PDA

View Full Version : Official Maurkice Pouncey and Mike Iupati thread.

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.gatorcountry.com/images/uploads/football/PounceyMaurkice_091024_9397_TCasey.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/slides/photos/000/120/813/83466190.jpg.30028.0_display_image.jpg

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/tmpimg2009/091031PounceyMaurkice2513TCasey.jpg

Maurkice Pouncey Scouting Reports:

Pouncey is probably the most complete center to come out for the last few years. Good in both the run and pass games. ... Does a good job of calling shifts on the line and rarely has an errant snap. ... Has very little experience of snapping to a QB under center since UF ran an exclusively shotgun offense. That should only be a minor issue though.

Even though Florida ran a true spread offense, Pouncey showed he can block on power and finesse plays. ... Pouncey moves really well on his feet and shows good agility in pass protection. ... Shows great hand placement in run blocking.

Pouncey is far and away the best center prospect in this year's draft. He started 39 games in three seasons for Florida, playing in 41 total. For his efforts, he was named an All-American and the winner of the Rimington Award in 2009.

Pouncey's best asset is his quickness and athleticism. He gets out of his stance smoothly and sets up nicely. A few tweaks here or there and Pouncey should be solid 10-year starter in the NFL.

A massive (6-foot-5, 318 pounds) center prospect who showcases impressive bend and initial quickness off the snap for his size, Pouncey does a great job of keeping his base low and gaining initial leverage on contact. He possesses a powerful lower body and does a great job of getting his hands inside opposing defenders and driving them off the ball. He's a gifted in-line run blocker and has the ability to consistently push at the point of attack. Pouncey snaps and steps quickly in the pass game and has the fluidity and balance to slide laterally in space and mirror opposing linemen in pass protection. He's fluid for his size with the anchor strength to sit into his stance and keep the pocket clean. One of the best centers to come along in years, Pouncey's combination of size, power and athleticism will likely make him one of the top players at his position in the NFL for years to come.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/53/535727.jpg

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens9362361module83143221photo_1265354247Iup ati1.jpg

http://media.scout.com/media/image/59/594185.jpg

Mike Iupati Scouting Reports:

Iupati is a mauling run blocker, whose immense strength and excellent quickness off the snap makes it near impossible for a defender to push the pocket on him. While he's a departure from the normal small athletic archetype, he's not a immobile "big fatty", moving surprisingly well in space for a man his size.

Iupati's physical skills have drawn comparison to Chiefs guard turned Left Tackle Branden Albert, though Iupati struggled pass protecting at tackle in the Senior Bowl. Iupati might develop into a excellent tackle, and might even be able to kick out to right tackle relatively soon, but it'll take some work to make him a left tackle, if he ever gets there at all.

Has very good pre-snap awareness to diagnose where a play is coming from.... Rarely gets pushed around at the line of scrimmage. Keeps his shoulders square. Always stays on both feet....Gets into position incredibly quickly. Gets from a three-point stance to having his arms up and his legs wide really fluidly. Moves off the line of scrimmage without hesitation. Has the quickness of a Pro Bowl left tackle....Iupati has excellent footwork. Has a quick outside step. When he has to, Iupati works upfield quickly. Picks up stunts against quick ends well..... Good help blocker, especially against ends who work to the inside. Has a strong hand punch to jolt defensive linemen....For a player his size, it's surprising just how good Iupati is at pulling. he works really well on the move, working from left to right. Doesn't make missteps. Is best when his target isn't on the move. ..... Can be dominant on run blocking because of his size and strength. Aggressive off the snap, which helps him get leverage. Does a nice job of moving to the side and pushing defenders into the pile to create running lanes. Keeps a good base and doesn't get pushed back....Does nicely off the snap dipping his shoulder and driving into defenders. His functional strength is ready for the NFL. He's strong throughout his torso and has powerful legs. Looking at his frame, he could even get bigger, which is scary considering he's already at 330 pounds......

Good initial quickness off the snap. Provides a significant jolt to the defender with his punch..... strong hands to latch on to the defender and ride him throughout the play. Good balance and lateral agility to slide with the defender and remain square. Long arms and great lower strength to lock out. Rarely takes a step back even against a powerful bull rush.....Can dominate as a run blocker due to his mass and rare upper-body strength. Provides an explosive initial pop that often knocks the defender back. Very good drive blocker when he plays with leverage and keeps his hands inside. Can physically remove the defender from the hole. Looks to eliminate more than one defender on the play and will release to the second level. Good effort downfield.....Surprisingly agile in getting out and blocking at the second level. Good body control and straight-line speed for a player of his size. Can re-adjust in space to hit the linebacker......Good initial quickness off the snap in pass protection. Even on the rare occasions when beaten off the snap, his long arms and wide-body make it difficult for defenders (including blitzing linebackers) to sneak through his gap. When beaten by quicker defensive tackles in the running game, has the agility and long arms to catch them as they slide by, typically knocking them down and pancaking them.......Made significant progress over the past two seasons and appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential. Size and athleticism combination enough that some will view him as a better offensive tackle.

Iupati has terrific size for an interior blocker. Plays with a lot of toughness and tenacity. Exhibits outstanding power in the running game and in pass protection. Has very good body control and balance. Possesses great short area quickness and really jolts defenders. Appears to have heavy hands in pass protection.

Needs to sustain his blocks longer. Should stay on his initial man and finish off the block. Too often Iupati releases his block to work on another defender.Tends to move around too much instead of staying in his area.Could do a better job of keeping his knees bent in run blocking so defenders don't get under his pads. Iupati has to do a more consistent job with proper hand technique. At times would get complacent and drop his arms.Can get himself in trouble with leverage by playing too high. Has to do a better job of latching on, as he'll knock his opponent back only to see him regroup and get back into the play.Fails to lock onto the defender, at times, preferring to violently shove his target to the ground and look for others..Downfield: Will misjudge angles at times, and miss his intended target.

So in all we have a lineman with fantastic potential who has already tapped enough of it to be a very successful player at the mid-major FBS level. Iupati's issues are coachable and not overly concerning.

Oviedo
04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Pouncey=No Thank You! The Steelers have NEVER drafted a Center in Round 1. Don't ruin a perfect record by taking a second round talent in Round 1.

SteelAbility
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I thought our much bigger immediate need was on D (DB, DE, S, in that order). Good guys (except for maybe Pouncey isn't really a 1st rounder). Just don't meet the immediate need.

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Pouncey is moving up my want list pretty quick. When you think of first round, you think of having that guy for the next 10 years. That reads Pouncey to me. He's the opposite of a project in which I am getting kind of sick of, with our mid to late round OL busts.

You know those redo mocks they do around Week 17, I can see Pouncey's name in the top 5. He has pro written all over him and will not look like a Rookie.. one of the more safer picks in the draft.

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I thought our much bigger immediate need was on D (DB, DE, S, in that order). Good guys (except for maybe Pouncey isn't really a 1st rounder). Just don't meet the immediate need.

Raiders and Broncos are both looking at him at #8 and #11 overall.

SteelAbility
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM

That doesn't add to Pouncey's clout. That does.

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Titans are also looking at him at #16 to replace Mawae, keeping the Chris Johnson hype in motion..

Bottom line, he is a first round talent. The latest he'll go is #30 to the Vikings.

More teams are looking at him in the first, than with Alex Mack last year.

Dee Dub
04-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!! Thank God!! Finally the "Official" Pouncy and Iupati Thread. I've been waitin for this all off season. Tired of all those fake as@ un-official threads before.

:HeadBanger

calmkiller
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Titans are also looking at him at #16 to replace Mawae, keeping the Chris Johnson hype in motion..

Bottom line, he is a first round talent. The latest he'll go is #30 to the Vikings.

Wrong! Just because he is the best Center in this draft does NOT make him a first round talent. He is not better than Mangold or Mack who were first round talents. Just plain NO.

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Wrong! Just because he is the best Center in this draft does NOT make him a first round talent. He is not better than Mangold or Mack who were first round talents. Just plain NO.

Of course you don't see him as a first round talent when you got Kyle Wilson rated as a 2nd rounder, and Rodger Saffold as a 3rd. :)

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!! Thank God!! Finally the "Official" Pouncy and Iupati Thread. I've been waitin for this all off season. Tired of all those fake as@ un-official threads before.

:HeadBanger

Yeah, maybe they got moved like the rest of your threads. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I would be all over these guys if we were picking in the mid-to-late 20's or early 30's. But since we are picking in the teens this year, I want an impact defensive player. However, if either Iupati or Pouncey fell into the 30's, I would be willing to trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up to get him.

Shawn
04-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Like the article says...he's the best center to come out in years. He is better than any that were drafted in the first last season. He is a complete OLman...smart, strong and agile. His ability to move in space and hit the second level on pulls is truly awesome. He can also punch it out in the phone booth. Unless a freak falls like Thomas, Berry or Haden I don't think we pass on him. Generally, I hate taking interior linemen this early but I think he breaks the typical Steeler mold and starts day 1 out of camp. He is an instant upgrade. If he is there...and if one of those three don't fall I think he will be the pick.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Or maybe they are looking at him at #39 and #45 overall?

pfelix73
04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I just thank my lucky stars that you guys aren't the ones who actually draft for this team, or we'd be in big trouble. :lol:

Pouncy in the 2nd round would be more like it. Not at 18.
:tt1

Shawn
04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I just thank my lucky stars that you guys aren't the ones who actually draft for this team, or we'd be in big trouble. :lol:

I have some Steeler signed memorbilia up for a bet. Pouncey will be a first round pick. Any takers?

WoodleyofTroy
04-06-2010, 09:51 PM

I have some Steeler signed memorbilia up for a bet. Pouncey will be a first round pick. Any takers?

Only people that don't follow the draft and just look at "Center" would take that bet.

SS Laser
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM

How about a bet if he goes at 18 or sooner? He will not is my bet.

Shawn
04-07-2010, 12:52 AM

How about a bet if he goes at 18 or sooner? He will not is my bet.

That is possible...but to say he isn't a first round talent is ridiculous.

Oviedo
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Ugh!!!! :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

How many of you guys have watched more than one game that Pouncey has played in? The guys is not a power blocker. He will get eaten alive by Shaun Rogers, Haloti Ngata, etc.

Watch how he played. UofF ran everything to the edge and a outside. The interior of their OL led by Pouncey and his brother did not open holes in the middle. Most of Pouncey's blocks were on the second level picking off LBs who were in lateral pursuit. Watch Tebow's runs up the middle. Most times there were no holes and it was his power alone that got him through the seams in his inside runs.

Pouncey will not improve our running game one bit. Iupati would be a much better selection that Pouncey because he is a more powerful blocker.

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM

I think that Minnesota (if they don't take a corner or DT) or Indy (if they don't take an OT or DT) could be possible destinations for Pouncey at the bottom of round one.

frankthetank1
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM

How many of you guys have watched more than one game that Pouncey has played in? The guys is not a power blocker. He will get eaten alive by Shaun Rogers, Haloti Ngata, etc.

Watch how he played. UofF ran everything to the edge and a outside. The interior of their OL led by Pouncey and his brother did not open holes in the middle. Most of Pouncey's blocks were on the second level picking off LBs who were in lateral pursuit. Watch Tebow's runs up the middle. Most times there were no holes and it was his power alone that got him through the seams in his inside runs.

Pouncey will not improve our running game one bit. Iupati would be a much better selection that Pouncey because he is a more powerful blocker.

i have which is why i dont want pouncey or joe haden. at least haden would address a big need though. i would rather have kyle wilson or thomas before haden.

how big of a need is center? in the future yes, but not right now at #18. i would rather draft a rb that high instead of a center who wont see the field until year 2 at the earliest

flippy
04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Just wondering - what if we could turn Iupati into a LT? That might be the only reason I'd like him at the #18 pick.

Anyone think he's a legit tackle?

Oviedo
04-07-2010, 10:50 AM

i have which is why i dont want pouncey or joe haden. at least haden would address a big need though. i would rather have kyle wilson or thomas before haden.

how big of a need is center? in the future yes, but not right now at #18. i would rather draft a rb that high instead of a center who wont see the field until year 2 at the earliest

FTT1--you get it. Pouncey and Haden are products of a team with overwhelming talent. Like I said watch them in the games that Florida lost or that were close. They look far less impressive than the hype they have coming out of Florida.

Florida built up such big early leads in so many of their games it totally skewed how their opponents played against forcing them to be totally one dimensional and pass every down. If you want a true impression of Pouncey and Haden rewatch the SEC Championship game against Alabama where the talent level wasn't so uneven. Nothing special from either one of them.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I like Pouncey but if I had to pick between him and Iupati, I would take Iupati hands down. A guy I really like to be our future at C is Jon Asamoah from Illinois. He hasn't worked out yet because of his injury at the Senior Bowl. I believe he works out 4/8 so we will see if the Steelers have interest. Rated as a 2nd rounder (2nd best OG) but might even fall into the 3rd after they confirm his arm length. He measured a little over 31" I believe at the Senior Bowl. Practiced at C for Illinois throughout his college career. Was more valuable at G because of his agility & quickness for pulling. Keep that name in mind.

SteelAbility
04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Well this thread is living up to the "official" label for Pouncey ...

We are officially divided on whether Pouncey is a 1st or 2nd round talent. ;)

Shawn
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM

I've seen alot of Pouncey personally. I watched him knowing he could be a part of the Steelers plans this year. So, yeah I will have to disagree with you. Pouncey was blocking in a system very different from the Steelers. He was required to do different things. What I noticed was he didn't get beat...he was agile...able to pull better than any center I can remember in recent history...and enough run blocking ability to be an instant upgrade over Hartwig. So, I have to agree with the author when I say he is a gifted run blocker. He will not get mauled by the big NTs of the league. I think people really need to get used to this pick...because the more I think about it...the more I believe that is where the Steelers will go with their first pick.

Shawn
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Just wondering - what if we could turn Iupati into a LT? That might be the only reason I'd like him at the #18 pick.

I'm not sure why some people like yourself are looking for a LT. Starks is a very solid LT.

Oviedo
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM

I've seen alot of Pouncey personally. I watched him knowing he could be a part of the Steelers plans this year. So, yeah I will have to disagree with you. Pouncey was blocking in a system very different from the Steelers. He was required to do different things. What I noticed was he didn't get beat...he was agile...able to pull better than any center I can remember in recent history...and enough run blocking ability to be an instant upgrade over Hartwig. So, I have to agree with the author when I say he is a gifted run blocker. He will not get mauled by the big NTs of the league. I think people really need to get used to this pick...because the more I think about it...the more I believe that is where the Steelers will go with their first pick.

It will be what it will be but Pouncey will be a big mistake. If he is the guy I really, really hope I am wrong and the experts are right but I don't think we will see what folks here expect. To pay a Center mid 1st Round money is just crazy IMO.

flippy
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM

I'm not sure why some people like yourself are looking for a LT. Starks is a very solid LT.

I'm not. I just can't make any sense out of drafting a G or C with the #18 pick. Gs and Cs can be had later in the draft. About the only way I'd consider them is if it was Dirt Dawson, but even he was a 2nd rounder.

Pick 18 should be a premiere skill player.

WoodleyofTroy
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Starks - 3rd round
Kemoeatu - 6th round
Hartwig - Undrafted
Essex/Urbik - 3rd round
Colon - 5th round

And people wonder why our OL is the laughing stock of the league.

Remember this?

Marvel Smith - 2nd round
Faneca - 1st round
Hartings - 1st round
Simmons - 1st round
Starks - 3rd round

All this "Center and Guard aren't worth first rounders" and "value" stuff needs to stop.

Alex Mack and Eric Wood were never mentioned in the 15-20 area like Pouncey and Iupati are. Is that because last years' first round was overall stronger pushing them down? I don't know. But these two are by far worth wherever they get selected.

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Starks - 3rd round
Kemoeatu - 6th round
Hartwig - Undrafted
Essex/Urbik - 3rd round
Colon - 5th round

Remember this?

Marvel Smith - 2nd round
Faneca - 1st round
Hartings - 1st round
Simmons - 1st round
Starks - 3rd round

All this "Center and Guard aren't worth first rounders" and "value" stuff needs to stop.

Alex Mack and Eric Wood were never mentioned in the 15-20 area like Pouncey and Iupati are. Is that because last years' first round was overall stronger pushing them down? I don't know. But these two are by far worth wherever they get selected.

Well, Colon was a 4th round pick and Hartwig was a 6th round pick, but your point is well taken nonetheless.

Oviedo
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Starks - 3rd round
Kemoeatu - 6th round
Hartwig - Undrafted
Essex/Urbik - 3rd round
Colon - 5th round

Remember this?

Marvel Smith - 2nd round
Faneca - 1st round
Hartings - 1st round
Simmons - 1st round
Starks - 3rd round

Iupati is worthy of a Round 1 pick, Pouncey is not. Harting is listed as a Center as a Round 1 pick but he was selected as a Guard. Also, Faneca was picked #26, Simmons was picked #30 and Hartings was picked #23. None in the teens and none as high as people are advocating for Pouncey at #18 which is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if taking Pouncey at #18 would be the highest a Center has been taken this decade. Should tell you something.

I can also go through the list of the greatest Centers in Steelers history and NONE were Round 1 picks. Don't ignore that to support your argument.

WoodleyofTroy
04-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Starks - 3rd round
Kemoeatu - 6th round
Hartwig - Undrafted
Essex/Urbik - 3rd round
Colon - 5th round

Remember this?

Marvel Smith - 2nd round
Faneca - 1st round
Hartings - 1st round
Simmons - 1st round
Starks - 3rd round

Iupati is worthy of a Round 1 pick, Pouncey is not. Harting is listed as a Center as a Round 1 pick but he was selected as a Guard. Also, Faneca was picked #26, Simmons was picked #30 and Hartings was picked #23. None in the teens and none as high as people are advocating for Pouncey at #18 which is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if taking Pouncey at #18 would be the highest a Center has been taken this decade. Should tell you something.

I can also go through the list of the greatest Centers in Steelers history and NONE were Round 1 picks. Don't ignore that to support your argument.

Which is what makes him special. :wink:

flippy
04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
The laughable line was good enough to win a SuperBowl and they weren't the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year.

The formula for success is: Ben + Defense = Championships

We learned last year, the defense cannot play without Troy. And again, they cannot succeed without Smitty. Assuming Ben gets to play, our top picks imho should upgrade the D.

Oviedo
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
The laughable line was good enough to win a SuperBowl and they weren't the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year.

We learned last year, the defense cannot play without Troy. And again, they cannot succeed without Smitty. Assuming Ben gets to play, our top picks imho should upgrade the D.

Just say NO to OL at #18, Full Speed Ahead with Defense!!!!!!!!!!!

WoodleyofTroy
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM

Well I already stated that my top 4 are Haden, McClain, Thomas, and Graham, but when you see the Ravens spending high picks on Grubbs, Oher, and Gaither (supplemental), Browns with Mack and Thomas... teams starting to figure it out, building the lines, I don't want it to hit us out of nowhere (finishing in the middle of the division like in 2002-2004)..

I would like to build a dominant Offensive Line again.

flippy
04-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Well I already stated that my top 4 are Haden, McClain, Thomas, and Graham, but when you see the Ravens spending high picks on Grubbs, Oher, and Gaither (supplemental), Browns with Mack and Thomas... teams starting to figure it out, building the lines, I don't want it to hit us out of nowhere (finishing in the middle of the division like in 2002-2004)..

I feel ya. I'd like the line to be better for sure. But I just see it as lower priority and think you can get just as good linemen later in the draft - except a premiere LT who will usually go at the very top of the draft.

And if Iupati can be a left tackle, I see value at 18. Just not as much if it's any other position on the line.

I don't think this is as true as other positions.

I'd look at Pouncey in round 2 or some others.

flippy
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM

I feel ya. I'd like the line to be better for sure. But I just see it as lower priority and think you can get just as good linemen later in the draft - except a premiere LT who will usually go at the very top of the draft.

And if Iupati can be a left tackle, I see value at 18. Just not as much if it's any other position on the line.

I don't think this is as true as other positions.

I'd look at Pouncey in round 2 or some others.

SteelAbility
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM

You can. At the expense of your D. It's an issue juggling the two ... if you are doing this through the draft. Otherwise, perhaps your thought is to build OL with the draft and build D with free agency? (since the cap is going away)

birtikidis
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
so since we never drafted a Center in round one, we should never draft one in the first round in the future? that's pretty stupid.

Shawn
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
so since we never drafted a Center in round one, we should never draft one in the first round in the future? that's pretty stupid.

Birt...you have seen more of Pouncey than most of us. Opinion?

birtikidis
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Birt...you have seen more of Pouncey than most of us. Opinion?
I love Pouncey. I'd take him in the first. he has great tech, good feet, he's agile. all those things. it's no joke. saying that, I think we won't take him. and i say that because we have much more pressing needs and the talent will be comparable (as in pouncey is as much of an upgrade as thomas is to clark or wilson is to gay... if that makes sense) but, age is the biggest factor IMO. If Farrior, JH, Casey etc, weren't so old on the defensive side of the ball I think we'd go with a center.
Oh, and Pouncey had one of the best work ethics on the team. and he's a good character guy.
lastly for those that want to put these guys down for being on such a talented team (ie Haden, Pouncey, spikes, etc), look at how long they were starting. Haden started as a true freshman, Pouncey has been playing regularly since being a freshman etc. these guys are WHY the gators had so much talent not a product of what was around them.

so, hopefully I didn't ramble and confuse!

Chadman
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Both Pouncey & Iupati have been brought in for a look....Chadman's opinion- Iupati is the 'safe' pick at #18 if no 'superstar' that the Steelers like is available.

Pouncey is 'trade down' option #1 or #2 depending on where a guy like Odrick is placed on draft day.

It'll be interesting to see what interior OL position they look to upgrade- it might say a lot about Kraig Urbik, or Doug Legursky, if one or the other position is added in rounds 1 or 2.

Oviedo
04-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Both Pouncey & Iupati have been brought in for a look....Chadman's opinion- Iupati is the 'safe' pick at #18 if no 'superstar' that the Steelers like is available.

Pouncey is 'trade down' option #1 or #2 depending on where a guy like Odrick is placed on draft day.

It'll be interesting to see what interior OL position they look to upgrade- it might say a lot about Kraig Urbik, or Doug Legursky, if one or the other position is added in rounds 1 or 2.

Iupati is a legit #18 pick. Why pick and Center and have him play Guard to get experience when you can get the clear best Guard in the draft.

I'm not sure taking one of these guys means anything about Legursky or Urbik. That assumes that Kemo is safe and can't be improved upon. I think Kemo had numerous lapses last season and I don't see him as a long term solution at Guard. Maybe another year or two but his contract could be dumped without much of a hit.

Chadman
04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Chadman is going to go ahead & assume Kemo is safe for now...he's probably the best OL the Steelers have, at this point.

The real trouble spots have been Center & RG- have been for a few years now.

birtikidis
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Chadman is going to go ahead & assume Kemo is safe for now...he's probably the best OL the Steelers have, at this point.

The real trouble spots have been Center & RG- have been for a few years now.
you could also legitimately have an arguement that our center has been SO BAD for so long that our Guards look terrible.
wish the trib board was still up, cause I distinctly remember people complaining about Faneca's play slipping.