PDA

View Full Version : draft...position felxibilty how would they compare

steeler_george
04-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I was just wondering, with some position flexibility where would some players be compared in that position.

Iputi as a legit LT. Would he be ranked as a top 5 tackle.

Thomas as a CB. Better than Wilson?

Saffold or Pouncey a dominant G?

I am sure there a few other players who fit this bill as well.

Lebsteel
04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I was just wondering, with some position flexibility where would some players be compared in that position.

Iupati is not a legit LT prospect, but probably a RT. Definitely a LG or RG.

Thomas has all the measurables and skills to be a great CB, but hasn't played it in college. It would be a little bit of a risk to solely use him at CB, safer bet at FS.

Pouncey is too light at 305 lbs. IMO to be a great guard prospect. Center yes, guard no. Saffold seems to have the skills to be a LT prospect and has the size to be a good guard for the Steelers.

Chadman
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Iupati is not a legit LT prospect, but probably a RT. Definitely a LG or RG.

Thomas has all the measurables and skills to be a great CB, but hasn't played it in college. It would be a little bit of a risk to solely use him at CB, safer bet at FS.

Pouncey is too light at 305 lbs. IMO to be a great guard prospect. Center yes, guard no. Saffold seems to have the skills to be a LT prospect and has the size to be a good guard for the Steelers.

but hasn't played it in college. It would be a little bit of a risk to solely use him at CB, safer bet at FS

A little bit of a risk? Chadman finds it amazing that, as a board, and a somewhat intelligent one at that, there are some posters that believe taking Thomas as anything BUT a FS is not more than ' a little risk'.

If he was a top 18 CB, he'd have played CB at college. FS is where guys that are not good enough to play CB go. That is why the lesser athletic, stiffer CB's are often projected to move to FS. Not the other way around.

If Thomas couldn't get a run at CB for Texas, don't project him to gain the skills at the NFL level.

You want a CB? Draft a CB.

SS Laser
04-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Ok I know most guys do not like thomas as a CB. But if he is really an elite safety he could be a good corner. I remember carnell lake playing corner and was ok? Just had to say that. :stirpot

Chadman
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok I know most guys do not like thomas as a CB. But if he is really an elite safety he could be a good corner. I remember carnell lake playing corner and was ok? Just had to say that. :stirpot

Yes, that exception to the rule proves it's hardly a risk to move a career safety to the more demanding position of CB.... :D

SS Laser
04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
SS Laser like to get Chadman to post just so SS Laser can see Chadmans half naked sig again!