.... and take a picture or two so we can have another Skee-lo Photoshop contest.

I'm not a definite still yet, but I would gladly represent the foreign (looking) contingent and do it proudly Asian! I will do my best to be there, and skeelo already emailed me askin if we were trying to go, so someone will get to punch him.

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2010, 08:57 AM

I'm not a definite still yet, but I would gladly represent the foreign (looking) contingent and do it proudly Asian! I will do my best to be there, and skeelo already emailed me askin if we were trying to go, so someone will get to punch him.

Costanza's heritage is from an actual country in Asia, so I don't think we need to rely upon Shieky's foreign-looking self for our diversity this year.

I'll be sure to punch Skee-Lo in the vagina for you, Asian (just kidding...Skee-Lo is good people :lol: )

AngryAsian
10-21-2010, 09:04 AM

Costanza's heritage is from an actual country in Asia, so I don't think we need to rely upon Shieky's foreign-looking self for our diversity this year.

I'll be sure to punch Skee-Lo in the vagina for you, Asian (just kidding...Skee-Lo is good people :lol: )

LMFAO!!! Nice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Haha! That is hilarious.

costanza2k1
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I have no problem representing AA, The Ruth is right...I'm technically from the Asian subcontinent. I'm so freaking pumped for this game...it's on. I'm being getting sloshed at the strip on Sat night if someone wants to join us for grub and drinks shoot me a PM.

costanza2k1
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Airline tickets purchased, tickets purchased, hotel booked. IT IS ON!

costanza2k1
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM

Can you drop a map location of where you'll be at and when? I would love to pitch in for some grub and beer if someone doesn't mind bringing extra. We'll be catching a shuttle from the airport to hotel, as usual, and won't be able to go out and purchase stuff. Let me know what you think. Can't wait for the game!

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Intersection of Reedsdale and Fontella

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pittsburgh&state=PA&address=Reedsdale+St+%26+Fontella+St&zipcode=15233&country=US&latitude=40.4479&longitude=-80.02077&geocode=INTERSECTION

http://tileprint.web.mapquest.com/tileprint.php?size=630,500&key=mjtd%7Clu6t250ynq%2Cbl%3Do5-h625&type=map&stops=A,40.4479,-80.02077,0,0|&traffic=0&scale=9000&center=40.4479,-80.020784

costanza2k1
11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Cool, in all the years I've gone here I've never gone to that side. Excellent! See you guys there!

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Cool, in all the years I've gone here I've never gone to that side. Excellent! See you guys there!

The Mercy Behavioral Health lot where SN1 parks is caddy-corner from the new casino. Look for a white truck with a flagpole that has a Steeler helmet on top. Beneath it will be a bunch of ugly dudes and Ruthless. :P

AngryAsian
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM

The Mercy Behavioral Health lot where SN1 parks is caddy-corner from the new casino. Look for a white truck with a flagpole that has a Steeler helmet on top. Beneath it will be a bunch of ugly dudes and Ruthless. :P

Sadly, no slant-eyes. :cry:

costanza2k1
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Make it happen!!!

fordfixer
11-02-2010, 10:52 PM

What no Asian.............. I may have to find a way to make it after all :lol: But sadly I wont make it again :HeadBanger

SteelerNation1
11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll try to post the exact directions soon

costanza2k1
11-05-2010, 02:32 PM
What time will you guys start tailgating and what time are you planning to walk into the stadium? As far as weather is concerned it looks like it won't rain and won't be any colder than 37 degrees. I'm thinking long sleeve underneath my throwback Harrison jersey will be the gear? Should I plan on warming up some more? Any suggestions?

SteelerNation1
11-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok Planet Pack...Here are the details to the 2010 Planet Steelers Tailgate. The tailgate will begin about 6 or 7 hours before gametime, so around 1 or 2 pm. I'll actually be there a bit earlier than that I'm hoping. The Reedsdale parking lot opens as early as 6 am, if interested. Seriously though, my crew and I will be there by 1. Maybe earlier, if I can talk the Mrs. into it. Shoot, it's better than my alarm going off at 3:45 am for those 1 o'clock games. :D

Anyway, below is a satellite view of where the lot is. It is where Reedsdale street turns into Fontella Ave. Right on the bend. The building is called Mercy Behavioral Health. There is an overpass in the lower lot in case it rains. If the weather is ok we'll be parked in the outer lot right next to Reedsdale/Fontella (which is caddy corner from Rivers Casino).
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=heinz%20field&sa=N&tab=wl&um=1

SteelerNation1
11-05-2010, 11:39 PM
We need to figure out what we are doing "food wise." My vote is for burgers and dogs. I'll bring my grill and propane. Will someone volunteer to man the grill? Also, we need a FINAL head count. I'll start.

SN1- Myself and at least 5 guests. Could be as many as 7 peeps with me. :tt2

stlrz d
11-06-2010, 10:10 AM
We need to figure out what we are doing "food wise." My vote is for burgers and dogs. I'll bring my grill and propane. Will someone volunteer to man the grill? Also, we need a FINAL head count. I'll start.

SN1- Myself and at least 5 guests. Could be as many as 7 peeps with me. :tt2

Just and FYI...last year I got that stuff at Sam's Club. Wasn't expensive at all and I think it got the job done...I didn't see anyone going hungry.

RuthlessBurgher
11-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Count me in for two...me and my Dad again. I can bring soda...refusing to call it pop...again (since I don't drink, I'd like to have something else available that isn't beer or some other other alcohol). I guess I shouldn't bring as much this time, since we ended up giving most of it way.

buckeyehoppy
11-07-2010, 11:46 PM
One week out and I am still unsure I will make it. Some personal and business stuff is really taking a toll right now. Haven't said much here or anywhere else, but keep me and my family in thoughts over the coming weeks. If I do get out there, I'm going to need to have as good a time as possible.

Jigawatts
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Put me down for Jiga + 1.

I lost a 1 over the weekend so I now have an extra ticket available.

If anyone is interested PM me and let me know. And no Fordfixer, it is not free. :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
doh! I shoulda paid attention... I'm going tonight, but, coming in late... leaving the Ville around 5:30 (after work)... I expect to walk in right around gametime.

RuthlessBurgher
11-08-2010, 03:58 PM
doh! I shoulda paid attention... I'm going tonight, but, coming in late... leaving the Ville around 5:30 (after work)... I expect to walk in right around gametime.

The Planet Tailgate isn't tonight in Cincinnati. It's next weekend in Pittsburgh.

I guess you'll miss Goodell's kumbaya session with the fans outside Paul Brown Stadium at 5:00 tonight.

costanza2k1
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Me + 3

fordfixer
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM

If anyone is interested PM me and let me know. And no Fordfixer, it is not free. :lol:
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Wait you make me sound cheap

SteelerNation1
11-09-2010, 11:22 PM

Jig,
I want the ticket if its available.

Jigawatts
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM
As it turns out, I'm actually down a ticket now.... sort of. :?

Is that punk-ass Skee-Lo gonna be there? :lol:

We might need to use his skills to negotiate a ticket from the scalpers. :D

Iron Shiek
11-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Skeelo did hook up a nice seat for someone last year (was it Ruthless' dad?).

I think its time to make the call here. I was holding out hope that I would make it this weekend, but financial/work/family difficulties are going to preclude me from making it.

But besides that, I really want to try and save up to get to a playoff game this year, I'm hopeful (and pretty certain) we will host one. You'll likely see me and skeelo (and maybe others) up there come January.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM

I think its time to make the call here. I was holding out hope that I would make it this weekend, but financial/work/family difficulties are going to preclude me from making it.

But besides that, I really want to try and save up to get to a playoff game this year, I'm hopeful (and pretty certain) we will host one. You'll likely see me and skeelo (and maybe others) up there come January.

No one will miss your sorry @$$, Shieky, but, seriously....NO SKEE-LO!?!?! That is simply unacceptable! :P

Yeah, my Dad was happy to sit in the lower level between the 40's for the Charger game last year instead of being in the upper deck bleachers as usual. If we all decide to hang out on the rotunda again, perhaps he will once again look through our tix to find the best possible empty seat for him to go to instead of our same ol', same ol' spot.

SteelerNation1
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM

No one will miss your sorry @$$, Shieky, but, seriously....NO SKEE-LO!?!?! That is simply unacceptable! :P

Yeah, my Dad was happy to sit in the lower level between the 40's for the Charger game last year instead of being in the upper deck bleachers as usual. If we all decide to hang out on the rotunda again, perhaps he will once again look through our tix to find the best possible empty seat for him to go to instead of our same ol', same ol' spot.
I'm hoping the South Plaza will be opened up again and I can make my return to the rail. If not, I'll be up on the rotunda with yinz!

Jigawatts
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Shiek, sorry to hear you and Skeelo will not be making the trip.

SN1, did your person have any luck finding a ticket yet?

skyhawk
11-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I'll try to post the exact directions soon

Cool, directions would be cool. I'm coming in from Seattle, and another buddy from Milwaukee! :tt2

skyhawk
11-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Oops, is this the location? Reedsdale and Fontella?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pitts ... TERSECTION (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pittsburgh&state=PA&address=Reedsdale+St+%26+Fontella+St&zipcode=15233&country=US&latitude=40.4479&longitude=-80.02077&geocode=INTERSECTION)

What's the headcount so far?

SteelerOfDeVille
11-12-2010, 05:32 PM

The Planet Tailgate isn't tonight in Cincinnati. It's next weekend in Pittsburgh.

I guess you'll miss Goodell's kumbaya session with the fans outside Paul Brown Stadium at 5:00 tonight.
then, i REALLY shoulda have paid attention - lol.

SteelerNation1
11-13-2010, 06:15 PM

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pitts ... TERSECTION (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pittsburgh&state=PA&address=Reedsdale+St+%26+Fontella+St&zipcode=15233&country=US&latitude=40.4479&longitude=-80.02077&geocode=INTERSECTION)

Headcounts around 20 I think. Directions are a few posts up. Cya tomorrow

AngryAsian
11-13-2010, 08:51 PM
You guys enjoy... Armpit and myself are sad that we'll not be making this one, but there's always next year. I'm really bummed that I'll not be partaking of the bounty to be had by playing "Shut the box." Love that game. SN1 is a great tailgate host and you all should have a blast. Ruthless please take a lot of pics and post them. Or at least send them to my cell via pic/message. The PlanetSteelers tailgate is a good omen for the game's outcome.

SteelerNation1
11-13-2010, 10:15 PM
The PlanetSteelers tailgate is a good omen for the game's outcome.
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

buckeyehoppy
11-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Sorry for the late notice, but Mrs. buckeyehoppy and I will be out tomorrow. Should be loads of fun. Sorry to see some of the familiar faces from last year won't be there. We're all charged with having one for them
:Beer :Beer :Beer

Jigawatts
11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll be pouring one for all my homeys that won't be there.

AA, armpit, shiek, skee-lo, Tupac, Biggie, the list goes on...

stlrz d
11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Damn...20 people?

Have a good time...I'm going to try for next year!

hoosierpete
11-14-2010, 06:38 PM
We're here. Where are you? Where's the planet Steelers banner. Help! Answer ADAP

fordfixer
11-14-2010, 08:44 PM

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Pitts ... TERSECTION

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Where are all the tailgate pics? I want some photoshop material!!!

RuthlessBurgher
11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
The Tailgate still took place in the Mercy Behavioral Health Parking Lot on the corner of Reedsdale and Fontella, but instead of SN1's truck and flagpole being right on that street corner opposite the casino like we were last year, everything was moved in the lot right behind the Mercy Behavioral Health building beneath the highway underpass to guard from the rain that was falling all afternoon long up until game time. It was the same white truck and the same Steeler flagpole with the same Steeler helmet as usual, only it was under the cover of the highway behind the building instead of out in the open on the side of the same building.

SN1's crew was well-represented with a good dozen or so people that came with him. Good folks...even though one of the guys had the poor fashion sense to wear an old school Welker jersey and a Red Sox cap. At least Jazz was smart enough to don Steeler gear in Pittsburgh even though he is a die-hard Cowboy fan (he must have enjoyed watching that 33-20 victory over the Giants while at the casino for the late afternoon slate of games).

Angle schooled my @$$ in cornhole (that sounds really bad), but I made up for that loss (It was all Indo's fault, I tell you! Just kidding...I think we each accounted for 1 measly point in our epic 15-2 defeat) by taking back some cash throwing some dice with the fellas. In addition to SN1's wild (but extremely hospitable and welcoming) bunch, we had me and my Dad (briefly at least...before he went into the casino where he could lose some real money), Jiga and his buddy Matt, buckeyehoppy and Mrs. Hoppy, and Costanza's 4 man crew that flew in from California the previous day. As far as I could tell, a good time was had by all (until that crapfest of a game happened at least). Thanks once again to our gracious hosts. I'll try to get some pics posted soon (of course, I told the same thing to SASF several weeks ago and still have not fulfilled that promise yet...I hope to post some of those pics soon as well...really...I mean it this time).

Hope this rambling made some sense. I stayed awake with my Dad in the car until after 4:00 a.m. (probably passed out somewhere in the Williamsport/Lock Haven area), got back to my parent's house at 6:15, then crashed a few hours on their couch before coming in to work a few hours late (but since my boss told me that our computers were down all morning, I didn't miss anything). I think it's time for some more caffeine...

Jigawatts
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
To sum up what Ruthless said, the tailgate was much less depressing than the game.

costanza2k1
11-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah the tailgate was a blast! Thanks so much for setting this up! SN1s crew was second to none and it was very cool to meet Jiga and Ruthless in person, hopefully next year we pull out a victory as well.

Iron Shiek
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
So it seems by the list of participants, that a lot of the names were the same as last year except Costanza was there in mine and stlrz_d's place.

Cos...the loss is now squarely pinned on your shoulders. (Us not being there is irrelevant in my view of the world!)

:moon

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
So it seems by the list of participants, that a lot of the names were the same as last year except Costanza was there in mine and stlrz_d's place.

Cos...the loss is now squarely pinned on your shoulders. (Us not being there is irrelevant in my view of the world!)

Skee-Lo not being there is what caused the loss. Steel Magnolias even showed up for some pre-game "entertainment" again, just like last year. :lol: I'm feeling a new and improved Skee-Lo/Shieky/Steel Magnolias photoshop a'brewin!!!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelMagnolias.jpg

skyhawk
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
We were bummed out cuz we couldn't find you guys :(

We walked around in the area and asked people if they were PlanetSteelers or knew where you were. I wish there was a sign or something that said PlanetSteelers!

That game totally sucked. So did my 7 hr plane flight back to Seattle. Still, it was fun to be at the game and around all of Steeler Nation! :tt2

costanza2k1
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm 3-3 lifetime at Heinz...I was in shock just like everyone else. I honestly thought we would compete with these guys. Good thing I got liquored up before the game. I did have fun making fun of some bandwagon dork during the game. I kept calling him Grogan and he had no clue why I was saying that.

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2010, 01:03 PM

I'm 3-3 lifetime at Heinz...I was in shock just like everyone else. I honestly thought we would compete with these guys. Good thing I got liquored up before the game. I did have fun making fun of some bandwagon dork during the game. I kept calling him Grogan and he had no clue why I was saying that.

Isn't it scary that we know more about their teams than they do? Did you ask him where his neck roll was?

SteelerNation1
11-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm finally ready to post my thoughts on the Planet Tailgate 2010. I had an awesome time tailgating. Ruthless' shut-the-box skills were 2nd to none. :lol: Costanza and his crew are not good at cornhole. I wouldn't recommend playing in a tournament with those guys. :moon It was great to see jig and buckeyehoppy. It really was an awesome tailgate, as usual. I need to post some pics when I get a chance. I always feel stretched too thin and I always feel like I never get to spend enough time just chatting. I arrived at the lot around noon and still feel like I didn't have enough time to tailgate. I'm already looking forward to the 2011 Planet tailgate III.

As far as the game goes...it sucked...I'm ready to move on. Beat the F'in Raiders! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

costanza2k1
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
... :lol: Costanza and his crew are not good at cornhole. I wouldn't recommend playing in a tournament with those guys. :moon...

Well I don't know about Jas but I actually sunk some in, I quickly entered the suck zone afterwards...

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I went through my pics and a lot of them came out crappy because I wasn't using a flash at first and the lighting sucked under the highway with the overcast rainy weather all afternoon.

Here are a couple of pics showing the general setup for the Tailgate beneath the overpass:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410009.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410005.jpg

Here is Angle answering that stupid horn that kept blowing every 5 damn minutes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410004.jpg

Buckeyehoppy and Jiga (with Mrs. Hoppy in the foreground):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410010.jpg

Cos2k1 and his ol' pal Jas (Indo is on the right):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410003.jpg

Jiga's buddy Matt talking to the Hoppies:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410014.jpg

The infamous dice box:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410013.jpg

The group shot of the crew (minus a few...Jiga and Matt left to get their tickets out of their car and my Dad and Jas were over in the casino when this was taken...we probably should have planned better and taken a group shot earlier when everyone was there):

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410015.jpg

And of course, for the benefit of Iron Shiek and Skee-Lo, our pre-game entertainment was once again Steel Magnolias!!! :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410017.jpg

AkronSteel
11-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Sorry I missed the tailgate guys!!! My son's birthday party was Sunday at 4 and I couldn't reschedule! Glad I didn't spend funds to watch that game y'all did but still would have liked hanging out!!! Looks like everyone had a good time anyways!!! Hopefully I can make it next year!!!

fordfixer
11-20-2010, 01:15 AM

So who is who?

Jigawatts
11-20-2010, 10:49 AM
So who is who?

I'm the guy who walked to my car while everyone else was taking the photograph. :lol:

fordfixer
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM

Iron Shiek
11-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Nice Lebeau jersey Ruthless! You shoulda sported it D!ck style when he had on his steelers jersey:
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2010/06/lebeaux-large.jpg

Hilarious, they must love trotting Steel Magnolias out for the night games. I don't even know who they are, but hilarious anyway that you posted that pic.

Let the photoshopping begin.

costanza2k1
11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
So who is who?

I'm the guy who walked to my car while everyone else was taking the photograph. :lol:

Yeah that sucked...I'm the guy with the Harrison throwback and gold cap.

RuthlessBurgher
11-20-2010, 04:12 PM

So who is who?

Okay, kneeling in front is buckeyehoppy in the Harrison jersey (his wife has her arm around him) and SN1 is next to him (with the eye black stickers) and his Dad has his hand on SN1's shoulder. Cos2k1 is directly behind SN1's dad with his arm around Angle. Meanwhile, I've got my arm around Angle's wife instead (I'm wearing the LeBeau throwback powder blue jersey). The father and son next to cos2k1 came with him from California, but I forget their names already. The 4 guys in the middle are all a part of SN1's crew, but once again, I suck with names. Jiga was in this picture originally, but since he was unable to get his parents together at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance, he unfortunately disappeared from the picture. I was able to get an extreme close-up of Jiga, though:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410011.jpg

fordfixer
11-20-2010, 04:41 PM

RuthlessBurgher
12-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Here are some pics (that I have been promising for a while) of the game against Cleveland in October for Ben's first game back from suspension
(not the official Planet Tailgate, but since SN1, Jiga, SASF, and myself were all there hanging out, it counts).
I got better quality pics during this game than the overcast Pats game in which it was rainy and gloomy all day, forcing us under the highway.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF002.jpg

Here is the crew: In the back row, it's RuthessBurgher, Babe Ruthless, SteelerNation1, and Jigawatts.
In front of Jiga is SanAntonioSteelerFan and in front of him is SASF Jr.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF022.jpg

Here is the wife getting some face paint.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF028.jpg

Here is the finished product on her cheek while sitting next to some dork in the stands.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF003.jpg

SASF Jr. went for the full-blown complete-face paint, not just the cheek.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF015.jpg

Here we are in Troy Polamalu's locker before the game. :wink:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF016.jpg

SASF Jr. went a step further, trying on Troy's helmet, shoulder pads, and jersey.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF005.jpg

Here's my wife inside the "Fun Machine" trying to catch monoploy money blowing around the phone booth.
I caught more bills than she did, but she managed to find the "golden ticket" (so to speak) which won her
a $10 gift certificate to the Sideline stores inside the stadium.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SteelersBrowns101710WendySASF018.jpg

Lastly, it's RuthlessBurgher and SASF hanging out with the Wolfman, former Steeler guard and current Steeler sideline reporter Craig Wolfley!

:tt2 :tt1