PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers thought Ben would be suspended or worse...

rpmpit
04-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Don't you think they would have done more to keep FWP? Without Ben, I would think it would be incredibly important to have as many veteran guys as possible in the locker room. Does letting Parker walk indicate that the Steelers believe this will all be resolved fairly soon and Ben won't be suspended and/or charged??

hawaiiansteel
04-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Don't you think they would have done more to keep FWP? Without Ben, I would think it would be incredibly important to have as many veteran guys as possible in the locker room. Does letting Parker walk indicate that the Steelers believe this will all be resolved fairly soon and Ben won't be suspended and/or charged??

Fast Willie was not happy with how little he was used last year, the last thing we need right now is a guy on our roster who wants to be a problem or is not happy.

i have always been a Parker fan and thank him for his contributions, but it was time to move on for both parties.

i think a better indicator of Ben's status is whether or not we use a higher (Rd. 1-3) draft choice on a QB in a couple of weeks.

Chadman
04-06-2010, 02:44 AM
No, doubt that the Steelers would draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 regardless of Ben's status.

Dixon will be viewed as the back-up option. It'll be more of an indication if the Steelers try to acquire a veteran QB along the lines of Leftwich.