PDA

View Full Version : Finish this deal...

D Rock
04-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Redskins get: Santonio Holmes

Steelers get: Jason Campbell and _____

what would it take for you to pull the trigger on this deal?

Lebsteel
04-05-2010, 04:26 PM

No on Jason Campbell (at least right now). But, I'd take their Rd. 1 pick next year.

hawaiiansteel
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
i read the Redskins are allowing Campbell to explore trade options, the Carolina Panthers are his most likely landing place.

and no thanks to any trade where we get Jason Campbell, i would rather take my chances with Dennis Dixon.

RuthlessBurgher
04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Holmes and the #18 pick for the #4 pick. I'd be happy with Suh, Berry, or Okung there.

Ben210
04-05-2010, 04:35 PM

My brain lying in a jar next to a Coroner's table.

PSU_dropout43
04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Holmes for jason campbell + 3rd round pick. Get 'Er Done!

D Rock
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
:Agree

Campbell is a skilled quarterback. He would be an excellent insurance policy.

I don't think Holmes is worth more than a high second, so I would certainly take a third and Campbell.

steelerkeylargo
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Holmes & our 5th rd. pick for Redskins 2nd round & Malcolm Kelly :Beer

flippy
04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
1. Fast Willie Parker - I miss him already

2. Maake Kemoeatu - Chris probably misses his bro

3. Brian Orakpo - Joe Theismann said his name so many times the last time we played, I have a hard time thinking of any other Redskin

4. LaRon Landry - Then we don't have to bother hoping Berry falls

5. The #4 pick

Snatch98
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I always get a good laugh out of these threads. I don't want to trade Santonio at all and sure as hell wouldn't move him with Jason Campbell involved in the deal or any redskin for that matter. I can't think of anyone on that entire roster I'd want in a Steeler uniform save Landry and maybe Haynesworth. Players that would address a need that is...

The chicken little scenarios are getting pretty old and while I can see Pittsburgh maybe drafting a QB late or picking one up after the draft, they definitely aren't trading for one. Dixon and Batch will certainly be sufficient and Holmes with his random Weed run ins and a BS assault rap are hardly worth discussing. I know it's the off season but these threads are already old and tired.

EDIT: I forgot about Orkapo.

Snatch98
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Holmes & our 5th rd. pick for Redskins 2nd round & Malcolm Kelly :Beer

lol what? Is the smilie indicative of your current state? Hammered? I wouldn't touch Malcolm Kelly with a ten foot rod and Holmes is certainly worth more than the above. Either way Holmes isn't going anywhere so it doesn't even begin to matter.

Discipline of Steel
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
If I had to pick one player it would be Devon Thomas. There is another qualified young receiver that Ward could coach up in his twilight years. Jason Campbell as competition for Batch at 3rd string. But in reality, I wouldnt do the trade in the first place.

SteelCzar76
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM

I'l open this by saying,..Santonio imo is not a "problem". But for the sake of conversation,...

Santonio for their 1st round pick next April,....nothing more nothing less. It will be all that we need (along with our 1st round pick) to upgrade "the face of the franchise" should it come to such point.

Expect the best,.....but prepare for the worst nonetheless.

SteelBucks
04-06-2010, 07:45 AM
[quote="PSU_dropout43":rf94h096]Holmes for jason campbell + 3rd round pick. Get 'Er Done!

Campbell is a skilled quarterback. [/quote:rf94h096]

That's debatable.

ramblinjim
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
[quote="PSU_dropout43":3ofx2t77]Holmes for jason campbell + 3rd round pick. Get 'Er Done!

Campbell is a skilled quarterback.

That's debatable.[/quote:3ofx2t77]

Santonio and our 1st rounder for their #4 pick where we either pick Okung or Suh. That wouldn't be a bad deal and we get another wide receiver with our pick in round 2 (Benn?)

Let me say this about Campbell. Since he has been in the NFL, he has either had a new head coach, new OC or new QB coach every year he's been in the league. He's shown a lot of class since he's been here in Washington and most Washingtonians actually hope he lands somewhere decent. Also, he has a cannon of an arm and would not under throw Holmes or Wallace going down field.

The 'Skins also don't have a second round pick this year (for McNabb) or a third rounder (lord knows, probably gave that up for someone no longer on the team). And we don't want Landry, he can't cover me and bites on every pump fake and play action known to man.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Who was it on this board (or maybe the Trib board was still alive back then) that had an uber-man-crush on LaRon Landry that draft year?

D Rock
04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
[quote="PSU_dropout43":149gtxzj]Holmes for jason campbell + 3rd round pick. Get 'Er Done!

Campbell is a skilled quarterback.

That's debatable.[/quote:149gtxzj]

Season Team G QBRat Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD Int
2008 Washington 16 84.3 315 506 62.3 3245 202.8 6.4 13 6
2009 Washington 16 86.4 327 507 64.5 3618 226.1 7.1 20 15

That certainly looks to me like the markings of a skilled quarterback turning a corner after having a couple of years to learn to play in the NFL.

SteelAbility
04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
No way I'd give Holmes for Campbell and a 3rd. Campbell and 2nd, maybe. Campbell and a 1st, certainly.

MeetJoeGreene
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Holmes and the #18 pick for the #4 pick. I'd be happy with Suh, Berry, or Okung there.

This one actually would tempt me.

SteelAbility
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Holmes for Campbell and Parker. :P

Better yet ...

Holmes for Campbell and McNabb. ;)

Dee Dub
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Who was it on this board (or maybe the Trib board was still alive back then) that had an uber-man-crush on LaRon Landry that draft year?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...did somebody ring??? :wink:

Dee Dub
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM

Washington does not have a 3rd round pick this year....nor a second rounder for that matter.

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2010, 01:31 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...did somebody ring??? :wink:

I forgot who it was...just remembered some big pimpin of that guy in particular.

But kudos for stepping up and admitting when one of your pre-draft predictions doesn't pan out quite as expected.

Hell...I was hoping Adam Carriker would fall to us at #15 a few years ago, and he hasn't done jack squat in this league so far. D'Oh!

Dee Dub
04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
But kudos for stepping up and admitting when one of your pre-draft predictions doesn't pan out quite as expected.

Disagree! I think Landry has done just fine. I can only imagine what he would have done to this point had he still had Sean Taylor next to him.