PDA

View Full Version : Comment from a supposed Georgia student?

spyboots
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Remember the articles about the Georgia college taking down Facebooks, web pages, and other stuff at the school?

This comment was posted in reply to thie article below, and wouldn't only another student know what was posted on the Facebooks, etc., that the college took down? And who knows if this is true anyway, but it's very interesting. (If true, is this why the "friend" was trying to get to the bathroom -- to take a picture?)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Roe ... again.html (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Roethlisberger-accuser-reportedly-declines-to-be-interviewed-again.html)

The Comment:
MAK20
Mar 26, 2010
03:41 PM

The ZTA woman falsely accusing Ben Roethlisberger was drunk when she and ZTA "sisters" intentionally began following him from club to club.
What is said on GCSU is that it was all part of a plan to extort Ben Roethlisberger; the false accuser would proposition him and the second one would walk in and snap a valuable picture.

How easy for ZTA staff and members to unconscionably lie; now one is saying she couldn't get past a bodyguard- if the woman was so concerned why didn't she immediately get the Bar Manager or other staff, or dial 911?

The woman and her friends (aka "sisters" sorority Kappa Upsilon of ZetaTauAlpha, GCSU) destroyed pertinent evidence Sexts,Texts,Emails,Records,Sorority events "Standup StandOut -Against men" webpages, with their ZTA Nat. Dir.Deb Ensor and their Nat.IT Dir.Ms.J.Syrus; In destroying over a thousand pieces of pertinent evidence the ZTA women obstruct justice for one victim: Ben Roethlisberger; and destroyed pertinent evidence for the benefit of the acusser and ZTA.

Enron execs. went to prison for destroying records and falsifying reports. These ZTA women need to be equally prosecuted for their crimes.

GCSU has a Code of honor all ZTA membership are marticulated to and it includes expulsion for crimes such as Public Drunkeness.

Ben Roethlisberger is innocent of wrongdoing. Consentual intimacy is not a crime.

(Here's the article where it states the students were to take down the Facebook and Twitter accounts: http://www.tmz.com/tag/sorority/ )

JAR
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
This really wouldn't surprise me one bit. The first sign of something fishy was the scrubbing of FB pages. I've maintained something like this is what happened from the beginning. This could very well be why the investigator said many would be eating crow since it's Ben who has been raked over the coals.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't give the comment too much reliability at this point, though I really do hope it's true.

I had forgotten about the scrubbing of the digital record - THAT seems huge. I'm pretty sure stuff like that is never gone, but I've heard it's hard to get access to it after the fact, usually involving a court order.

Since we haven't heard of a court order to that effect, does that mean Ben's lawyer has not accessed all those erased facebook, twitter, email, etc. accounts?

Shawn
04-04-2010, 09:54 AM
This really wouldn't surprise me one bit. The first sign of something fishy was the scrubbing of FB pages. I've maintained something like this is what happened from the beginning. This could very well be why the investigator said many would be eating crow since it's Ben who has been raked over the coals.

Agreed. Innocent people generally don't scrub all public/private records when victimized. I know I have some BnG goggles on...but I think I would feel the same way if it were Manning who was being accused. Lets look at some of the facts of the case. They do not point to Ben's guilt.

1) This girl was seen with Ben at multiple establishments. It's obvious she was enjoying his company or had intent.
2) She most likely went into a unisex bathroom willingly with Ben.
3) She was tore up drunk. She tested at a .2 after the event...possibly an hour+ after the event meaning she was even more drunk at the time of the alleged incident.
4) She had lied earlier that month giving a false document of her legal age to obtain alcohol.
5) If the current allegation about the sorority is true...they were sponsoring an event with anti-male sentiment.
6) Supporting #5 is the fact that they took down all facebook references to the girl and sorority. Even more private accounts were erased.
7) GBI no longer wants Ben's DNA...meaning no body fluids were either exchanged or found.
8) The accuser has been less than cooperative with authorities since sobering up after event...and after speaking with her lawyer.
9) The accuser obtained a lawyer who specializes in civil litigation the day after event.
10) The GBI makes a bold statement about the media eating crow.

We have a community criminal lawyer who believes #10 means they will press charges against Ben. It certainly doesn't look good. But, I think there could be an alternative explanation. This article supports what I want to believe. That this was a money grab...Ben was set up. The GBI could have caught wind of that very early in the investigation and are planning on pressing charges not only against the accuser but some of the associated sorority sisters. It would not only vindicate Ben (who the media have persecuted without any real evidence) but would also show the GBI was doing a full investigation into all possibilities...thus needing to take time to complete the investigation. The eating crow statement could have served a duel purpose...

-That the media had no idea what they were talking about concerning Ben or the way the GBI handles their business.

This is obviously best case scenerio for Ben and it's something I want to believe. But, it does give me a little hope about the "eating crow" statement.

papillon
04-04-2010, 01:06 PM
They can scrub the Facebook pages all they like. If Facebook has any credibility that information has been backed up and archived on a daily basis and can be retrieved rather easily. If the case gets to that point, whatever was on her Facebook pages will be retrieved.

Pappy

Djfan
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
They can scrub the Facebook pages all they like. If Facebook has any credibility that information has been backed up and archived on a daily basis and can be retrieved rather easily. If the case gets to that point, whatever was on her Facebook pages will be retrieved.

Pappy

There are ways to retrieve those pages. They are cached in many computers and servers I bet.

On another board I go to, a guy found the first copy of my webpage from the early 90s. This was only about 3 years ago.

JAR
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Pappy

There are ways to retrieve those pages. They are cached in many computers and servers I bet.

On another board I go to, a guy found the first copy of my webpage from the early 90s. This was only about 3 years ago.

http://www.archive.org/

This is a great site for going back, but it doesn't do FB.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I think things like phone records, etc., need a court order to be released. I'm guessing Facebook, AOL, Myspace, etc. are similar, but I'm not sure.

Either way, the lawyer could get a hold of things if he wanted to. Since we haven't heard about a court order, it may be that either 1) One isn't needed, or 2) He doesn't think he needs that info at this stage.

Geez, I wish this would end. It's like Kremlinology or something.

Shawn
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I think things like phone records, etc., need a court order to be released. I'm guessing Facebook, AOL, Myspace, etc. are similar, but I'm not sure.

Either way, the lawyer could get a hold of things if he wanted to. Since we haven't heard about a court order, it may be that either 1) One isn't needed, or 2) He doesn't think he needs that info at this stage.

Phone records and IP addresses do need a court order. I wouldn't think public pages made for public consumption would need a court order but I could be wrong.

And would we have heard about a court order for these records? Honestly, I'm not sure.

plainnasty
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM

Phone records and IP addresses do need a court order. I wouldn't think public pages made for public consumption would need a court order but I could be wrong.

And would we have heard about a court order for these records? Honestly, I'm not sure.
A subpoena or court order is needed for anything on Facebook that is not available to everyone. So if someone post messages that are only available to their facebook friends, a subpoena is needed.

SS Laser
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
3) She was tore up drunk. She tested at a .2 after the event...possibly an hour+ after the event meaning she was even more drunk at the time of the alleged incident.

I was told that if you are drinking hard core you would have a higher blood alcohol level an hour after you quit drinking.

Here is some net info i found:

It takes an hour to absorb one drink and then another hour to process that drink.

0.09 - 0.25 Excitement Emotional instability; loss of critical judgment. Impairment of perception, memory and comprehension. Decreased sensitory response; increased reaction time. Reduced visual acuity; peripheral vision and glare recovery. Sensory-motor incoordination; impaired balance. Drowsiness.

Alcohol tends to peak in blood alcohol tests about an hour after the drink.

Shawn
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM

A subpoena or court order is needed for anything on Facebook that is not available to everyone. So if someone post messages that are only available to their facebook friends, a subpoena is needed.

That makes sense. But, it's also possible the sorority pages were public pages correct?

Shawn
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM

I was told that if you are drinking hard core you would have a higher blood alcohol level an hour after you quit drinking.

Here is some net info i found:

It takes an hour to absorb one drink and then another hour to process that drink.

0.09 - 0.25 Excitement Emotional instability; loss of critical judgment. Impairment of perception, memory and comprehension. Decreased sensitory response; increased reaction time. Reduced visual acuity; peripheral vision and glare recovery. Sensory-motor incoordination; impaired balance. Drowsiness.

Alcohol tends to peak in blood alcohol tests about an hour after the drink.

How long does it take for you to feel a drink after you have a drink? Absorption and blood alcohol levels depend on alot of factors. A drink on an empty stomach will only take minutes to spike your blood alcohol. And when I mention an hour+ I am being extremely conservative and I would error on the plus. First, how long from the event did it take for her to arrive to the hospital? Then how long did it take for her to get back to a room and been seen by a physician? Then from the physician's order to getting the blood draw? Since, I have no way of knowing how far the hospital is...how much of a wait time in the ER was that night...how prompt the physician was...how prompt lab was...it's impossible to know exact time. But, it's fair to say that her blood alcohol at the time of the draw didn't represent the blood alcohol at the time of the event. National ER wait times are about an hour. Even though that accusation is significant she would not be deemed an emergency. Those with more acute injuries would be taken back before her. So, it's fair to say the blood draw could have been 2-4 hours after the actual event.

SS Laser
04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
"Those with more acute injuries would be taken back before her. So, it's fair to say the blood draw could have been 2-4 hours after the actual event."

If the police took her to the ER they do not wait like everyday injuries. They should have been going about it as if a crime had taken place. Not some Joe Blow who cut his finger etc. So not much time should have passed. If you say 2-4 hours. I say 1 or 2 tops if she went stright to the police after leaving the bar.

I am just trying to keep this stuff in perspective and add info. Not trying to argue with you. :Cheers

Shawn
04-04-2010, 11:22 PM
"Those with more acute injuries would be taken back before her. So, it's fair to say the blood draw could have been 2-4 hours after the actual event."

If the police took her to the ER they do not wait like everyday injuries. They should have been going about it as if a crime had taken place. Not some Joe Blow who cut his finger etc. So not much time should have passed. If you say 2-4 hours. I say 1 or 2 tops if she went stright to the police after leaving the bar.

I am just trying to keep this stuff in perspective and add info. Not trying to argue with you. :Cheers

Did she go to the police first or the ER first? I thought I read that she went to the ER first. The ER is under legal obligation to call police. Not to mention...did she take a shot before she left? How long before her last drink until she even left the club? It was probably before the event in queston. Did she stop for a shot after being violated? We are talking at least 2 hours under ideal circumstances. And yes, generally if police bring in a patient they come right back. But, that certainly doesn't mean they will get a blood draw as soon as they hit the door.

So lets be over the top conservative...

-30 minutes from last drink til she left the club
-5 minutes to find a cop
-10 minutes to answer some basic questions concerning event
-5 min to get to hospital
-10 min to get registered
-10 min to be triaged by nurse
-10 min after the doc reads the chart gets report from cops and nurse...he enters room
-10 minutes to get history from patient, examine and write orders
-10 minutes until lab gets there and draws blood

And most of that stuff even on a really good day in the ER takes alot longer than that.

So being crazy conservative we have an hour 40 minutes. That's if it happened the way you say it happened...and all the stars aligned to form the perfect exam.

NJ-STEELER
04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
i know somone who was so liquored up he passed out and hit a telephone pole. he was pounding beers all day at a jet game

by the time he went to the ER, the time it took for him to get cleared by x ray, he wound up with a BAC of under the legal limit...so shawn has a point

BlackJackGold
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
This whole thread is beyond st00pid!

They took down their facebook accounts to keep from being hounded by the media.

Shawn
04-05-2010, 12:06 AM
i know somone who was so liquored up he passed out and hit a telephone pole. he was pounding beers all day at a jet game

by the time he went to the ER, the time it took for him to get cleared by x ray, he wound up with a BAC of under the legal limit...so shawn has a point

Happens all the time. Unfortunately, it's not always the most efficient process.

phillyesq
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
As for the facebook pages, text messages, twitter messages, etc.:

A good forensic computer guy (and Ben will likely have some of the best) can recover almost anything. There are a number of ways to get it. The info is likely cached on the Internet somewhere, though I'm not sure how a computer guy would find it. Pretty much any info they can acquire on their own will not require a subpoena.

If the information cannot be dug up, Facebook could be subpoenaed, and their archives searched. The computers of the individual sorority sisters could also be subpoenaed. Phone and text records would also require a subpoena. Since a subpoena uses the power of the Court, that option isn't available until either a criminal action or civil lawsuit is initiated.

Although I don't quite understand how the computer guys do what they do, from dealing with them in the professional context I know that they can find almost anything that has been created. Once something is created, it is almost impossible to destroy unless you really know what you're doing.

papillon
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
As for the facebook pages, text messages, twitter messages, etc.:

A good forensic computer guy (and Ben will likely have some of the best) can recover almost anything. There are a number of ways to get it. The info is likely cached on the Internet somewhere, though I'm not sure how a computer guy would find it. Pretty much any info they can acquire on their own will not require a subpoena.

If the information cannot be dug up, Facebook could be subpoenaed, and their archives searched. The computers of the individual sorority sisters could also be subpoenaed. Phone and text records would also require a subpoena. Since a subpoena uses the power of the Court, that option isn't available until either a criminal action or civil lawsuit is initiated.

Although I don't quite understand how the computer guys do what they do, from dealing with them in the professional context I know that they can find almost anything that has been created. Once something is created, it is almost impossible to destroy unless you really know what you're doing.

Let me just add that any cached information could be located and destroyed if the sorority has the knowledge and know how. For this information to be removed from Facebook, Twitter, servers and archives would require the sorority to have someone that works for these entities remove the information. Even at that, the insider would have to have admin rights, networking knowledge, backup and recovery knowledge of Facebook, access to all servers, etc. This likely is not happening.

If the sorority's Facebook, twitter, phone records, etc are necessary for this process/investigation it would be absolutely mind boggling if the information was not able to be retrieved.

Pappy

fordfixer
04-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Nice find Spy. Thanks for posting

SteelAbility
04-08-2010, 12:26 PM
This whole thread is beyond st00pid!

They took down their facebook accounts to keep from being hounded by the media.

Or that could be the proverbial "bush" behind which they are hiding. How can you know one way or the other? The truth is that both sides seem credible in terms of reasonable scenario.