PDA

View Full Version : Almost time for me to leave Pittsburgh - suggestions?

D Rock
04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
In just a handful of short weeks I will be leaving the homeland and heading behind enemy lines. Dallas.

Anyone here familiar with the area? Know which of the local Steelers bars are the best to spend my Sunday afternoons in? Any other recommendations?

fordfixer
04-06-2010, 07:07 PM
In just a handful of short weeks I will be leaving the homeland and heading behind enemy lines. Dallas.

Anyone here familiar with the area? Know which of the local Steelers bars are the best to spend my Sunday afternoons in? Any other recommendations?

Dont take any crap from loud mouth Cowboy's fans :tt1

Wolfhound45
04-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I was stationed in Dallas (Mesquite/Seagoville) for three years (2004-2007). You would be amazed how indifferent the Cowboys fans are. I searched high and low (literally) and could not find anyone that was a "diehard" fan.

I bequeathed a "Three Rivers" stadium print to a local Steelers bar but I cannot remember the name. I never visited it. However, I have to be honest with you, I have NO DOUBT you will find one.

Djfan
04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
http://steelerbars.com/

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070831090140AAiOD6Y

http://www.fanloop.com/sportsbars.php?&barID=50091

You could always join the Steel City Mafia and start something great down there! There are actually members there already.

http://www.steelcitymafia.com

Tell them member #210 referred you.

MicroBioSteel
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
You are going to miss the Burgh. Down here they really don't care about the Cowboys like we care about the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are much more interested in the rivalries that exist in college ball. That makes arguing with them pretty lame.

As far as Steelers fan clubs, the best one is Austin Avenue in Plano. It's OK but not great. None of the organizers are from Pittsburgh. They are just Cowboy haters who picked the Steelers to root for. If I have one regret about my time here in Big D it's that I didn't start a new fan club down in the city. Maybe I'm spoiled by the great fan clubs I've been a part of on the east coast including the PSFCOB and Philly Steelers Club but the club down here doesn't come close to them.

NKySteeler
04-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Slider 'n blues... In Plano... Just a hop, skip, and a jump....

D Rock
04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
You are going to miss the Burgh. Down here they really don't care about the Cowboys like we care about the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are much more interested in the rivalries that exist in college ball. That makes arguing with them pretty lame.

As far as Steelers fan clubs, the best one is Austin Avenue in Plano. It's OK but not great. None of the organizers are from Pittsburgh. They are just Cowboy haters who picked the Steelers to root for. If I have one regret about my time here in Big D it's that I didn't start a new fan club down in the city. Maybe I'm spoiled by the great fan clubs I've been a part of on the east coast including the PSFCOB and Philly Steelers Club but the club down here doesn't come close to them.

Obviously microbiology is what you're involved in down there. I'm going to be going to grad school at UT Southwestern. What are you up to?

rpmpit
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Slider 'n blues... In Plano... Just a hop, skip, and a jump....

How'd I know that you'd know!! :Cheers

And D, my advice to you is DON'T DO IT!!! :tt2

papillon
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I have a suggestion for you...Don't do it! Find a new job or whatever the reason is for you leaving Pittsburgh and change the parameters.

Just sayin...if you can't do that then Good Luck

Pappy

frankthetank1
04-07-2010, 10:34 AM
cowboy fans are so weak. they are hardly football fans. im not sure if there are any die hard cowboy fans. if so they probably aren't from north texas. there are a lot people in dallas that are from other places. the time i lived there i think i knew just as many steeler fans in the area than i knew cowboy fans. there are a ton of steeler fans in texas. much more than any team besides the cowgirls

D Rock
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a suggestion for you...Don't do it! Find a new job or whatever the reason is for you leaving Pittsburgh and change the parameters.

Just sayin...if you can't do that then Good Luck

Pappy

I actually had the choice for grad school between the school in Dallas and going to Pitt. Leaving Pittsburgh sucks, but going to Pitt would suck more.

ghettoscott
04-07-2010, 02:33 PM
If you come down to San Antonio I got you covered..... :Beer